• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

iLLmAtlc

Taves is taking a big step in repairing his reputation as a career 3rd liner inexplicably advertised as a key to the Blackhawks' success

Marvie_3

Banned
Taves is taking a big step in repairing his reputation as a career 3rd liner inexplicably advertised as a key to the Blackhawks' success
jigEPGp.gif

imBask

Banned

TaVEs iS tAkINg a Big STeP iN rePAiRINg hIs rePuTaTiON AS a CarREer 3rD LIneR iNeXPlicaBlY ADverTiSeD aS A kEy To tHe bLAckHaWks' SuCCeSs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Burke did an interview with Montreal's radio team the other day, and said Bergevin is one of the greatest talent evaluators in the league lol

My Switch wont pick up my wireless network at all. Scanning while standing right next to my router and it is like it is nonexistant.

Meanwhile my wife is sitting on the couch in the same room streaming netflix over wifi like it is nothing.

What gives?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
During a discussion with Jean-Charles on the air with 91.9 Sports, Bossy suggested the Isles send Tavares to the Canadiens for forward Alex Galchenyuk, defenceman Mikhail Sergachev, goaltender Charlie Lindgren and this year’s first round pick.
Ns7a3hS.gif

Quick

Banned
So, 2017. What's everyone's web browser of choice?

I'm on Firefox currently, but I was thinking of jumping back to Chrome. Seems like it has a bit more to offer than Firefox currently.

I think I jumped off Chrome before because gifs were slowing it down heavily. As I understand it, that issue's been fixed now.

I'm on Firefox currently, but I was thinking of jumping back to Chrome. Seems like it has a bit more to offer than Firefox currently.

I think I jumped off Chrome before because gifs were slowing it down heavily. As I understand it, that issue's been fixed now.

chrome 4 life
I use a mac, so I got access to sarfai too, but never use it
I used to like firefox when you could customize it, i had some cool anime things xD

I use Chrome. It's still the best browser

Yawnier

Banned

Firefox

I used Chrome for a few years from like 2011 to 2013 but eventually went back to Firefox.

Literally none of the defensemen in this draft are sure things*, so quit stanning for Brannstrom.

Timmins excluded
Brannstrom is this years Ho-Sang or Bracco for Dopey, there is no stopping the DopeyProspectTrain when it starts rolling

PillarEN

PC
Firefox is my main. Chrome is my backup/gmail (because my youtube account is not connected to my gmail account and Google refuses to let you be signed in on two accounts in one browser. I am always signed in to Youtube on Firefox on that non-gmail account). GAF told me that both Firefox and Chrome do not allow 1080p streaming of Netflix, but Internet Explorer does so that is my 3rd browser. I don't have Netflix so I uses it like 0.1% of the time. Mostly to test something if I seem to be having an issue on Firefox and Chrome. Usualy it turns out it isn't a browser issue, but actually a website issue.

On my phone I use Safari and Dolphin. Dolphin allows me to listen to Youtube with the screen off. Fuck Youtube Red for forcing that basic (I refuse to even call it a feature) standard off. Safari for everything else.
OK You can actually listen to youtube on Safari too, but you have to go private and force Youtube into desktop mode. Rather use Dolphin which doesn't make me do all that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is this another Ho-Sang situation?

I was expecting him to be a late first lol

I didn't really want to draft him with the 8th, but take a chance on him later... aka trade one of our bums like phaneuf for a late first

I still think he has a lot to show people, though.

As for brannstrom... I looked at all the available footage for everyone... and came to a decision...

I want brannstrom, valimaki or jokiharju

Brannstrom a LOT more than the other 2. I see him as a star while the others are a rougher road.

Yawnier

Banned
I'd rather trade the first for a seventh than draft foote or hague

Joke is on all of us, Hunter will draft some overage guy nobody had on the board.

A part of me thinks they will go with a Foote or a Hague type of d-man because size, grease, and grit which in Babcock obviously has a MASSIVE hard-on for all of those things, but another part of me makes me think they'll pick another Korshkov that most people have going in the 4th or 5th round

Samyy

I thought skating was actually a strength for Hague, that would be the concern with a big defenceman no? Does seem suspect that he's not rated higher if thats the case though, wouldn't be surprised if a team reaches for him given his size.
Probably hoping for Brannstrom or Timmins, maybe Vilamaki fill fall :<

Also saw people discussing dangling Gardiner for a deal involving Karl Alzner's rights lol, Leaf fans are so stupid.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A part of me thinks they will go with a Foote or a Hague type of d-man because size, grease, and grit which in Babcock obviously has a MASSIVE hard-on for all of those things, but another part of me makes me think they'll pick another Korshkov that most people have going in the 4th or 5th round

nah the big reason for the overagers was 2015 was a DEEP draft which means players were missed

next 2 drafts are huge D-men drafts... especially next years...

we have a few big d-men... but outside of Lindgren and JD greenway as a lonnnnnnnnng ways away... we don't have a very good all offense d-man in our system

we need someone just in case we lose gardiner or something. We need a good secondary threat if we don't lose him.

So to sum up the Hockey headlines during the SCF, Friedman says

Kovalchuk still wants to come back to the NHL. San Jose, Toronto or St Louis could be landing spots.

Chris Tanev price is high for teams looking to trade for him.

Arizona getting offers on Mike Smith

Kings are Very Interested in Evander Kane

E.Kane to LA is probably a lock to actually happen at the draft or something

the only thing that makes me wonder is lou

shady people tend to do shady things

also it would make our offense ridiculously terrifying

Kovalchuk would be an amazing Leaf. Matthews Marner and Kovalchuk? God fucking dang.

Top Bottom