• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merguson

Banned
Just saw a bracket of what the playoffs in the East would look like under realignment if everybody finished up with the same point totals.

The Red Wings would be in ahead of the Islanders, and...the Rangers would face the Capitals. What the fuck. Is it really impossible for us to go to the playoffs at this point without playing the Caps?

It's Destiny.

3c5KB8c.gif

HdlaCC8.gif

cp2BpFH.gif

Pressure on the Ducks: Bruce Boudreau is going to want to destroy the stigma about him not being a playoff performer fucking BADLY.

Pressure on the Red Wings: ... Kronwall to be the cornerstone of their defense :lol

Considering they are playing probably their best hockey of the year right now in these last 4 games, it really isn't.

Small sample size, and who were your opponents?

Momentum is momentum though. Our last game was a loss with an AHL lineup. Before that was just the Canucks and the Oilers twice.

Pressure on the Ducks: Bruce Boudreau is going to want to destroy the stigma about him not being a playoff performer fucking BADLY.

Pressure on the Red Wings: ... Kronwall to be the cornerstone of their defense :lol

Small sample size, and who were your opponents?

Momentum is momentum though. Our last game was a loss with an AHL lineup. Before that was just the Canucks and the Oilers twice.

Detroit did win the season series also, something else to keep in mind. I do think this is going to be a long series as long as Detroit shows up to play like they have proven over the last week.

bardia

Looks like Canucks are calling up a bunch of their prospects to come over for the playoffs. From what I've seen, it seems that so far it's Jensen, Archibald, and Lain coming over.

Razorskin

----- ------
Looks like Canucks are calling up a bunch of their prospects to come over for the playoffs. From what I've seen, it seems that so far it's Jensen, Archibald, and Lain coming over.

This is very common when a team's AHL affiliate is eliminated.

Alucard

Banned
Montreal's got it in 'em to get out of the first round. Question is, which Price will show up? The guy is quickly going to build a worse reputation than Fleury in the playoffs if he doesn't start stepping up. Well...minus the Stanley Cup victory.

Vman

Under 24 hours until the Hawks get their teeth kicked in

I think Kane said it best and i think the great Wild show up

“When they play like they want to, they can score four or five goals a night and keep it out of their net with maybe one of the best defensemen in the league [in Suter]. It’s a dangerous team. You definitely have to be careful with them. They’re a team that I’ve watched throughout the year and it seems like one night they look like the best team in the NHL and the next night they look like they don’t even want to be out there."

“When they play like they want to, they can score four or five goals a night and keep it out of their net with maybe one of the best defensemen in the league [in Suter]. It’s a dangerous team. You definitely have to be careful with them. They’re a team that I’ve watched throughout the year and it seems like one night they look like the best team in the NHL and the next night they look like they don’t even want to be out there."

Revenant

oRkSRam.gif

Vman

Shit talking aside, i listened to all three podcasts and everyone on has done a great job. Hope it happens frequently!

D2P8P.gif

RC

Banned
Another great podcast gentlemen. And I forget who said it, but that line about Minny being some sort of fantasy team made by a hockey hipster had me in stitches.

Razorskin

----- ------

If anything, Kane's going to beat the Wild like a cab driver in Buffalo.

Vman

I don't know guys, i think a lot of people are looking past us just because we had a rough last two weeks. This team was once top of the NW and we have some of the best forward depth in the League. On the podcast someone said that the Wild seemed like a team that was just thrown together, they are anything but. This team is very close and has superb chemistry. I think a big upset is going to happen. Only time will tell.

Revenant

I don't know guys, i think a lot of people are looking past us just because we had a rough last two weeks. This team was once top of the NW and we have some of the best forward depth in the League. On the podcast someone said that the Wild seemed like a team that was just thrown together, they are anything but. This team is very close and has superb chemistry. I think a big upset is going to happen. Only time will tell.

Wild fan picking the Wild? I need to sit down after that revelation.

laughing-puppets-o.gif

calder

I'm picking the Hawks to win but I think the games will be very close. The Wild scare me a lot in the future, you get the feeling they are close to getting the pieces in place to become a truly elite team like many had predicted for this season.

Holiday

Banned
The Wild deserve to get swept, just because of how ugly their jerseys are. It's like their designers accidentally bought the crappy 'bold' Crayola markers instead of the regular ones.

RC

Banned

What league are you talking about? Sure as hell ain't the National Hockey League.

Vman

What league are you talking about? Sure as hell ain't the National Hockey League.

Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu-Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker-Matt Cullen-Devin Setoguchi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard-Kyle Brodziak-Jason Pominville
Mike Rupp-Torrey Mitchell-Cal Clutterbuck

Are you telling me this is not a good forward lineup?

Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu-Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker-Matt Cullen-Devin Setoguchi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard-Kyle Brodziak-Jason Pominville
Mike Rupp-Torrey Mitchell-Cal Clutterbuck

Are you telling me this is not a good forward lineup?

(Hint)

Look at the team that's going to manhandle you.

Vman

Why is Pominville playing on the third line.

Because that's where he slots in best. He has 9 points in 10 games on it. Coyle is too good to move of the first and our second has fantastic chemistry so we dont want to break it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom