• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thursday is too far away.

tumblr_m32a3w3nG41r04lepo1_500_zps6686c261.gif

tumblr_lu06y9cmZg1qh73u3o1_500_zps6891dd08.gif

Solo

FYI, TSN's Playoff preview airs in 2 hours at 8:30 EST and CBC's airs in 30 minutes at 7 EST.

TSN can go fuck itself, but I'll be watching the CBC one.

Marvie_3

Banned
Would you shut the fuck up.

I'm a Leafs fan and I think Price is better.

edit: I regret making that kind of attack. Damn it. This week is going to break me.

If there was a Leafs/Habs series, I have no doubt there would be plenty of barns being rented out for some of you guys to fight in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Would you shut the fuck up.

I'm a Leafs fan and I think Price is better.

edit: I regret making that kind of attack. Damn it. This week is going to break me.
Bottle that shit up for the Bruins man, you'll need it. I'm not directing that at you anyways, it's guided towards the troll Leaf fans that only ever come in here to post when Price has a bad game and actually believe Reimer is a better goalie. It's high praise coming from a guy like Nonis who wasn't even asked about it.

Montresor

Bottle that shit up for the Bruins man, you'll need it. I'm not directing that at you anyways, it's guided towards the troll Leaf fans that only ever come in here to post when Price has a bad game and actually believe Reimer is a better goalie. It's high praise coming from a guy like Nonis who wasn't even asked about it.

Fair enough. I tend to take attacks on all Leaf fans personally, which is pretty dumb.

Solo

dat CBC ballwashing of of the Habs nom nom nom

So glad they covered that series first. Now I can shut it off and get back to GoT :lol

PJ took Sens in 6
Glenn took Habs in 5
Kevin took Habs in 6
Elliot took Sens in 6

FYI

Dat respect (although a vote from PJ Stock don't mean much lol).

Oh look, Leafs GM saying Price is "one of the best, if not the best goalie in the league", good thing Leaf fans still think he's garbage and Reimer is better.

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=802&id=243796&cmpid=embed-share-video

ROFL.

Not sure what's funnier, saying Price is the best goalie in the league or taking a Leafs GM opinion on it as a fact.

Red_Man

Not sure what's funnier, saying Price is the best goalie in the league or taking a Leafs GM opinion on it as a fact.
Goalies that are 100% better then Price? Lunqvist, Quick, Rinne, Tim Thomas and that's it imo. Calling him the best in the league is a stretch, but it's not that ridiculous.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
:lol at that Leaf fan in the crowd asking PJ how long it will take Orr or McLaren to drop the gloves with Chara.

Solo

What!?

Cogliano - Koivu - Winnick

23 points, 27 points, 19 points

Habs have AGally-Eller-revolving door of Ryder/Gallagher/Prust/Bourque

That'll get you 27 points, 30 points, 35/28/21/13 points (Bourque is low due to injury)

Sorry Heretic. Not to mention that the three guys on the Habs third line are really young and only going to get better and better. AGally is 19, BGally is 20, and Eller is 23. Hnnnnngg.

Socreges

Banned
These playoffs will give Schneider some more exposure and boost (hopefully) his resume, but next season will determine whether or not he deserves to be considered 'elite' as he'll play 60+ games for the first time.

Some side by side comparison notes for the Sharks/Canucks series.

On offense, we should more or less be evenly matched.

The Canucks should be icing the following:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

While the Shark should be icing something like:

Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Torres - Pavelski - Wingels
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish

We're evenly matched up on centers, with three legitimate top-six centers apiece. While Lapierre and Gomez should be evenly matched as 4th line centres.

Wingers are more hit and miss, but more or less, I'd say our top 9 looks fine and the same with the Sharks.

It's when we get to the defense and goaltending, that I think the Canucks have a good edge. Depending on whether or not the Sharks play Burns as a D or Forward, the Canuck's top 4 is a better group with far more offense.

In net, I think Schneider and Luongo are both better goalies than Niemi, but a lot of that also depends on who's going hot at the time.

Overall, I think both teams are fairly evenly matched, but the Canucks should be able to get a lot more offense from their D, which might ultimately seal the series.

Red_Man

I'd take Anderson or Niemi over Price in a heartbeat.
1337591865472.gif

These playoffs will give Schneider some more exposure and boost (hopefully) his resume, but next season will determine whether or not he deserves to be considered 'elite' as he'll play 60+ games for the first time.
If Schneider continues his play next season, I would slot him into the top 5 goalies.

CCF23

Some side by side comparison notes for the Sharks/Canucks series.

On offense, we should more or less be evenly matched.

The Canucks should be icing the following:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

While the Shark should be icing something like:

Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Torres - Pavelski - Wingels
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish

We're evenly matched up on centers, with three legitimate top-six centers apiece. While Lapierre and Gomez should be evenly matched as 4th line centres.

Wingers are more hit and miss, but more or less, I'd say our top 9 looks fine and the same with the Sharks.

It's when we get to the defense and goaltending, that I think the Canucks have a good edge. Depending on whether or not the Sharks play Burns as a D or Forward, the Canuck's top 4 is a better group with far more offense.

In net, I think Schneider and Luongo are both better goalies than Niemi, but a lot of that also depends on who's going hot at the time.

Overall, I think both teams are fairly evenly matched, but the Canucks should be able to get a lot more offense from their D, which might ultimately seal the series.

This is essentially how I see it too.

This is essentially how I see it too.
Take Burns out of the D and Sharks have just one real puck-mover in Dan Boyle. That'll severely affect their powerplay and 5on5 offense. Canucks have all 4 guys in their top 4 who can put up points and goals from the back-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom