• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Sense8 was such a weird show. Filmed well, but I couldn't stomach the performances, and the story didn't interest me at all. Punted after 2.5 eps.

Amazingly it was more expensive than GoT to make.

Marvie_3

Banned
Found video of KingBroly in this thread.

CharmingDeafeningBeetle-size_restricted.gif
Like broly would be seen with non-white people.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm so sad. Plus it ended on a massive cliffhanger. I'll never know what happened.
Wolfgang forever being tortured *cries*
I know it was a show forever on the bubble but I really thought we'd get one more season to at least tie up some of the stories.

Sense8 was such a weird show. Filmed well, but I couldn't stomach the performances, and the story didn't interest me at all. Punted after 2.5 eps.

Amazingly it was more expensive than GoT to make.

Well, it doesn't click for most people until episode 4. But I get why it's not for everyone.

And it is an amazingly complex show to film. Because you have to film the same scene multiple times in multiple locations and the editing has to be difficult. So it's easy to see how expensive it can be. The ending of S2 would have helped with the next season's cost.

Foggy

I get being upset but it's a miracle Sense8 existed in the first place. With that budget and the logistics involved, it was living on borrowed time. Same for Marco Polo.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I get being upset but it's a miracle Sense8 existed in the first place. With that budget and the logistics involved, it was living on borrowed time. Same for Marco Polo.

I know.
they are all in the same place at the end of S2 :( that should have helped with the budget

I'm still bitter.

Quick

Banned
[/spoiler]

That is true lil Quick, but
I also found that a lot of the characters had to suffer and had tp go through the trials and tribulations before they actually got their way or whatever they were seeking, like acceptance and/or love.

- The Arnold one I understand, he looked like an idiot but his ex still forgave him, but then again seeing your ex from a long term relationship just marry almost a physical carbon copy of you will be heart breaking as is, I don't know how anyone can withstand that, I wouldn't even showed up to the wedding.
-Denise got accepted but she still had to go through the pain of trying to convince her mother and family to accept her and whoever she was dating every year on thanksgiving, and it looked like it took her whole adolescence and adult life for her mom to be "ok" with her. I am sure tho there has/is been worst experiences than hers, but still wasn't easy.
-In order for Dev to get that great gig, he had to do alot of shit first tho, crappy commercials and small bits in movies, even when he got the parts it seemed to always go bad for him like getting cut out of that movie last minute in season 1, or experiencing some crazy blatant racism by the execs in those emails.
-Dev finally got the girl, but it took a lot of bad relationships and shitty hookups first, a lot of those bad relationships ending was also his doing but then again, everyone has their way of doing thangs.

Less anime, more master of none. Offseason > Finals thread.

Oh definitely.
Didn't mean to discount each character's struggle. I think that's what makes their wins even better. They went through some serious lows and came back up with serious highs. It feels good to cheer on these characters.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I enjoyed Marco Polo

Couldnt get trough more than two episodes of Sense8 though, sorry kat

Anyone watched Bloodline?

I thought Season 1 was incredible, but it was so depressing that I ignored Season 2 until just last week.

Now, after watching S2E1, I'm not sure I want to go on. Every Rayburn is just such a massive piece of shit.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed Marco Polo

Couldnt get trough more than two episodes of Sense8 though, sorry kat

:(

IT'S YOUR FAULT.

j/k I really get how it's not for everyone.

Anyone watched Bloodline?

I thought Season 1 was incredible, but it was so depressing that I ignored Season 2 until just last week.

Now, after watching S2E1, I'm not sure I want to go on. Every Rayburn is just such a massive piece of shit.

I couldn't get through Bloodline. Bailed about halfway through the first season.

If Sense8 had to be sacrificed for The Witcher so be it.

WILL FIGHT YOU

KAVE HELP ME BEAT UP THE OLD MAN

What's everyone's guilty pleasure tv show?

Lucifer is mine.

hmmm. I'm not sure. I guess Teen Wolf fits that. It's ending soon though.

I tried to get my wife to watch Bojack Horseman and might have irreparably damaged the marriage.

But I'm not quitting on you, Bojack.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Amazing Race is great, I never watched the Canadian version though

MASTER CHEF is definitely the correct NHLGAF answer though

Pikma

Banned
You know what's a really fucking garbage tv show? Iron Fist, I started watching that shit with my brother when he was around and holy fuck that was bad.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In hockey news, Canadiens agree to terms with
Stefan
Leblanc

You know what's a really fucking garbage tv show? Iron Fist, I started watching that shit with my brother when he was around and holy fuck that was bad.

Yes it is.

zroid

Banned
Amazing Race is great, I never watched the Canadian version though

MASTER CHEF is definitely the correct NHLGAF answer though

I actually really dig the Canadian version. Haven't watched the US version in years either.

the product placement does get a bit grating at times though

Socreges

Banned
I don't think I have any guilty pleasures for TV shows. I can't tolerate reality TV. And there's too much good stuff out there from HBO, AMC, Netflix, etc to bother with weak dramas or comedies.

And what's wrong with Bojack? My GF and I watched the first couple seasons

Top Bottom