• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't lump all French Canadians in the same boat. There is plenty of proper French being spoken in Canada. Not everyone speaks joual.
And even if they did speak joual, most of the official english speakers on this continent don't know how to spell it, let alone speak it correctly. My ESL is better than most guys on the gaming side (although that might not be saying much).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"- Middle School Motivational Poster.

That's not true. There's a ton of stupid questions. University will teach you that.

Also, after the shot from the Habs bench, here's the shot of the Sens bench. They clearly all hate each other or simply enjoy all the space, but look at how far away from each other they're all sitting :lol

qhZLeBT.jpg

French, motherfucker, you actually don't speak it. This is not what the article says at all. It says Montreal traded away a 3rd round pick for 2 4th round picks the same year in the hopes that Pageau would still be there in the next round. Ottawa picked him up in the 4th round just before the Habs could speak.

And that, my friend, proves that if the Habs truly dearly wanted good ol' 3rd liner Pageau, they would have picked him in the 3rd round without taking chances.

Thanks for trying, though, it proves once again that truly bilingual people don't really exist in Canada outside Quebec. Wink wink <3

Lol, even that google translate from that Chicago fan is better.

And this sentence doesn't make any sense.

Really? Put it in Google Translate and see how that comes out for you, you fucking twat. You're not special and you're not the only one who knows more than one language.

calder

Also, after the shot from the Habs bench, here's the shot of the Sens bench. They clearly all hate each other or simply enjoy all the space, but look at how far away from each other they're all sitting :lol

I'd think it would be nice to just stretch out when the rare opportunity presents. Like when my wife visits her family and I spend a week laying diagonally across the bed hogging all the pillows, it's fucking luxuriant.

I bet Alfie kept theatrically stretching his arms out to his sides just because he could.

I remember when he'd bring his separatist garbage into these threads. The post above is a nice reminder of how charming he once was.

I love how he insinuates the ugly-ass Quebecois accent that they put on French is more elegant too. It's disgusting and a disgrace to the french language.

Marvie_3

Banned
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/bugs-bunny-remove-FL.gif[img][/QUOTE]
He needs to cut off the rest of those worthless states in that gif too.

Skipping around to parts of the podcast recording right now. What a mess. :lol

Really? Put it in Google Translate and see how that comes out for you, you fucking twat. You're not special and you're not the only one who knows more than one language.
Hey, sorry dude, I really thought you used Google Translate. Good on you if you know some French.
I remember when he'd bring his separatist garbage into these threads. The post above is a nice reminder of how charming he once was.
Blah, blah, blah. BC guy hits separatist nail again. Next!
Quebec and the southern US should be secede and create some new country of nothing but shit.
Teehee. I love Quebec and I also love Chicago. I went there, made a lot of friends. It's a wonderful city. <3
I love how he insinuates the ugly-ass Quebecois accent that they put on French is more elegant too. It's disgusting and a disgrace to the french language.
"We put" an accent? You truly have a great understanding of the world. And by the way, my very smart educated friend, I'd like to know how I insinuated something about accents, because I never mentioned any accent in what I said. And I gave an example that mentioned vocabulary, not an accent.

So I don't know where you're coming from with this, but maybe you should meet someone. And I believe if you said a generic hateful comment like this about 'black people speaking in shitty ebonics' or 'that retarded accent from Texas', you'd probably get banned, and rightfully so. I don't think there should be room for this kind of bullshit around here about any country, any ethnicity or any culture. But hey, that's just me.

Teehee, if you actually knew French history, you'd know Canadian French (or Quebecois French, to be clear) is actually closer to old French than the French used in France, and that they use way more anglicisms in France than we do in Quebec.

True story!

For instance, we have a word for shopping and, well, they just use 'shopping'. With a retarded French accent added on top.

And I believe the english word you were looking for was dialect, not dialogue. But hey, I won't give you english classes.

Don't lump all French Canadians in the same boat. There is plenty of proper French being spoken in Canada. Not everyone speaks joual.

And even if they did speak joual, most of the official english speakers on this continent don't know how to spell it, let alone speak it correctly. My ESL is better than most guys on the gaming side (although that might not be saying much).

I think you guys missed the part where the goddamn Australian is talking down to Canada about it's usage of their own native language.

You're meant to be telling me to shut up instead of participating in healthy discussion.

And no, I meant "dialogue". You can't have a faux mess of dialect. Dialect refers to a style of language, whereas Dialogue is actual words being used.

Quick

Banned
I think you guys missed the part where the goddamn Australian is talking down to Canada about it's usage of their own native language.

You're meant to be telling me to shut up instead of participating in healthy discussion.

And no, I meant "dialogue". You can't have a faux mess of dialect. Dialect refers to a style of language, whereas Dialogue is actual words being used.

Steak on the Barbie

Blokes, Sheilas.

Didgeridoo

Acid08

Banned

I ate at an Outback Steakhouse today. It felt like I was really there ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom