• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a really good thing I've been working for 12 straight because otherwise I would be cakebossed out of my fucking mind right now. It's incredibly humbling to watch your team fold up like this, I wish I had salt to toss but there is nothing.

Marvie_3

Banned
It is a really good thing I've been working for 12 straight because otherwise I would be cakebossed out of my fucking mind right now. It's incredibly humbling to watch your team fold up like this, I wish I had salt to toss but there is nothing.

iJdd7lEsM44dE.gif

gaming_noob

A 6'2 213 lb player elbowing a 5'8 player whose 45 lbs less...

Why did the refs have to stop the Conacher/Gallager fight? Would have loved to have see Conacher finish him.

Didn't follow the Habs/Sens game too closely. Why were Prust/Bourque/Gallagher going after Conacher? Turris, too.

Habs are known to go after smaller players who don't fight.

Solo

McKenzie feels discipline will be handed out for Bourque and Prust, probably none for Subban/White/Gallagher.
Habs are known to go after smaller players who don't fight.

Where do you come up with this bullshit? Habs aren't "known" as anything when it comes to fighting or gooning. That's not our team or our style, which is why we're so terrible at it.

gaming_noob

Where do you come up with this bullshit? Habs aren't "known" as anything when it comes to fighting or gooning. That's not our team or our style, which is why we're so terrible at it.

They couldn't find anyone else smaller to pick on until Conacher. Now they're known for that...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think I was the only one who predicted a Shorks sweep.

That was only jokes and in retaliation for all the Canucks garbage, but it may turn out to be true now?

Come on Canucks, make a series out of it. The Hawks got it into game 7 double OT so anything is possible. Just may not want Schneider in net...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What a great day of hockey.

But now we begin the wait for the first Leafs home playoff game in one million years!

Solo

What does insanity look like?

This:

1st Period

03:24 OTT Jared Cowen : Roughing (Brendan Gallagher)
04:07 MTL Max Pacioretty : Slashing (Jakob Silfverberg)
05:39 MTL Josh Gorges : Hooking (Mika Zibanejad)
11:31 OTT Erik Condra : Tripping (Colby Armstrong)
12:04 MTL P.K. Subban : Roughing (Marc Methot)
12:04 OTT Marc Methot : Roughing (P.K. Subban)
12:04 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing (Chris Phillips)
12:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Roughing (Brendan Gallagher)
14:10 OTT Chris Neil : Roughing (Brendan Gallagher)
16:05 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Slashing (Andrei Markov)

2nd Period

04:40 MTL P.K. Subban : Hi-sticking (Jean-Gabriel Pageau)
10:47 OTT Jared Cowen : Slashing (Brandon Prust)
12:35 MTL P.K. Subban : Hooking (Jakob Silfverberg)

3rd Period

04:23 MTL Rene Bourque : Tripping (Sergei Gonchar)
04:23 OTT Sergei Gonchar : Tripping (Rene Bourque)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game Misconduct
07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting (maj) (Ryan White)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Slashing (Zack Smith)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting (maj) (Zack Smith)
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting (maj) (Francis Bouillon)
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting (maj) (Chris Neil)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting (maj) (Jarred Tinordi)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting (maj) (Chris Phillips)
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting (maj) (Colby Armstrong)
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting (maj) (Matt Kassian)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting (maj) (Jared Cowen)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Game Misconduct
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Game Misconduct
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct (10 min)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Game Misconduct
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Game Misconduct
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Game Misconduct
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting (maj) (Travis Moen)
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Game Misconduct
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Game Misconduct
07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Misconduct (10 min)
08:31 MTL Josh Gorges : Charging (Kyle Turris)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator - face shield (Kyle Turris)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator (Kyle Turris)
08:31 OTT Kyle Turris : Fighting (maj) (P.K. Subban)
08:31 OTT Cory Conacher : Roughing (Rene Bourque)
08:31 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing (Cory Conacher)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Fighting (maj) (Kyle Turris)
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Game Misconduct
08:43 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing (Jakob Silfverberg)
10:31 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Cross checking (Tomas Plekanec)
10:31 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Cross checking (Jean-Gabriel Pageau)
12:48 OTT Cory Conacher : Cross checking (Josh Gorges)
16:58 MTL Brandon Prust : Elbowing (Cory Conacher)
16:58 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Fighting (maj) (Cory Conacher)
16:58 OTT Cory Conacher : Fighting (maj) (Brendan Gallagher)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Cross checking (Kyle Turris)
19:42 MTL Rene Bourque : Slashing (Kyle Turris)

236 PIMs.

Solo

They are singing the guy that single handedly fucked your team tonight, the guy the Habs wanted to draft but the Sens stole him, and they are doing it by mocking your dumbass ole ole chant.

Yeah, you really "stole" that 4th rounder from us! By that logic, Habs stole PK and Gallagher from Ottawa.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not even going to bother going through the pages I missed, fuck that game last night. Thoroughly pissed off at everyone involved.

Solo

Maybe this will fire up the Habs for Game 4, maybe it won't. How they respond will be a turning point in this series. My impression is that after Game 2, Montreal thought they have the series in the bag.

Uh, what?

"Yeah boys, we won a single game, let's pop that champagne and get crunk!"

Said no one, ever.

Solo

I think you'll see zero tolerance reffing in Game 4, and a much better game for it. I'd like to see the refs throw the first 2 guys who get into it in the first period out of the game. That will send the message.

Habs need to drop the extra-curriculars. Get back to moving your feet and killing with speed.

ShaneB

Not even going to bother going through the pages I missed, fuck that game last night. Thoroughly pissed off at everyone involved.

The Habs/Sens game was a clusterfuck, that's all that needs to be said :(

Canucks... oh boy. Heads are gonna roll when this one is done.

Can't wait for the Caps game tonight. Would be nice to see the Leafs pull out another magical win as well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Therrien ripped them a new one, but I'm worried Maclean pissed him off with that timeout, and instead of telling them how stupid they are, he made it about the Sens. I trust Bergevin got involved though.

Solo

In Game 2, we were playing off adrenaline. In Game 3, it became abundantly clear just how big of a void Eller has left in our roster. Pretty much stealthily became our heart and soul player this year.

The Habs/Sens game was a clusterfuck, that's all that needs to be said :(

Canucks... oh boy. Heads are gonna roll when this one is done.

Can't wait for the Caps game tonight. Would be nice to see the Leafs pull out another magical win as well.

I think the coach is gone, I am wondering if the GM will go also. The Nucks were an aging team with a closing window and they had 1 thing they could have traded to try and improve the team and the GM couldnt get a deal done. Maybe everyone tried to lowball him but even still they would have been better off with something for Lu then nothing. Having 2 good goalies is a huge luxury and one that a team that is close cant afford. If they clearly had the best talent in the NHL then it would make sense to carry 2 good goalies in case one gets hurt.

The Sedins would look good in Detroit.

Sure, why not, we'll trade them Dan Cleary and Abby for them.

The asking price for them would be through the roof and truthfully, I would rather keep our stacked forward/defensive prospect pool.

Anyways, Ducks go up 3-1 tonight, Detroit just doesn't have any fight in them, though next season should be interesting with a full season of Nyquist, Tatar, and Deykeyser playing, and hopefully Smith has a bounce back year and we have a healthy Helm who we miss dearly right now. Maybe they'll surprise me tonight but I feeling a Ducks win today and then they will finish it off in Anaheim. So Ducks in 5!

Edit: :lol Nucks, the Cleary and Abby trade for the Sedins still stands! Also I hope the Sens win their series, that was some disgusting gooning it up by the Habs watching the highlights.

Mr.Green

In Game 2, we were playing off adrenaline. In Game 3, it became abundantly clear just how big of a void Eller has left in our roster. Pretty much stealthily became our heart and soul player this year.

That's poetic, but the way I see it they simply were getting rammed so hard they got afraid to even touch the puck after 5 minutes.

Solo

That's poetic, but the way I see it they simply were getting rammed so hard they got afraid to even touch the puck after 5 minutes.

I love AGally, but you can see that forcing him to play Eller's role in the playoffs at 19 is too much for him right now. I'm not saying Eller prevents a 6-1 loss, but I am saying he would be one of the very few guys playing the right way. He makes our team a lot better. Hope he is still the same player post injury. If he is, put a letter on his sweater next season, because he's exactly what the rest of the team should aspire to.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I love AGally, but you can see that forcing him to play Eller's role in the playoffs at 19 is too much for him right now. I'm not saying Eller prevents a 6-1 loss, but I am saying he would be one of the very few guys playing the right way. He makes our team a lot better. Hope he is still the same player post injury. If he is, put a letter on his sweater next season, because he's exactly what the rest of the team should aspire to.

Yeah I agree, not to mention the other centres have been mediocre at best, or invisible.

If I can fault Bergevin for one thing, it's not waiting until the season is completely over before extending some of these guys. I'm not against signing guys during a season, but it's not like Desharnais' value was going to go up, and I doubt there were many teams lining up to sign Bouillon. That's hingsight though, who knew Desharnais would disappear completely.

Solo

I hope to god he can move DD in the offseason, French media be damned. Roll Eller, Pleks, AGally, Dumont down the middle in 2013-2014.

ShaneB

I think the coach is gone, I am wondering if the GM will go also. The Nucks were an aging team with a closing window and they had 1 thing they could have traded to try and improve the team and the GM couldnt get a deal done. Maybe everyone tried to lowball him but even still they would have been better off with something for Lu then nothing. Having 2 good goalies is a huge luxury and one that a team that is close cant afford. If they clearly had the best talent in the NHL then it would make sense to carry 2 good goalies in case one gets hurt.

Yeah, I don't think there's any question that Vigneault and Gillis are gone. It's always the easiest way to start clearing house. You've got, from what I can tell, is a hell of a talented team that just vanished, and a GM that couldn't get the goalie deal done which was a major distraction all season. Times are a-changin in Canuckland. But hey, maybe they'll pull off a comeback! :p

Fuck work is going to suck today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So glad to see so many people around work wearing Leafs jerseys.

I was the only one brave enough to wear it the day of game 1.

I already can't wait for tonight. Unfortunately my best bud is in Florida this week but a plus is I get to spend my time watching the game with you sexy people. :)

Yeah, I don't think there's any question that Vigneault and Gillis are gone. It's always the easiest way to start clearing house. You've got, from what I can tell, is a hell of a talented team that just vanished, and a GM that couldn't get the goalie deal done which was a major distraction all season. Times are a-changin in Canuckland. But hey, maybe they'll pull off a comeback! :p

Fuck work is going to suck today.

I think what is happening with the nucks is exactly what Homer was afraid of and why he traded Carter and Ritchie. I have no idea if it will work out for them, but I am glad they did it. Nothing in sports is worse then watching the window close on a team that was close but couldnt quite get over the hump. Watching the Eagles go from SB to terrible in a few years span was awful.

Solo

I don't get that gif.....Sens and Habs both had 5 guys on the bench by the end of the game. Where are the other 4 guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom