• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Referring to "for a while now". Fresh, sober takes after elimination often look a bit different than while making a run. 😋😘😝😜😛🤤

I've been pretty consistently against going after Shattenkirk and have been talking about them rebooting the defense with youth for probably a couple of months now, since the Rangers starting signing their latest batch of NCAA free agents in March. 💩

calder

XvjPh7m.jpg

When you think about it, having him and Karlsson on the same team is kind of a waste huh? I feel like if you already have a Karlsson having a second baby one is just indulgent.

Socreges

Banned
XvjPh7m.jpg

When you think about it, having him and Karlsson on the same team is kind of a waste huh? I feel like if you already have a Karlsson having a second baby one is just indulgent.
But what are they supposed to do? Not as if they can somehow unload that burden? Unless...hmm...unless the Jets...would they be willing to take Chabot off their hands? 🤔

Cake Boss

Banned
XvjPh7m.jpg

Have you seen our 2nd pairing? We need him to carry Phagoof until his contract runs out lol.

The team is set up beautifully, Norrisson for 30 minutes and Chabotsson for the other 30min.

calder

The draft can't come soon enough. 😔

I am bizarrely excited for the off season this year. The entry draft may end up being more intriguing than normal even with some slightly lesser talent at the top because of the expansion draft. Free agency is going to be extra nuts because teams have to wait to do even simple resignings (to avoid having to protect guys) and the roster moves Vegas will be doing should be unique.

Blue Shirt Banter has an interesting article on what the Knights might do and how, and it might be nuts depending on how aggressive they want to be.
A team bribing Vegas to take a particular player: for instance, the Rangers giving the VGK a draft pick to select Klein (as opposed to otherwise-available Fast, Grabner, Lindberg, or Raanta).
A team bribing Vegas to not take a particular player: for instance, Pittsburgh giving VGK a draft pick to not select Fleury or Murray.
A team bribing Vegas to select a particular player from a third party team and ship them over: for instance, Colorado giving VGK a draft pick to select Schlemko from San Jose and promptly trade him to the Avs.

That third possibility has me hyperventilating. Steal us a LHD Vegas and we'll toss you a couple of 2nds!

Enjoy Beaulieu

Tragically, I would. :( He'd be a upgrade on our third pair for sure.

I am bizarrely excited for the off season this year. The entry draft may end up being more intriguing than normal even with some slightly lesser talent at the top because of the expansion draft. Free agency is going to be extra nuts because teams have to wait to do even simple resignings (to avoid having to protect guys) and the roster moves Vegas will be doing should be unique.

Blue Shirt Banter has an interesting article on what the Knights might do and how, and it might be nuts depending on how aggressive they want to be.

That third possibility has me hyperventilating. Steal us a LHD Vegas and we'll toss you a couple of 2nds!

Tragically, I would. :( He'd be a upgrade on our third pair for sure.

Ideally I'd probably trade Beaulieu for a younger forward or in a bigger package trade

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brooksie's hottest take yet: not enough Type-A personalities.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/rangers-need-to-trust-youth-and-find-some-type-a-personalities/

I particularly love this little gem:
This wasn’t the first time in a potential elimination game at the Garden in which the Blueshirts came out flat, or have you forgotten the Game 7 shutdown defeat to the Lightning in the 2015 conference finals?
I actually do happen to remember that game, thank you very much, and I have to ask Brooks if perhaps it is he who has forgotten the Game 7 shutdown defeat to the Lightning in the 2015 conference finals, because the team came out absolutely flying in that game and dominated the fuck out of the first period. They just couldn't get one by Bishop, and that allowed the Lightning to claw back into the game and eventually take it over on their way to a 2-0 win. Basically the exact opposite of what happened in Game 6 against Ottawa, a game in which they actually did come out flat but then tried to mount a late charge that fell short.

But I guess that doesn't really fit the narrative, huh?

Curufinwe

I wonder if Washington needed something awful done to them to really galvanize them. Detroit only won it all after Lemiuex turned Draper's face into mush and they lost to the Avs in the 1996 Conference Finals. Yzerman was the ripe old age of 32 when he finally lifted the Cup.

gaming_noob

Ottawa is very good drafting D with mid-teen draft picks. Karlsson 15th overall and Chabot 18th overall.

Hope the Leafs can do the same with their 17th overall this year.

Merguson

Banned
I don't know how this happened but every time I share an image on Google Hangouts from the Twitter app I use, the preview image that shows up before I send it is always Marner and Matthews holding baby Laine. The actual image shared is the one I want to send originally.

This glitch doesn't need to be fixed.

I don't know how this happened but every time I share an image on Google Hangouts from the Twitter app I use, the preview image that shows up before I send it is always Marner and Matthews holding baby Laine. The actual image shared is the one I want to send originally.

This glitch doesn't need to be fixed.

feature not a bug

Las Vegas should trade for Ovi and Kovalchuk, along with Shipyachov already there and Dadanov likely coming... Should just go all in on Russians and say fuck it.

They would be a team to make it work. And they would get butts in seats with that group.

calder

Can't wait to see Kypreos call out Kuznetsov for not mourning enough.

If that happens hopefully Marek is there to do his "poopy pants" bit where he mocks Hockey Culture for forcing guys to act like their dog died every time they lose a random game in mid January.

Whenever a team gets eliminated and you see the losing team looking bummed I *always* think of one of my all time favourite gifs:
wqrmqy7yax.gif

"Shit, we lost this. I hate losing."
".... otoh, I am a young multimillionaire and my vacation starts tomorrow. Maybe I should book a trip to that beach resort in Polynesia that everyone always raves about for 20k a night."

Top Bottom