• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't like when people use "salt" in this thread (and I haven't) because it makes for retarded non-arguments and tired, tired jokes, but hey, I know you're not very good at writing sentences, so it's alright. :)

Cry more Thierrien.

I am about to go to sleep, I dont want to spend the next 30 minutes trying to make a baby stop crying.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oops, I didn't watch the game. :\

Reason : My butt was too hurt. I don't believe the Habs will win this series, but it still hurts getting humiliated like that. And not only by McLean's pee-wee coaching move either.

Habs are supposed to be the good guys. It all went out the window tonight. Therrien likes to talk about respect, honor, tradition, etc., like his team isn't made up of a bunch of fucking mercenaries who don't give a shit about this team and who he is unable to control. And then add to this a general manager who talks like a wrestler. Tonight's results are not surprising. This team is acting unprofessionally. Only cool-headed teams win the cup, Boston was a fluke.

After Prust's and Therrien's comments and the shit the Habs tried to pull tonight you didn't deserve anything than an old-school trolling at the end of the game and the post-game press conference.

Wait, Prust's "bug-eyed fat walrus" thing wasn't really respectful, but what's the deal about Therrien? What he said was pretty much dead-on.

Nobody humiliated the Canadiens more than the Montreal Canadiens did tonight.

Yeah.

And what are you answering to exactly? I actually said that in my earlier post.

Habs are supposed to be the good guys. It all went out the window tonight. Therrien likes to talk about respect, honor, tradition, etc., like his team isn't made up of a bunch of fucking mercenaries who don't give a shit about this team and who he is unable to control. And then add to this a general manager who talks like a wrestler. Tonight's results are not surprising. This team is acting unprofessionally. Only cool-headed teams win the cup, Boston was a fluke.
"Talks like a wrestler"? What the hell are you talking about? The man is French Canadian, he's got an accent.

Wait, Prust's "bug-eyed fat walrus" thing wasn't really respectful, but what's the deal about Therrien? What he said was pretty much dead-on.

Listen to MacLean's comments. I very much agree with him after the shit the Habs pulled tonight.

Therrien's crying and whining in his post game is a bit much.

Cake Boss

Banned
It would be awesome if we actually understood anything they're saying.

Poor Ottawa fans, they really don't know shit about being a great fanbase. LOL

i9CDeOsUCsnB6.gif

They are singing the guy that single handedly fucked your team tonight, the guy the Habs wanted to draft but the Sens stole him, and they are doing it by mocking your dumbass ole ole chant.

God damn Habs Age got another Tabris in their roster.

Soooo stupid.

Yes the timeout at the end of the game was disrespectful. So what ? it was intentional, Therrien and the Habs deserved none that night.

Maybe this will fire up the Habs for Game 4, maybe it won't. How they respond will be a turning point in this series. My impression is that after Game 2, Montreal thought they have the series in the bag.

Ball's in your court as they say.

Socreges

Banned
Really glad I haven't been watching these games on my own. This team has been so incredibly disappointing. Probably would have just shut the TV off and walked away. I knew that the series was over after the last game, but I still expected more battle.

Honestly this feels kinda like redemption for Lu, ive been a bobby lu fan for a while too, always thought it was ridiculous that canucks fans piled on him how they did. Its ridiculous I know, but being a fan of a team that misses the playoffs regularly gives me a lot of time to watch other teams and be a player fan too. If your boys are playing the flames fuck them in the face though, im not a fair weather fan by any means, ive got my integrity and shit to maintain.
How was this?

Terrordactyl said:
Back to lu..its been super shitty the way the canucks have strung along the goalie situation all year, I understand they want a good deal on lu, but seriously pick one and commit, just glad to see luongo looks like the number one still.
He's not the #1. Schneider just came back from injury (which we still don't know the nature of) and struggled. Luongo has been excellent. But that doesn't change what's been happening over the last two years.

Thankfully Luongo's strong play can only make him easier to deal in the offseason. < impossible.

Listen to MacLean's comments. I very much agree with him after the shit the Habs pulled tonight.

Therrien's crying and whining in his post game is a bit much.
He didn't actually cry. He did whine a bit, but that was about the timeout, and it was evidently to dodge questions about the shitty performance his players handed out tonight. He said the timeout was classless (and it was), but it truly was about dodging the classless way our players played tonight.

Trust me, this team had a speech tonight with more obscenities in it than you've ever heard in your life. Therrien is a fucking crazy man, and he won't like what he's seen (fighting between Subban and Pacioretty, stupid fights that they couldn't win and started anyways because they were butthurt).

And if you actually believe the reasons McLean gave after the fact? Well you're a pretty fucking naive person.

Socreges

Banned
AV sounds depressed, good. Go fuck yourself.
Not interested in seeing the post-game tonight, but I'd kind of like to see this. AV is gone. No question. And he must realize that. He's a great coach, but this team definitely needs a new dynamic at a minimum.

Trust me, this team had a speech tonight with more obscenities in it than you've ever heard in your life. Therrien is a fucking crazy man, and he won't like what he's seen (fighting between Subban and Pacioretty, stupid fights that they couldn't win and started anyways because they were butthurt).

And if you actually believe the reasons McLean gave after the fact? Well you're a pretty fucking naive person.

What was that about ? You should be screaming at our bench if anything not your own.

MacLean is playing the usual mindgames you see in tight, emotional playoff series. Although you can kind of make an argument to protect and rest players considering how little we had on the bench.

They are singing the guy that single handedly fucked your team tonight, the guy the Habs wanted to draft but the Sens stole him, and they are doing it by mocking your dumbass ole ole chant.

God damn Habs Age got another Tabris in their roster.

Soooo stupid.
4th round pick Pageau? LAWL

Really glad I haven't been watching these games on my own. This team has been so incredibly disappointing. Probably would have just shut the TV off and walked away. I knew that the series was over after the last game, but I still expected more battle.

How was this?

He's not the #1. Schneider just came back from injury (which we still don't know the nature of) and struggled. Luongo has been excellent. But that doesn't change what's been happening over the last two years.

Thankfully Luongo's strong play can only make him easier to deal in the offseason. < impossible.

How was it unfair? Not sure of the question so ill hold off on responding.

Luongo was never impossible to deal, the Canucks wanted more for him than they even valued him, no fucking wonder a deal never happened.

It can't just be firing AV. It'll help, but if this is the best effort the team puts forward, it's not enough. A new coach won't change that.

What was that about ? You should be screaming at our bench if anything not your own.
Pacioretty has been playing like a fucking dumbass this year (even if he finished first in scoring), he's no longer being a power forward and crashing the net, he thinks he's smarter than that now (even said so to the media).

But on a specific occasion tonight, he was afraid to enter the Senators zone and passed the puck right back to Subban in a fucking suicidal way. Subban ended up being hit in the head, from behind by a Sens defenseman. Evidently, after what happened to Eller, Subban gave him a nasty, well deserved speech.

You can hate on Subban all you want, but he's far from what's wrong on the Habs roster right now.

Go cry more into your Therrien love pillow. The salt in your tears will sustain him.
Truly the sense of humor in Ottawa is incredibly evolved. Probably normal considering your idea of a fun place is a bar that closes at 10pm.

Whether it was the real reason or not, I endorse both trolling and/or protecting players. Montreal was playing a dangerous game in the third.

It's one thing to try to send a message by playing your ass off after getting beat, it's another to goon it up and try to injure your opponent. Headshots, lumberjack swings, GSP ground n' pounds and even slapping the puck at an opposing player at the end of the game. If you wanna talk about disrespect, how about you look at your own team first.

And I'll just leave this in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jdaeSLGag

Some great fans.

Smash88

Banned
Damn the Canucks had a Leafs-style meltdown. Start out decent/great, and then gone for the rest of the game.

What is wrong with the Canucks? They have a top goaltender (Luongo), they have great offense and pretty decent/good defense. Why do they always falter in the post-season?

Oh and that cheap shot to the head by Sedin, that was just down right fucking disgusting. I hope he gets a well-deserved suspension for that.

Sibylus

Banned
I don't know if "blow the team up" quite conveys my feelings at the moment.

Consecrate the new team in the old team's blood? Yeah, that'll do it.

Acid08

Banned
I don't know if "blow the team up" quite conveys my feelings at the moment.

Consecrate the new team in the old team's blood? Yeah, that'll do it.

Kind of like what we did this year I guess. Although maybe the Canucks want to get rid of more than three players.

Cake Boss

Banned
It doesn't say shit about shit. The only thing it says is that Ottawa never "stole" him from Montreal. We had 4 other rounds to pick the dude. That's all I'm saying.

Try again chump.

Le Canadien avait trois choix de quatrième ronde en 2011, après avoir échangé son choix de troisième ronde aux Jets en retour de deux choix au tour suivant.
Sauf que du côté des Sénateurs, on n&#8217;a pas pris de chances et au 96e rang, ils ont repêché JG Pageau, au grand désarroi des dépisteurs à la table du Canadien. Montréal possédait le choix suivant et s&#8217;est finalement retourné vers le défenseur Joshia Didier qui évolue présentement à l&#8217;Université de Denver.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/158191/public

Ok seriously I am gone now :)

Holiday

Banned
I think the biggest problem with the Canucks is that they aren't scoring more goals than their opposition but that's just one guys opinion.

I heard one analyst say that their number has to be higher than the other team's number at the end of the game, otherwise they lose. I'm not sure if I'm buying it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom