• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Line_HTX

Funny you mention that, there was some player in a different sport that hit the club last night and was making it rain after getting eliminated.

7dea62f06c196c86dd84c397272a6a81.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I see how that helps the Rangers, but don't see how it helps the Stars. They could get better and cheaper dmen as free agents, and the Niemi buyout is cheap at $1.5m for two years.

Yeah, I don't see why it would appeal to Dallas at all, really. They might as well buy out their own damn goalies.

Socreges

Banned
Ok it's not quite as bad in context:

As for players Benning has his eye on, he was questioned about how he can be certain they can transition to the NHL and perform the way they do on the larger European ice surface. His answer certainly received plenty of attention on social media – and not necessarily for the right reasons.

“That’s the tough part when you’re scouting European players is how they’re going to play when they get on the smaller sheet of ice in North American and how they’re going to compete. I tell our guys we want European skill with North American heart even though they’re European players and they can seem to get to the smaller ice surfaces and they do great. We’re looking for skilled players. We’re looking for defensemen that can move the puck. There are all sorts of different things we look at when I’m over here, but the games have been good so far and it’s been exciting.”
So he really means 'Europeans that can excel on the North American ice surface and in the North American style'. Really poorly worded, though, Christ.

Socreges

Banned
New season of Master of None was great, already craving more T_T
Be grateful you get a single show on mainstream American programming that touches on issues relative to Indians and Indian families, of which there is approximately 6-8 hours of content released annually. Don't get greedy now!

Also holy shit did you marathon that from midnight on?

zroid

Banned
Da Costa needs to wash his hands after that shootout move

edit: and because of IIHF shootout rules, he took another attempt and scored again! FRANCE WINS!

Samyy

Damn, you burned through it already?

Be grateful you get a single show on mainstream American programming that touches on issues relative to Indians and Indian families, of which there is approximately 6-8 hours of content released annually. Don't get greedy now!

Also holy shit did you marathon that from midnight on?

I already today booked off from work, didn't even know Master of None was coming out today when I did so a happy coincidence.

More shows with Indians as mains would be nice, they do a fantastic job with Dev.

Marvie_3

Banned
Im so glad Reebok NHL gear is on clearance everywhere because of the Adidas switch for next season. Bought Toews & Kane jerseys for 59 each and a Hossa for 80. Plus i picked up a ton of random shirts for about 15 each.

Pikma

Banned
bishop reportedly signed for 29.5mil/6 years
🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎀

Quick

Banned
I already today booked off from work, didn't even know Master of None was coming out today when I did so a happy coincidence.

More shows with Indians as mains would be nice, they do a fantastic job with Dev.

Damn Samyy, slow down!

I haven't even started on the new season (granted, it just came out today). I'm gonna have to put the first episode on my watch list tonight.

I've been working for 11 straight days and haven't had a chance to catch up to my shows this week. Tonight might be when I start, but Master of None is a must.

Yawnier

Banned
Siegal kind of made an ass of himself and sounded like the other 2 idiots.

Yeah I felt like he didn't elaborate on or explain his points very well, for example the Ducks numbers this season compared to last season.

But dear lawd Dave Poulin is brutal and adds almost nothing to any of the conversations he is in, he's so obviously fishing for another job in hockey ops with a team somewhere.

calder

Wish Scheifele played better at these tourneys too. He's usually good, plays well defensively and does a good job against the other teams top line, but doesn't produce offensively like he could.

Top Bottom