• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
In my defense I actually called Habs in seven against all the peer pressure on the playoff podcast.
You were also drinking PBR which means little more than Tabris' ;)

good stuff, despite Acid talking into a coffee can. it'd be great if they could get posted a bit quicker.
That was my bad. I was crazy busy from Wed. to yesterday so I didn't have time to get it edited and posted until last night.

is there a scheduled day/time that you're going to make these?
One per week. Record sunday or monday. Have it posted by tuesday or wednesday.

Acid08

Banned
Has Burns been more valuable as a forward? That top6 makes me smile.

Looks like Tanev could be back for Game 2. He's been so solid this year, so here's hoping. Corrado has 3 games to burn before a year of his ELC is used, so I'm pretty sure they're looking at Tanev replacing him.

I'd say he has been more valuable. He fills that top 6 void we have. He can do anything, it's crazy. The D has honestly been fine because they're making good decisions and are coached well. It's really just that Stuart-Hannan pairing that's bad. Stuart-Demers was really good. Plus I trust Vlasic to shut down any play in the league.

Still, wouldn't mind seeing Burns moved back for this series, at least until Demers is back.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stepan is going to get a huge raise.

Yeah, considering his cap hit this year is only $875k. :D

This is kind of an issue for us this offseason, actually. Stepan, McDonagh, and Hagelin are all coming off of ELCs. Clowe and Zuccarello have to be resigned. And there's the question of what to do about Michael Sauer. Gonna be tough with the dropping cap.

Next year is going to be far far worse.

Merguson

Banned

Xq91S.gif

Has Burns been more valuable as a forward? That top6 makes me smile.

Looks like Tanev could be back for Game 2. He's been so solid this year, so here's hoping. Corrado has 3 games to burn before a year of his ELC is used, so I'm pretty sure they're looking at Tanev replacing him.
2 games scgrs.

Vman

Pominville and Scandella back for Game 1 tomorrow, here are our lines. look good to me!

Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu-Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker-Matt Cullen-Devin Setoguchi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard-Kyle Brodziak-Jason Pominville
Mike Rupp-Torrey Mitchell-Cal Clutterbuck
Extra: Zenon Konopka

Ryan Suter-Jonas Brodin
Clayton Stoner-Jared Spurgeon
Scandella-Tom Gilbert
Extras: Brett Clark and Nate Prosser

Socreges

Banned
You should be, Detroit is going to show how good they still are.
Can we get an inventory on Tabris Guarantees? Have any come true yet? Any pending realization?

Pominville and Scandella back for Game 1 tomorrow, here our our lines. look good to me!

Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu-Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker-Matt Cullen-Devin Setoguchi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard-Kyle Brodziak-Jason Pominville
Mike Rupp-Torrey Mitchell-Cal Clutterbuck
Extra: Zenon Konopka

Ryan Suter-Jonas Brodin
Clayton Stoner-Jared Spurgeon
Scandella/Justin Falk-Tom Gilbert
Extras: Brett Clark and Nate Prosser
Backstrom will need to be lights out.

CCF23

Offense lines all the same today.

D pairs:

Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Hannan

ugh nonononononono. I can see the minutes upon minutes of being hemmed in our zone already. Put Tennyson in instead of Hannan, he's so awful. Especially when paired with Stuart, neither of them can pass. Demers please come back soon.

Also we're wearing the black jerseys at home again. Boo.

tumblr_ltndj9WOjx1qjlnkf.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol, so many people basing this because the Habs had one slump during the year that happened to happen near the end.

I can admit the Leafs played like shit last Saturday. But the Habs end of the season struggle is still there.
If you actually watched the games instead of bailing after Tinordi made scrambled eggs of Grabovski, you'd see the Habs played the same style of game in their final two games that won them the NE division. Everyone has gotten back to the teams original style, including Price.

Any reason for that?

I don't watch the Habs often so only see the scores, has there been a drastic improvement in play the last few games?

Now that the Leafs aren't playing the Habs it's all good to me if they advance on.
Subban himself said that it was hard to play at 100% after clinching and that they took the gas off the pedal.

Wow. A lot of people don't believe in the Habs.

Seriously, apart from the Pens, I don't think there's a team in the East with more scoring depth than Montreal. Our top three lines are scoring lines.

If they play with intensity, they're gonna surprise a lot of people in here...

Wow. A lot of people don't believe in the Habs.

Seriously, apart from the Pens, I don't think there's a team in the East with more scoring depth than Montreal. Our top three lines are scoring lines.

If they play with intensity, they're gonna surprise a lot of people in here...

Complaining about people not believing in Montreal? Haha that's cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom