• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Socreges

Banned
I would trade for Trump. Then I'd move to the US

- Trump now has no power since he's the leader of fucking CANADA
- He would cannibalize our wonderful country but the rest of the world would be spared
- I would be safe

Win-win

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smelly, do you have to learn the Canadian anthem or something like that?

I think for the citizenship ceremony I'd have to learn it. But I'm way ahead, I already know it because of hockey. :lol

... I have no idea about Canadian history though, THAT I'll really have to brush up on once it comes to citizenship exam.

Socreges

Banned
I think for the citizenship ceremony I'd have to learn it. But I'm way ahead, I already know it because of hockey. :lol

... I have no idea about Canadian history though, THAT I'll really have to brush up on once it comes to citizenship exam.
Do you have no intention to go back to Smellyland? Too many roots here now?

Smiley90

Do you have no intention to go back to Smellyland? Too many roots here now?

I might go back eventually, but I've been here for so long I want to keep citizenship as something permanent. Switzerland and Canada both allow dual-citizenship so I wouldn't give anything up. I've been here for nearly 8 years, I might as well stay like 3 more and have citizenship for the rest of my life (and kids, who knows).

bigJP

just mention beavers

Just know we kicked America's ass in 1812 and burned the White House down.

Samyy

I would trade for Trump. Then I'd move to the US

- Trump now has no power since he's the leader of fucking CANADA
- He would cannibalize our wonderful country but the rest of the world would be spared
- I would be safe

Win-win

You would still need to deal with:
- Paul Ryan
- Mitch McConnell
- The Freedom Caucus
- The general American public
- The South

calder

I just got PR last summer, it's just a matter of time!

My wife has had PR for a number of years now but insisted she didn't want to bother with citizenship because she wasn't comfortable with the Queen telling her what to do*. She started changing her mind on November 9th** and started to look into citizenship, not sure why.

* half joking
** pretty serious actually

calder

France beat the Smellies? Good for them, but I'm still not sure about those unis. Feel like they either half-assed them or else they are so chic and stylish I can't appreciate them properly.

ZA6_7817_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

Pikma

Banned
Similar to Scott Darling trade, the draft pick is NOT conditional. Kings get the pick regardless of whether Stars sign Bishop or not

Lmao, I can't imagine how I'd feel if he didn't want to sign with us

calder

Pikma you are so fucking lucky

... at least until the Stars give him a 6.5/6yr deal or something.

Granted, a nice upgrade in goal for them now, but if they sign him long term at his age and considering his recent brittleness I think it will hurt them fast. But they are a team built for the near term so maybe they don't care much about a cap crunch 4-5 years from now.

It also depends on what they do with Lehtonen or Niemi I guess.

Smiley90

Trump fired Comey

This is literally Watergate/Saturday Night Massacre all over

What. The. Fuck.

Smiley90

I'm interested in hearing what his rationale was. He'll assuredly explain it away as a recommendation, but....then what?

It was recommended by Jeff Sessions.

The guy who recused himself from the Trump-Russia investigation because he lied under oath. About said investigation. And now he's recommending the guy leading the investigation is fired.
.... yes.

The official claim is "because he didn't persecute Hillary Clinton" but we all know that's bullshit because if so, then why not fire him 5 months ago?

so... yeah. this REEKS.

But the Republicans won't do shit because as usual, party over country.

Pikma

Banned
... at least until the Stars give him a 6.5/6yr deal or something.

Granted, a nice upgrade in goal for them now, but if they sign him long term at his age and considering his recent brittleness I think it will hurt them fast. But they are a team built for the near term so maybe they don't care much about a cap crunch 4-5 years from now.

It also depends on what they do with Lehtonen or Niemi I guess.
Shut up old man, you're just jealous

Top Bottom