• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

I'm guessing it will be

BGally-DD-Bourque
AGally-Plekanec-Ryder
Prust-Dumont-Moen
White-Halpern-Armstrong.

Ugh.

Solo

We're basically now counting on 2 rookies to carry us. Love the Gallys, but they cannot be expected to carry the team on their backs at 19 and 20 years old.

Mr.Green

This picture's just going to get funnier and funnier as the Habs continue to lose.

This picture's just going to get funnier and funnier as you continue to post.

image.php

Delryk

inDGK1gQP8DT7.gif

You tell me that's not a headshot the way his head snaps back first before anything else. edit: but yes, as I did mention, the majority of facial damage does come his face hitting the ice, which is not helped by the fact he was out cold and defenseless on his way down.

Its called whipsplash. Get into a car crash headon and see what happens. Did the car hit the head? Of course not.

Any time you get into a collison, the head bobbles.

I hate to see a player go down like that, but this hit was more legit than 99% of the Scott Stevens days. But as its been said in here, with the hard plastic armor they now wear, the days of hard hits without injuries have come to an end.. The NHL really needs to think which way they are going with this. Either ban all huge hits or do something about these unvreakable, hard padded protection...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We're basically now counting on 2 rookies to carry us. Love the Gallys, but they cannot be expected to carry the team on their backs at 19 and 20 years old.

Pretty much. Bourque and Subban had good games. Need to see more from Ryder and Pleks. Don't really give a fuck about DD unless he can prove me wrong.

Mr.Green

Its called whipsplash. Get into a car crash headon and see what happens. Did the car hit the head? Of course not.

Any time you get into a collison, the head bobbles.

I hate to see a player go down like that, but this hit was more legit than 99% of the Scott Stevens days. But as its been said in here, with the hard plastic armor they now wear, the days of hard hits without injuries have come to an end.. The NHL really needs to think which way they are going with this. Either ban all huge hits or do something about these unvreakable, hard padded protection...

Dude. A whiplash happens when you get hit in the rear. This doesn't even begin to have anything to do with a whiplash. Stop. Just, stop.

Delryk

Dude. A whiplash happens when you get hit in the rear. This doesn't even begin to have anything to do with a whiplash. Stop. Just, stop.

Umm no. Most whiplashes are from the rearbut you can easily get one by headbanging, jumping off high things, bungee jumping etc.

I see why i dont post much here. Uneducated peeps.

Dopey's talking about whipsplash, you are talking about whiplash. Clearly different things.

(Whiplash is just the damage that occurs from a quick and unnatural extension of the neck; I had it when I ploughed into the median heading out of Victora on the Trans Canada a few years ago.)

Whipsplash is apparently this.

Solo

Naah man you're fine.

Remember:

"le depth/"

You got this.

Maybe we're doing the most epic rope-a-dope in NHL history. After we beat Ottawa, Colby Armstrong tears off his face to reveal Lars Eller.

"It was me, Anderson, it was me all along!"

Solo

Habs need to get more traffic in front of Anderson tonight. The good news is that with all the grinders we are icing, there won't be a shortage of guys willing to do it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not every player can be the best passer in the league like Kadri. Was he in the lineup on Wednesday?

Typical Habs-fan.

I doubt you even know what a good pass looks like.

It's undeniable Kadri is at least top 2 ever when it comes to passes, and yet you continue to show how salty you are about it. If he wasn't on the Leafs you'd be propelling him to the moon.

Stay salty.

Sanjuro

Habs need to get more traffic in front of Anderson tonight. The good news is that with all the grinders we are icing, there won't be a shortage of guys willing to do it.

I haven't had a chance to look at the box score. Going into the series, I didn't think Anderson would be able to translate his regular season success to the second season...a small sample, but I'm inaccurate as fuck.

Mr.Green

Umm no. Most whiplashes are from the rearbut you can easily get one by headbanging, jumping off high things, bungee jumping etc.

You just quoted the Google search you did 2 minutes ago. Was Eller headbanging to Metallica or bungee jumping on that hit, Einstein?

Wikipedia said:
Whiplash is commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents, usually when the vehicle has been hit in the rear; however, the injury can be sustained in many other ways, including headbanging, bungee jumping and falls. It is one of the main injuries covered by the car insurers.[citation needed] In the United Kingdom, 430,000 people made an insurance claim for whiplash in 2007, accounting for 14% of every driver's premium.

You probably don't post here much because people make fun of you every fucking time you do.

Sanjuro

Typical Habs-fan.

It's undeniable Kadri is at least top 2 ever when it comes to passes, and yet you continue to show how salty you are about it. If he wasn't on the Leafs you'd be propelling him to the moon.

Stay salty.

You know, there was another Maple Leaf who was good at passing? Kaberle. Now look at him...HE IS DEAD. HE IS FUCKING DEAD!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Typical Habs-fan.

Stay salty.

With comments about the series being very winnable, I'm surprised his huge ego didn't lift him to the moon already.

Solo

I haven't had a chance to look at the box score. Going into the series, I didn't think Anderson would be able to translate his regular season success to the second season...a small sample, but I'm inaccurate as fuck.

50 shots, 48 saves. Really the only stat you need.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Susannah Collins, Hawks reporter who said Hawks "had a tremendous amount of sex" has just been fired.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...ng-ways-with-network-20130502,0,3134722.story

They claim the slip up brought videos she made a couple years ago to their attention, which has to be complete bullshit. Someone said she even listed said videos on her profile page (whether this was on CSN's page or her own website)

That sucks, pretty sure I have seen worse gafs. TSN should pick her up.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The way things are going, we will have ECHL players prominently on display by round 2

Seriously... 5 injuries between the first NE games?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Do us all a favour and go post on Something Awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom