• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
When I see fans at playoff games having fun and smiling even though their team is losing I wonder how that is possible.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
CHI vs MIN in 4
ANA vs DET in 7
VAN vs SJS in 6
STL vs LAK in 5

PIT vs NYI in 7
MTL vs OTT in 6
WAS vs NYR in 6
BOS vs TOR in 5

Got my tickets to games 3 and 4 at the Coliseum today. I honestly think we can beat the Pens.

Alucard

Banned
For those calling for an Isles upset in round 1:

"The Penguins won the season series with the Islanders, 4-1 – the sixth straight season Pittsburgh has finished with a winning record against their Atlantic Division opponent. The Islanders won the first game on Jan. 29 (4-1), but the Penguins took the following four by a combined score of 16-6 – the last coming on March 30, a 2-0 win at CONSOL Energy Center."

Anything can happen, but the Isles winning seems like a long shot. However, I'm not counting them out. I know what can happen when you don't give your opponent enough credit.

1993. David Volek.
volek.jpg

Never forget.

I'm so glad I didn't buy the tickets to Air Canada Centre and expecting a Leafs/Habs game. Leafs can keep their shit-expensive tickets for all I care. I rather drive down to Ottawa now and gladly watch Sens/Habs.

Why are tickets so damn cheap in Bell Centre and Scotiabank Place compared to ACC?

That and my friend knows someone who may have box tickets to Leafs game(s) so I may go for that instead!

Merguson

Banned
I'm so glad I didn't buy the tickets to Air Canada Centre and expecting a Leafs/Habs game. Leafs can keep their shit-expensive tickets for all I care. I rather drive down to Ottawa now and gladly watch Sens/Habs.

Why are tickets so damn cheap in Bell Centre and Scotiabank Place compared to ACC?

That and my friend knows someone who may have box tickets to Leafs game(s) so I may go for that instead!

What do you expect from the Vatican of Hockey?

ShaneB

Here are my picks.

CHI vs MIN 5 games. This is pretty much a lock. The Hawks have dominated all season and have never slumped. The Wild have their moments, but Hawks taking this one easily.

ANA vs DET - 6 games. This is a strange pick, I was thinking Detroit squeaked into the playoffs, and would get beat up by the Ducks, but they'll put up a good fight, Detroit in the playoffs just seem to always have a way to perform, still though, Ducks win here, but I see close games, maybe a OT marathon in this series.

VAN vs SJS - 6 games. The Canucks are clicking at the right time, they're healthy, so much depth, and solid goaltending (that I hope doesn't turn into another carousel).

STL vs LAK - 7 games. Shot in the dark pick really. The Kings have seemingly had a very quiet season, but the Blues play some really solid hockey, with a incredible defense that should be a major shut down here. Will come down to goaltending.

PIT vs NYI - 7 games. As mentioned, my suprise upset pick. A mix of my heart and head I guess. Sure the Pens are scary, but the Islanders are playing hot hockey, and that is exactly what you want heading into the playoffs. Tavares is the key here.

MTL vs OTT - 6 games. Ugh, I want both these teams to win :( Both teams have had their ups and downs, but the Habs just have had a hell of a season, and show what depth they've got in their lineup to pull this one off.

WAS vs NYR - 7 games. Fuck the Rangers. As Ovie goes, so do the Caps. Will be a close series just like last year, but I think the Caps pull it off this time. As much as it might be all about Ovie, this could be another goaltending series. Holtby vs Lundquist will be fun to watch.

BOS vs TOR - 6 games. The Leafs will put up some fight, but they're really outclassed here. Certainly a case of me hoping I'm wrong.

Yeah, guess I'll go with that.

In my defense I actually called Habs in seven against all the peer pressure on the playoff podcast.

They match up well to Ottawa in terms of rosters but they definitely have more players I see as a scoring threat. Price/Budaj and the Gally's are going to be the difference makers for Montreal and Zibanejad, Michalek and Karlsson will make or break the series for Ottawa.

I expect them to play at their pre-clinch level in the playoffs.

I'm definitely worried about Anderson though.

The x factor is also how your defense holds up too..and can Price regain his confidence. It was a smart move sitting him against the Leafs in case things got ugly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I expect them to play at their pre-clinch level in the playoffs.

I'm definitely worried about Anderson though.

Any reason for that?

I don't watch the Habs often so only see the scores, has there been a drastic improvement in play the last few games?

Now that the Leafs aren't playing the Habs it's all good to me if they advance on.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Any reason for that?

I don't watch the Habs often so only see the scores, has there been a drastic improvement in play the last few games?

Now that the Leafs aren't playing the Habs it's all good to me if they advance on.

They have something to play for again. No real scientific explanation or anything.

The team has looked better their last two games, and Price especially looked confident in his last two starts. Beating Anderson is another story, but I believe we'll see the compete level again.

Alucard

Banned
CHI vs MIN in 5
ANA vs DET in 6
VAN vs SJS in 7
STL vs LAK in 6

PIT vs NYI in 5
MTL vs OTT in 7
WAS vs NYR in 6
BOS vs TOR in 5

Acid08

Banned
good stuff, despite Acid talking into a coffee can. it'd be great if they could get posted a bit quicker.

is there a scheduled day/time that you're going to make these?
Not sure if there's going to be a set schedule going forward but Marv said the one we recorded last night will be up tonight.

Silexx

So apparently, the Sens organisation decided to withhold a certain number of tickets to sell after the match ups were decided. Once it was confirmed to be the Habs, they jacked up the prices.

I get the selling of tickets at a premium against a Canadian team, but after the whole stink up of "Take back the Bank" they have no one to blame but themselves when Habs fans invade Scotiabank Place during the first round.

CHI vs MIN in 5 - Hawks have been great all year while the Wild have been up and down. I don't see much of an upset chance here. No Heatley and Pominville pretty much seal Minny's fate.

ANA vs DET in 7 - I can see an upset here. Ducks have been good but Wings have the experience. I think this will come down to depth.

VAN vs SJS in 6 - The possibility is there for an upset but I have to cheer for the home team. The biggest factor for the Canucks will be health (Bieksa, Tanev, Schneider) and the bottom six; if Roy stays on the second line the 3C position is Lapierre or Ebbett, which won't threaten anyone. #FreeSchroeder

STL vs LAK in 7 - Pretty much a toss-up. Quick hasn't been as good as he was, but I'm not willing to gamble everything on Elliott despite his recent strong play. I give the Blues the advantage in defense with Bouwmeester and the Kings missing Mitchell.

PIT vs NYI in 7 - The Islanders will give Pittsburgh everything they can handle but the Pens are too strong. With a healthy Crosby this series will end sooner.

MTL vs OTT in 6 - If Price regains his form the Canadiens should make short work of the Senators. No Spezza will hurt.

WAS vs NYR in 7 - Both teams started slow only to pick it up as the season progressed. Lundqvist is the better goalie but the Caps have the better offense. Richards and Nash need to bring their A-game to give the Rangers a chance.

BOS vs TOR in 6 - Bruins haven't been as good as I remember but they still have the experience and depth to win.

So apparently, the Sens organisation decided to withhold a certain number of tickets to sell after the match ups were decided. Once it was confirmed to be the Habs, they jacked up the prices.

I get the selling of tickets at a premium against a Canadian team, but after the whole stink up of "Take back the Bank" they have no one to blame but themselves when Habs fans invade Scotiabank Place during the first round.

Worse than the Leafs confirmed

ANA vs DET in 7 - I can see an upset here. Ducks have been good but Wings have the experience. I think this will come down to depth.

Ducks have enough experience where this doesn't matter

Is someone keeping track of everyone's predictions? :p

Canucks lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Bieksa-Edler
Alberts-Corrado

Corrado ahead of Ballard... ouch for Ballard. Corrado has been good though.

Glad they took Roy off the second line despite his chemistry with Kesler and Higgins.

Acid08

Banned

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Bieksa-Edler
Alberts-Corrado

Glad they took Roy off the second line despite his chemistry with Kesler and Higgins.
Yeah, figures they moved Roy down. They need someone better than Lapierre to match Pavs.

Cactus

Banned
West:

Chicago in 5
LA in 6
Anaheim in 7
Vancouver in 6

East:

Pittsburgh in 5
Washington in 6
Boston in 6
:'(
Ottawa in 6

Chicago in 5
Detroit in 7
Vancouver in 6
St. Louis in 7

Pittsburgh in 5
Ottawa in 7
Washington in 6
Boston in 6

There's no way we win in less than 7 unless LA just falls on its ass like Oshie on gameday.

Some great match ups, tomorrow night will be epic.

The Blues have been pretty inconsistent which worries me up against a team like the Kings, though we have more size and a better defense than last season. Seems like a toss up.

If the April Blues show up (especially Elliott), we stand a damn good chance.

If April Defense and Goaltending shows up with January Offense and awkward Hitchcock line changes stay home, we win. Anything else and we get worn down.

Yea scumbag move. Thankfully got my tickets on Saturday for fairly cheap.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Bieksa-Edler
Alberts-Corrado

Well fuck that.

Whew Nonis seems pretty confident that Bozak will be playing game 1.

There was no doubt that the Leafs missed Bozak last Saturday, it actually showed how important he was in this offense. On the bright side, Kessel was still the best player out there regardless of who was centering him.

Schwartz staying on the top line with Backes and Steen at morning practice. Good to see. Kid is right there with Sobotka for Blues players I've been the most impressed with this season. Work ethic is miles above some of our top 9 right now.

Tarasenko swapping in and out with Oshie for RW on Perron Berglund line.

Acid08

Banned
Offense lines all the same today.

D pairs:

Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Hannan

ugh nonononononono. I can see the minutes upon minutes of being hemmed in our zone already. Put Tennyson in instead of Hannan, he's so awful. Especially when paired with Stuart, neither of them can pass. Demers please come back soon.

Also we're wearing the black jerseys at home again. Boo.

Socreges

Banned
Offense lines all the same today.

D pairs:

Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Hannan

ugh nonononononono. I can see the minutes upon minutes of being hemmed in our zone already. Put Tennyson in instead of Hannan, he's so awful. Especially when paired with Stuart, neither of them can pass. Demers please come back soon.

Also we're wearing the black jerseys at home again. Boo.
Has Burns been more valuable as a forward? That top6 makes me smile.

Looks like Tanev could be back for Game 2. He's been so solid this year, so here's hoping. Corrado has 3 games to burn before a year of his ELC is used, so I'm pretty sure they're looking at Tanev replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom