• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Kostka tmrw, Gardiner in...should definitely help a lot with breaking out of our zone. Apparently the Leafs worked hard in practice today with the transition game

dem

I officially deem the hab fanbase more annoying than the canucklehead fanbase

At least the Canucks know deep down that they aren't going to win anything.

Solo

Sounds like MT won't announce who is playing until just before game time. But then again, we have 3 open slots and only 5 players available (Armstrong, Halpern, Bournival, Leblanc, Nokelainen).

Time to give Louis another chance?

Seriously, I have trouble with hockey fans who want to see hits like this one happen to talented players like Lars Eller. I was never happy when Crosby got concussed, or David Perron, or Malkin... I like to see talented players on the ice.

I fail to see what's exciting about seeing a talented prospect laying motionless on the ice in his own blood.

But to each his own, I guess.

P.S. I'm not comparing Eller to Crosby or Malkin. He's just a "talented player". As opposed to, like, Chris Neil.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like MT won't announce who is playing until just before game time. But then again, we have 3 open slots and only 5 players available (Armstrong, Halpern, Bournival, Leblanc, Nokelainen).

Time to give Louis another chance?

Yeah maybe, need more scoring potential.

Solo

It's unclear if Dumont and Blunden are on the active roster and available. If so, that number increases to 7 available players for 3 spots.

Maybe

AGally-DD-Bourque
BGally-Pleks-Ryder
LeBlanc-Dumont-Prust
White-Halpern-Moen

If available?

EDIT: 8 players - Weber!

calder

Wait, what's this about whiplash? Are you guys just relying on small gifs? Can you not actually see how the shoulder SMOKES Eller in the head?

Even the people saying it's a clean hit don't deny the contact with the head. But they're saying that it's incidental contact since there is enough body-body contact.

IMO the first contact is to the head and the rest might be simultaneous or immediately afterwards (ie, hip-groin), but he just gets so much of the head that you'd have to call it a bad hit. That said, I understand how it can go either way. It comes down to how much accountability the front office wants to place on the hitter.

Lol I'd say about 60% of the posts about the hit feature some level of gobsmacking idiocy. I actually just kind of skim replies from some people now or I'd have a rage stroke.

I quoted your post because, while we don't completely agree, your thoughts on the hit are cogent and reasonable. Which makes them the occasional sparkling oasis in an endless desert of illogic, queasily mean spirited trolling and plain dumbassery.

Acid08

Banned
Seriously, I have trouble with hockey fans who want to see hits like this one happen to talented players like Lars Eller. I was never happy when Crosby got concussed, or David Perron, or Malkin... I like to see talented players on the ice.

I fail to see what's exciting about seeing a talented prospect laying motionless on the ice in his own blood.

P.S. I'm not comparing Eller to Crosby or Malkin. He's just a "talented player". As opposed to, like, Chris Neil.
No one is saying they want things like this to happen....what the hell are you talking about?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lol I'd say about 60% of the posts about the hit feature some level of gobsmacking idiocy. I actually just kind of skim replies from some people now or I'd have a rage stroke.

I quoted your post because, while we don't completely agree, your thoughts on the hit are cogent and reasonable. Which makes them the occasional sparkling oasis in an endless desert of illogic, queasily mean spirited trolling and plain dumbassery.

Hey fuck you with your big words bitch! :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Susannah Collins, Hawks reporter who said Hawks "had a tremendous amount of sex" has just been fired.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...ng-ways-with-network-20130502,0,3134722.story

They claim the slip up brought videos she made a couple years ago to their attention, which has to be complete bullshit. Someone said she even listed said videos on her profile page (whether this was on CSN's page or her own website)

Can't say I'm disappointed. She was hot but really annoying.

BRING BACK SARAH KUSTOK

No one is saying they want things like this to happen....what the hell are you talking about?
If you think this hit is legal, then you must acknowledge that you want this hit to be part of the game you're a fan of.

If that's what you think, well that's what you're going to see.

fallout

I think you're confusing: "It's a risk of playing hockey." with: "We want this to happen in hockey."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tsn just lost jay onrait and dan o'toole

I just read that, holy shit:

http://bellmediapr.ca/tsn/releases/release.asp?id=16431&yyyy=2013

Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole to Leave TSN as They Head to Los Angeles on New Adventure

– Onrait and O’Toole continue to host SPORTSCENTRE Morning Loop on TSN until late June –

To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/17BJgC1

TORONTO (May 3, 2013) – TSN today announced that the network’s popular sports anchor team of Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole are heading to Los Angeles for exciting new broadcast opportunities on U.S. television.

Onrait and O’Toole will continue hosting Canada’s most-watched sports news program, SPORTSCENTRE, until late June.

“It is with mixed emotions that all of us at TSN and Bell Media bid farewell to Jay and Dan. They have made remarkable contributions to TSN and have helped solidify SPORTSCENTRE as Canada’s clear choice for sports news,” said Phil King, President, CTV Programming and Sports. “I’ve been working with Jay and Dan since the beginning, and their success is a testament to the exceptional talent and original productions that have become a hallmark of Bell Media. I’m sure Jay and Dan will thrive on U.S. television and endear themselves to a whole new legion of fans.”

“As ambassadors of the TSN brand, Jay and Dan connect with viewers across the country and have distinguished themselves as two of the most popular broadcasters in Canada,” said Stewart Johnston, President, TSN. “They entertain us each morning with their inimitable brand of humour and have inspired a whole new generation of sports fans. While all of us at TSN – and their loyal fans across the country – will miss seeing them every morning, Jay and Dan are leaving for an opportunity of a lifetime and we couldn’t be happier for them.”

“Every single day I went into work at TSN, I knew I was going to have fun. It’s a unique and rare work environment that I never took for granted. I am forever indebted to TSN for letting me be a part of it for the past 10 years,” said Dan O’Toole. “Also, if it wasn’t for TSN, I would never have been paired with Jay. The fact that TSN took a chance and let us do our own thing every night on SPORTSCENTRE is something we will always be thankful for. Even as we embark on this new adventure, we will forever remain just a tall, lanky kid from Athabasca, Alberta, and a pig farmer from Peterborough, Ontario.”

“I started at TSN in 1996 as an editorial assistant on SPORTSDESK, writing highlights for Michael Landsberg and Jim Van Horne, and now I leave the network with a very heavy heart because it is the place I have called home for so many years," said Jay Onrait. "I have made so many lifelong friendships at the network with people far more talented than I am. I will miss everything about TSN.

“The moment I was paired with Dan on SPORTSCENTRE, I knew we had the chance to do something Canadians would really love. For the last decade we have received more love from our viewers than we could have ever imagined – and for this, we are eternally grateful. I am also especially grateful to Mark Milliere, who was my first producer back in 1996 and ended up as my boss. He trusted Dan and I with the freedom to do SPORTSCENTRE our way. We never took that freedom for granted and we will always appreciate the opportunity to host what I still believe is the best sports show in the country.

“We may be heading south…but we remain forever CANADIAN!”

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TSN might be watchable now

EatShit.jpg

Mr.Green

That is very eloquently said but I think you're pushing it a little. Is it really that bad? Here?

Personally, I'd give you 2 minutes for embellishment.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nooooooo, nobody else on Sportscentre has any personality. Dutchy and Hedger are okay together, but everyone else sound like robots when they speak to one another.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nooooooo, nobody else on Sportscentre has any personality. Dutchy and Hedger are okay together, but everyone else sound like robots when they speak to one another.

I think Nabil Karim could end up becoming pretty good but he's years off.

Otherwise all we got is Mudryk striking out with the women all the time.

Sens should start Lehner today. Anderson must be fatigued after last nights game and goalies rarely have successful back to back games.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think Nabil Karim could end up becoming pretty good but he's years off.

Otherwise all we got is Mudryk striking out with the women all the time.

Karim is good at narrating highlights, but I haven't really seen any personality with him. Maybe when he gets comfortable with someone.

Canadian sports networks have been doomed since The Score lost Cabbie.

Even Cabbie has been neutered with TSN. Tim and Sid were hilarious on highlights back then.

Going to [cry] watch the game with friends at La Cage aux Sports tonight.

Feel free to use my salt.

La Cage aux Sports! I went to one in Quebec City to watch the 2010 semi-final game, so awesome

I had spaghetti with meatballs with a shitload of cheese on top, oh man

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Canadian sports networks have been doomed since The Score lost Cabbie.

Man now I'm all bummed out thinking about how awesome The Score used to be. They knew they were a distant 3rd and didn't give a shit, everyone at the channel felt like people you could go grab a beer with and just talk sports.

Now...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom