• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

tabris how could such a nice guy do that to logan couture? :(

I know you're mocking me, but I don't know. I was disappointed with that action.

I don't think you'll see it again in another game. I'm hoping he apologizes but he most likely needs to stay quiet for the whole discipline situation.

Revenant

I know you're mocking me, but I don't know. I was disappointed with that action.

I don't think you'll see it again in another game. I'm hoping he apologizes but he most likely needs to stay quiet for the whole discipline situation.

i did see it again though when he came in with an elbow up on someone later :(

SummitAve

Banned
Once again, with the mocking sad face. I said in another game. Heat of the game clouded his judgement.

You won't see it in another game because he will probably be suspended....and it is incredibly ironic using a Dostoevsky quote as grounds for optimism. Your team is done.

For those wondering what Cake Boss posted, my french is by no means at a native level, but this was my understanding.

The Candiens had 3 fourth-round picks in 2011, having traded their first round pick to the Jets in return for two picks in the second round. Unlike the Senators, they did not take a chance and with the 96th pick, picked JG Pageu to the disapointment of scouts at the Canadiens' table. Montreal had the remaining choices and eventually picked the defenseman Didier Joshia who currently plays at the University of Denver.

Bolded sentence was rough. Might have fucked it up a bit. Not sure.

Tabris

Yeah, Duncan Keith is a scumbag. You cannot actually defend that guy, same way I cannot defend Henrik's actions here. Difference is Duncan Keith has done it multiple times, to multiple people (Daniel Sedin twice, Matt Cooke for example).

French motherfucker, do you speak it?

It outlines how the Habs screwed themselves out of Pageau by throwing away their third round pick towards a second the next year, thus allowing Ottawa to take him in the fourth

lol how silly, bygones and what not..of all the things to takeaway from that shitty shitty showing on the habs behalf too..

Tabris

You won't see it in another game because he will probably be suspended....and it is incredibly ironic using a Dostoevsky quote as grounds for optimism. Your team is done.

Your team is done.

Also he won't be suspended. First time, with an impeccable history.

Revenant

Yeah, Duncan Keith is a scumbag. You cannot actually defend that guy, same way I cannot defend Henrik's actions here. Difference is Duncan Keith has done it multiple times, to multiple people (Daniel Sedin twice, Matt Cooke for example).

henrik sedin with two in one game, so if keith is at 3 and is titled scumbag what is Henrik titled at 2.

sore loser cuntbag sounds pretty good....

How does it feel to lump Sedin in with Matt Cooke with people who Duncan Keith thought deserved to get an elbow to the head?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Did you just try to prove a point about quotations being shit by using a quotation?

Not to mention Oscar Wilde?

You, I like you.

Smiley90

Also, Smelly likes everyone besides Tabris. You're now up to speed. Congratulations.

I also don't like Ann Coulter. So there's that.

Oddly enough, that's also about where Tabris is at in terms of crazyness. I feel like I'm onto something here.

French motherfucker, do you speak it?

It outlines how the Habs screwed themselves out of Pageau by throwing away their third round pick towards a second the next year, thus allowing Ottawa to take him in the fourth

French, motherfucker, you actually don't speak it. This is not what the article says at all. It says Montreal traded away a 3rd round pick for 2 4th round picks the same year in the hopes that Pageau would still be there in the next round. Ottawa picked him up in the 4th round just before the Habs could speak.

And that, my friend, proves that if the Habs truly dearly wanted good ol' 3rd liner Pageau, they would have picked him in the 3rd round without taking chances.

Thanks for trying, though, it proves once again that truly bilingual people don't really exist in Canada outside Quebec. Wink wink <3

Lol, even that google translate from that Chicago fan is better.
Just providing a shitty translation pour ce qui ne lire pas la belle langue.
And this sentence doesn't make any sense.

Socreges

Banned
How was it unfair? Not sure of the question so ill hold off on responding.
Some Canucks fans argued that Luongo was overrated (minority) while others thought he was amazing. You always had the same debate in the national media and among players/analysts. I think he was actually voted the most overrated player at one point when NHL players were polled.

The moment he was trade bait, though, and in a way unattached to the Canucks, he was no longer a target of hate and this revisionist history began where it was only ever Canucks fans (generalized) that dogged him while everyone else had revered him as this precious flower that had been mistreated by the fans and organization alike.

Terrordactyl said:
Luongo was never impossible to deal, the Canucks wanted more for him than they even valued him, no fucking wonder a deal never happened.
You misunderstand. How was I suggesting that Luongo was ever impossible to deal? My point was that he'll be easier to deal (because he has been so great in these few games, which invariably ups his value, if only a little), but it's still not going to get us much (ie, greater than impossible - still hard to get much back).

Kind of curious as to how bad I butchered that sentence, actually. Mind to correct me, Equipped? :p

Well you fucked up the round numbers Montreal traded with. And what it boiled down to was the picks (and I also missed this part) got off the Jets for the third we're after Ottawa's pick.

In the bolded sentence you conflate the team that didn't take a chance (MTL) and the team that picked Pageau (OTT). The article actually said that the Senators were not taking chances, which has a different colloquial meaning in either language.

French, motherfucker, you actually don't speak it. This is not what the article says at all. It says Montreal traded away a 3rd round pick for 2 4th round picks the same year in the hopes that Pageau would still be there in the next round. Ottawa picked him up in the 4th round just before the Habs could speak.

And that, my friend, proves that if the Habs truly dearly wanted good ol' 3rd liner Pageau, they would have picked him in the 3rd round without taking chances.

Thanks for trying, though, it proves once again that truly bilingual people don't really exist in Canada outside Quebec. Wink wink <3

Lol, even that google translate from that Chicago fan is better.

And this sentence doesn't make any sense.

Don't blame me for the clusterfuck that is French grammar.

I'm still waiting for my settlement cheque for wading through fourteen years of it.

Guys can we please stop pretending that Canadian French is actual French and not some butchered up dirty crude mess of faux dialogue.
Teehee, if you actually knew French history, you'd know Canadian French (or Quebecois French, to be clear) is actually closer to old French than the French used in France, and that they use way more anglicisms in France than we do in Quebec.

True story!

For instance, we have a word for shopping and, well, they just use 'shopping'. With a retarded French accent added on top.

And I believe the english word you were looking for was dialect, not dialogue. But hey, I won't give you english classes.

Socreges

Banned
How does it feel to lump Sedin in with Matt Cooke with people who Duncan Keith thought deserved to get an elbow to the head?
The arguments you guys come up with to defend Keith are always fresh. That's for sure. Never Been Seen Before type stuff.

Henrik isn't quite on his level yet, but he made a big leap in that direction tonight. Besides, I've always said that he's the evil one. Daniel's the shit.

Smiley90

I'm re-watching the 3rd period, and DAMN Bouillion (?) got absolutely destroyed during his fight, wow.

"blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch blah bitch bitch bitch" - habs fans
"bitch bitch bitch blah blah bitch blah blah bitch" - sens fans

"salty salts up in here" - everyone else

"stop using salt it's overused" - oilers fans

The arguments you guys come up with to defend Keith are always fresh. That's for sure. Never Been Seen Before type stuff.

Henrik isn't quite on his level yet, but he made a big leap in that direction tonight. Besides, I've always said that he's the evil one. Daniel's the shit.

Not defending anyone. I'm not concerned about sucking off my team's star players all the time like fans of other teams on this board

Acid08

Banned
Teehee, if you actually knew French history, you'd know Canadian French (or Quebecois French, to be clear) is actually closer to old French than the French used in France, and that they use way more anglicisms in France than we do in Quebec.

True story!
Pomplamoose is a funny word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom