• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

I think what is happening with the nucks is exactly what Homer was afraid of and why he traded Carter and Ritchie. I have no idea if it will work out for them, but I am glad they did it. Nothing in sports is worse then watching the window close on a team that was close but couldnt quite get over the hump. Watching the Eagles go from SB to terrible in a few years span was awful.

They need to make big decisions, otherwise they'll end up like the Flames and be a middle of the road team, with aging players and no young talent. Of course, I'm no Canucks expert, so I have no idea what they've got in the pipeline.

I don't get that gif.....Sens and Habs both had 5 guys on the bench by the end of the game. Where are the other 4 guys?

Bah, not all gifs need context, it's just funny lookin!

@FriedgeHNIC There will be no supplementary discipline/hearings resulting from MON/OTT last night.

LOL I called it. Fucking dirty, cowardly Habs can get away with anything.

At least we can rearrange their faces some more tomorrow.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What Gorges did wasn't cool, but a certain Ottawa captain did the same in the playoffs.

Also, Bourque should have got a game.

Solo

I love how we suddenly have a reputation as "being able to get away with anything" or "known for targetting small players" after one game. Fucking LOL.

And yes, please do rearrange our faces tomorrow. Not only will that hopefully draw penalties if the Habs are as reserved as I suspect MT will have them playing, but one of them might also lose a tooth!

I love how we suddenly have a reputation as "being able to get away with anything" or "known for targetting small players" after one game. Fucking LOL.

And yes, please do rearrange our faces tomorrow. Not only will that hopefully draw penalties if the Habs are as reserved as I suspect MT will have them playing, but one of them might also lose a tooth!

We rearranged your faces last night and you got more penalties too. We won't start anything but we'll certainly finish it if we have to.

You certainly have a reputation now.

Conspiracy!

I don't believe in conspiracies but when Gryba gets suspended and Bourque gets away with that you can't help but wonder wtf is going in Shanahan's office.

Cake Boss

Banned

inRNfgQdVebcL.gif

Shannahan what a joke.

Mr.Green

We rearranged your faces last night and you got more penalties too. We won't start anything but we'll certainly finish it if we have to.

If the Sens hired you overnight then I apologize in advance but if not, you're getting into comical territory with the we here tough guy. ;)

Solo

I have an idea for Game 4, Therrien. Put those three useless talent vacuums together (Patches-DD-Ryder) and make them the third line. Keeps their minutes down and keeps that awfulness contained to a single line.

Montresor

A little bit of outrage is justified but wouldn't you agree that the only person who might deserve a suspension is Bourque? He went out of his way to elbow Conacher's head. Everything else was dirty, chippy, nasty, but really just penalties during a game, not suspendable offenses. Disclaimer: I haven't seen White's slash yet.

Solo

I don't believe in conspiracies but when Gryba gets suspended and Bourque gets away with that you can't help but wonder wtf is going in Shanahan's office.

Simple: contrary to what they say they do, the NHL is punishing for the result, not the hit. Eller was badly hurt from the Gryba hit. No one got hurt last night.

NHL: hypocrites.

Consequence and not intent. Nothing new here. I'm with you though. Bourque deserved at least one game.

Every time something happens I think they finally might start penalizing intent and not just consequence to try and clean up the game ....

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
No hearing schedule after Canadiens-Senators game. NHL still reviewing the game. #RDS

I guess they are still looking at it.

Solo

Every time something happens I think they finally might start penalizing intent and not just consequence to try and clean up the game ....

I guess they are still looking at it.

That means no fines or suspensions but both teams will be warned before Game 4 that there will be huge suspensions and fines if it happens again.

Game 4 will probably be the cleanest game so far.

Cake Boss

Banned
So what if the doctors find that Conacher has a concussion today?

Will Bourque get suspended then?

They wont start actually punishing players for intent until they get a bunch of lawsuits against them like the NFL.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So what if the doctors find that Conacher has a concussion today?

Will Bourque get suspended then?

They wont start actually punishing players for intent until they get a bunch of lawsuits against them like the NFL.

Bourque should get more than 5. I don't care if its the playoffs. He is a repeat offender. That is how many he got for doing it to Backstrom.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have an idea for Game 4, Therrien. Put those three useless talent vacuums together (Patches-DD-Ryder) and make them the third line. Keeps their minutes down and keeps that awfulness contained to a single line.

Reality, DD gets promotes to the 1st line.

TUSR

Banned
WAIT

Bourque isn't getting supplementary discipline?

Are you fucking kidding me?!

BGally, Saad and Hooberdoober named Calder finalists.

Tabris

a) Wait for the actual win 4, whichever way it goes, before reacting and telling us how you'll blow up the team. Oh, and NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR ARMCHAIR GM OPINIONS.

b) If it wasn't for the Sedins, the Canucks wouldn't be making the playoffs all of these years, or made it to the Cup final. Get some perspective. They will be appreciated by you jerk offs within time.

c) Last Canadian team recovering from blowing it up is currently #24th in the league. You talk about blowing it up, but this isn't a Bettman deal with Pittsburgh situation. We're a successful canadian team, we will get no back door benefits. This is a not making the playoffs for 3-5 years. It's not pretty. Canucks fans are as fair-weather as they get and won't make it. (AND FUCK YOU FOR THINKING I'M FAIR-WEATHER WHEN I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT SUPPORT THE NUCKS WHILE YOU JUST HAVE COMPLAINED AND WHINED AND TREATED THEM LIKE SHIT.)

Mr.Green

This sounds pretty darn good to me. Make it happen!

Sanjuro

Did the Habs play like a "fucking team of chimps" last night? Just seeing the box scores on here.

Can't imagine any series continuing like that.

Solo

GalchenSUCK doesn't even get a nomination?

Just like I said dude is a bust.

3 points behind Hooboodoo and most ES points of all rookies, all while being the youngest player in the NHL.

Total bust. Makes Kyle Chipchurra or David Fischer seem like great picks!

Did the Habs play like a "fucking team of chimps" last night? Just seeing the box scores on here.

Can't imagine any series continuing like that.

Yeah they were trying to act all tough and failed.

After Ottawa went up 4-1, they sent out Travis Moen, Ryan White, Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, and Jarred Tinordi, doesn't look like they wanted to try and score.

White gave a 2-handed slash to the legs and the brawl started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom