• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck predicability. There's no point or motivation in even watching the NBA. Knew all of this shit would happen one year in advance, what a fucking joke of a league.

And yet here you were all season and playoffs hoping Houston would make it to the conference finals and have a shot.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

calder

I dropped out of school after one... what are they called, semesters? Something like that. Basically I didn't go to any classes after October so I waited and waited until it was way too late to do anything except quit.

And now I'm director at imBask's department.

RC

Banned
My job search isn't going well either.

I really hate my current position which is mostly due to my boss, who is just an insufferable micro-manager.

Probably why we've gone through 5 executive assistants and 3 receptionists in the two years I've been here.

Galchenyuk + Habs 1st rounder in 2017 + Victor Mete + Will Bitten for Nolan Patrick

If Bergevin is serious it would probably be Galchenyuk, A First, The two Second rounders from Washington, another second round pick from Chicago and maybe a prospect like Scherbak or Juulsen/Sergachev.

Socreges

Banned
RIP

could've sworn you said project management at some point, but alright!

I'm currently trying to figure out how I can successfully transition from academia to industry with "only" an MSc, not a PhD. Most positions I'm interested in seem to require a PhD. And I'm not sure I wanna go back to earning 20'000CAD a year for tons of work for 6 years just to do that. If so then I might just go back to Europe for a few years (3-4 year PhDs and MUCH higher pay, i'm talking 3-6 fold), but then I might have to give up on getting Canadian citizenship. DECISIONS.
Dude. You asked what field for PM. I said Engineering.

And yeah, that sounds like a tough choice. Presumably you're knocking down doors with resumes and trying to set up informational interviews?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dude. You asked what field for PM. I said Engineering.

And yeah, that sounds like a tough choice. Presumably you're knocking down doors with resumes and trying to set up informational interviews?

I'm currently working so it's not TOO desperation-mode yet. My yearly contract is always up in February and if I want to keep PR I have to stay in the country until at least next summer, so atm I'm just sending out a couple resumes each week for jobd that are appealing while I decide between PhD here / PhD somewhere else / Working. Eventually I'll have to inquire about informal interviews if I dont hear back anywhere about the jobs I'm interested in, yeah.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
*shudders at the thought of having to looks for another job*

Someone at work just said I was too quiet and it made them nervous. I'm not sure how to take this.

RC

Banned

Someone at work just said I was too quiet and it made them nervous. I'm not sure how to take this.

You have to make it very clear that you won't murder him.
Mention it in casual conversation, but don't make it seem too weird.

Pikma

Banned

Start speaking backwards and wearing your clothes inside out, that'll make them feel relieved

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
with your centuries of experience I don't think you should have any problems?

at least looking for a job while HAVING a job is a loooot less stressful.

Too much experience, lol.

My previous job is still giving me occasional contact work, but I'm gonna need something full time soon.

RC

Banned
I don't know. Am I supposed to be talkative?

Though my cats can get very talkative...

Just how many times did you change this post? I swear I saw at least 3 different things.

Was 3.

I figured the "stab them" remark wasn't the most appropriate, but I had to write something.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That feeling when you spend two days designing a map trying to be a smartass to disprove the 4 color theorem ... get a program to color the map using one of the proof algorithms... and it couldn't solve it with 4 colors.

😃

Now need to see if program is broken or if I just solved a 150 year old math problem lol

Smiley90

That feeling when you spend two days designing a map trying to be a smartass to disprove the 4 color theorem ... get a program to color the map using one of the proof algorithms... and it couldn't solve it with 4 colors.

😃

Now need to see if program is broken or if I just solved a 150 year old math problem lol

I'll bet 100 dollars your program is broken

Smiley90

well... i tested a more complicated map and it worked

then redrew mine and it failed again

hmm

edit: oh it had a timeout for solving

need a more robust solution

why are you even working on something that's already got a proof? Seems kinda pointless, what's next, disproving pythagoras?

PillarEN

Pythagoras was a punk ass bitch

His theorem triggers me. Memories of my dad forcing me over and over to repeat it back in grade school.

EDIT: wait no. That's someone else.

Archimedes' Principle. That's the one. And it's so short, but I could never properly remember the phrase and my old man was is a stickler for perfection.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, guys, so there was some news with the Rang-

Uhh, sorry, guess you guys are busy with something else, I'll come back later.

Top Bottom