• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
1337591865472.gif
Price is awful. His positioning is absolutely horrendous:

price_backwards_jan282012.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Some side by side comparison notes for the Sharks/Canucks series.

On offense, we should more or less be evenly matched.

The Canucks should be icing the following:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

While the Shark should be icing something like:

Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Torres - Pavelski - Wingels
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish

We're evenly matched up on centers, with three legitimate top-six centers apiece. While Lapierre and Gomez should be evenly matched as 4th line centres.

Wingers are more hit and miss, but more or less, I'd say our top 9 looks fine and the same with the Sharks.

It's when we get to the defense and goaltending, that I think the Canucks have a good edge. Depending on whether or not the Sharks play Burns as a D or Forward, the Canuck's top 4 is a better group with far more offense.

In net, I think Schneider and Luongo are both better goalies than Niemi, but a lot of that also depends on who's going hot at the time.

Overall, I think both teams are fairly evenly matched, but the Canucks should be able to get a lot more offense from their D, which might ultimately seal the series.
I'll agree with pretty much all of this. I don't think the Canucks have any edge in goaltending really especially considering the year he's having. Nemo is better than he is given credit for.

I do agree that the defenses could be the real difference makers here. We need Demers back bad. Without him we only have a couple puck movers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This season I would take Niemi over Price every single time.
I still would take Price, but I could understand taking Niemi just for these playoffs, but I'm talking about choosing a goalie moving forward past these playoffs as well. No one takes Anderson or Niemi or Price. No one in their right mind anyways.

I still would take Price, but I could understand taking Niemi just for these playoffs, but I'm talking about choosing a goalie moving forward past these playoffs as well. No one takes Anderson or Niemi or Price. No one in their right mind anyways.

Long Term I'll give you Price>Niemi but Anderson easily ranks alongside Price in terms of franchise goalie potential.

Solo

Anderson has been better than Price the last 2 seasons. Price has been better over his whole career though.

Price could very well be the deciding factor one way or another in this series.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson is awesome.

I'm not sure how much longer he can keep up his recent play though. Price still hasn't hit his peak imo.

Anderson was solid in his one full season with the Avalanche considering the team he had in front of him.

I wouldn't begrudge a goalie for doing worse playing for the Avs or Panthers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anderson was solid in his one full season with the Avalanche considering the team he had in front of him.

I wouldn't begrudge a goalie for doing worse playing for the Avs or Panthers.
But you're going to use a comparison of Anderon's play to Price's last season when Price played in front of the 3rd worst team in the league that had a pairing of Kaberle and Campoli? Please. I love how Price has some terrible games in the Habs only slump of the season and all of a sudden he's gone from top 5 to top 30 goalie. Not to mention Price is only 25 while Anderson is 31, what a joke.

But you're going to use a comparison of Anderon's play to Price's last season when Price played in front of the 3rd worst team in the league that had a pairing of Kaberle and Campoli? Please. I love how Price has some terrible games in the Habs only slump of the season and all of a sudden he's gone from top 5 to top 30 goalie. Not to mention Price is only 25 while Anderson is 31, what a joke.

Price didn't play terribly though. When did I say that?

His GAA actually wen't up this year.

Hey I'll take Lehner over Price anyday for long-term potential.

Goalies can perform to their late 30s, it's not like Anderson is some old man here. 31 is perfectly fine for a goalie.

He's played very well this year(no idea why we're talking long-term potential instead one playoff series anyway) He was pretty good last year and matched Lundqvist in the playoffs very well. He was good for Colorado too.

He has also posted a .933 SV in the past 2 playoff series he was in for 2 different teams. Pretty safe to say he brings his A-game to the post-season.

Penguins in 4
Leafs in 6
Rangers in 7
Habs in 6

Blackhawks in 5
Red Wings in 7
Canucks in 5
Kings in 4

Rangers in 7
Leafs in 5

Blackhawks in 5
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 7
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 6

The Maple Leafs bring the cup back to Toronto in 2013.

:lol :lol :lol

Friendly reminder that the Red Wings were 1 game loss away from not making the playoffs and the Ducks have had their playoff spot clinched for weeks before.

The Habs ballwashing I can understand. The Red Wings picking in the media and in here is some eyeroll inducing shit.

Ok thanks bye

Socreges

Banned
Friendly reminder that the Red Wings were 1 game loss away from not making the playoffs and the Ducks have had their playoff spot clinched for weeks before.

The Habs ballwashing I can understand. The Red Wings picking in the media and in here is some eyeroll inducing shit.

Ok thanks bye
Don't forget Tabris picked the Wings.

And we all know how much his predictions are worth.

iM9OsMRzZV8J9.gif

Penguins in 4
Leafs in 6
Rangers in 7
Habs in 6

Blackhawks in 5
Red Wings in 7
Canucks in 5
Kings in 4

Rangers in 7
Leafs in 5

Blackhawks in 5of thi
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 7
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 6

271.gif

Much better use of this gif.

Oh, for those who chose the Sens over the Habs, be aware of this stat :

In his 11 last games vs OTT, Carey Price's record is:
8-0-3, .952, 1.49.
His last regulation loss was on November 6th 2010.

Ok thanks bye

3c5KB8c.gif

HdlaCC8.gif

cp2BpFH.gif

cube444

Penguins in 4
Leafs in 6
Rangers in 7
Habs in 6

Blackhawks in 5
Red Wings in 7
Canucks in 5
Kings in 4

Rangers in 7
Leafs in 5

Blackhawks in 5
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 7
Canucks in 7

Leafs in 6

*shrugs*

Another alt.

Ok thanks bye

Considering they are playing probably their best hockey of the year right now in these last 4 games, it really isn't.

Oh, for those who chose the Sens over the Habs, be aware of this stat :

In his 11 last games vs OTT, Carey Price's record is:
8-0-3, .952, 1.49.
His last regulation loss was on November 6th 2010.

Which means what exactly ? That was all in the regular season, playoffs are a different beast altogether and it's a different roster he will be facing on Thursday.

Unless you believe Price has superpowers which only activate against the Sens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a bracket of what the playoffs in the East would look like under realignment if everybody finished up with the same point totals.

The Red Wings would be in ahead of the Islanders, and...the Rangers would face the Capitals. What the fuck. Is it really impossible for us to go to the playoffs at this point without playing the Caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom