• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of outrage is justified but wouldn't you agree that the only person who might deserve a suspension is Bourque? He went out of his way to elbow Conacher's head. Everything else was dirty, chippy, nasty, but really just penalties during a game, not suspendable offenses. Disclaimer: I haven't seen White's slash yet.

Gallagher should have gotten an instigator for going after Conacher in the last 5 minutes of the game. This was right after Prust gave him a shot to the back of the head from behind.

That's supposed to be an automatic 1-game but I don't think they've ever enforced that rule. I think Malkin had his suspension waived one year.

Mr.Green

Blame White for starting the line brawl, not Therrien.

Yeah. White snapped and shit hit the fan.

Anybody got a gif of that slash. It was retaliation right? I'm not trying to justify it but he was slashed or cross checked just before his brain cramped once more right?

The intent / injury balance really needs to be sorted out. Absolutely fucking absurd that you let players like Brown get away with an elbow / knee attempt just because the other player mostly avoided it. This shit is embarrassing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
3 points behind Hooboodoo and most ES points of all rookies, all while being the youngest player in the NHL.

Total bust. Makes Kyle Chipchurra or David Fischer seem like great picks!

Look at all these excuses! He's a bust its time to accept it. Its not like he'll improve after this season.

I hope you know I only kid. Dude is gonna be a beast but I need to shit on him when I can until Morgan Rielly shows up

Ricker

Thank god,I thought the next Habs game was tonight,back to back like in Montreal,but they have the day off,that will help and hopefully,calm everyone down so they can forget that awful 3rd period yesterday and get back on track...I still think they will win this series.

Thank god,I thought the next Habs game was tonight,back to back like in Montreal,but they have the day off,that will help and hopefully,calm everyone down so they can forget that awful 3rd period yesterday and get back on track...I still think they will win this series.

The eventual games 6 and 7 are back to back.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
everyonefights_medium.gif

watch to Benny Hill music

Sharks Nucks wouldn't have been my guess for the only 3 - 0 series right now.

It sucks but it's basically where we need to be. Either they figure it out, win 4 straight and turn into a playoff force again, or we go home now instead of in the 2nd round against Anaheim. (Somehow) Squeaking by San Jose wouldn't really mean much.

Curufinwe

The intent / injury balance really needs to be sorted out. Absolutely fucking absurd that you let players like Brown get away with an elbow / knee attempt just because the other player mostly avoided it. This shit is embarrassing.

He should have at least got a fine.

So Nucks-GAF, how truly bleak are the Wolves as a prospect farm? Reading about the Portland Edmonton WHL series right now, Rattie is one from tying, two from breaking the all time WHL goal record. Seeing all the talent we have in the pipeline with Rattie, Jaskin, Binnington, Hakanpaa, etc. makes me very concerned with a 3 year lock to the Wolves.

Sanjuro

This weekend I did have the perfect outlook at "sports outsiders". My of my friends don't like sports, when broken down I hate one of them.

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #1 - "Oh, I really don't like sports much. My dad brought me to a ballgame a couple times when I was a kid. I saw that team in the newspaper, they must be doing good!"

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #2 - "Oh, I really don't like sports much. Who is playing? What is the situation with this game? Who are we rooting for? Why did things stop, what does that mean? People are making loud noises at the bar. Are we cheering? We are cheering! YEAAAAAAA!"

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #3 - "Oh, I really don't like sports. Yeah, I don't like sports. Oh, me? I could care less whats going on. Oh, look at the hockeyman, getting those baskets. Haha...people actually watch this? I can't believe how many televisions are in this place just for this shit!"

Mr.Green

This weekend I did have the perfect outlook at "sports outsiders". My of my friends don't like sports, when broken down I hate one of them.

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #1 - "Oh, I really don't like sports much. My dad brought me to a ballgame a couple times when I was a kid. I saw that team in the newspaper, they must be doing good!"

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #2 - "Oh, I really don't like sports much. Who is playing? What is the situation with this game? Who are we rooting for? Why did things stop, what does that mean? People are making loud noises at the bar. Are we cheering? We are cheering! YEAAAAAAA!"

I DON'T LIKE SPORTS PERSON #3 - "Oh, I really don't like sports. Yeah, I don't like sports. Oh, me? I could care less whats going on. Oh, look at the hockeyman, getting those baskets. Haha...people actually watch this? I can't believe how many televisions are in this place just for this shit!"

Number 1 and 2 are okay, but punching number 3 in the face is your duty.

Montresor

I might go to the ACC this afternoon to change the lettering on my jersey. I have a #2 Schenn and I want to change it finally.

I can't wait to hear the intensity of the crowd at the ACC later tonight! It will be the first playoff home game in 9 years.

calder

Sharks vs. Canucks in 7
- would love to be proven wrong SJ!

TRAGEDY! I completely forgot I went chalk (kinda, lol playoff seeding) in the West, I just assumed I guessed against the Canucks like I do in every round every year.

Other picks looking OK at least. Which I'm sure means the Isles will rattle off 3 straight wins.

lupinko

I might go to the ACC this afternoon to change the lettering on my jersey. I have a #2 Schenn and I want to change it finally.

I can't wait to hear the intensity of the crowd at the ACC later tonight! It will be the first playoff home game in 9 years.

I have to finally get around to putting my #93 Gilmour-A on my classic Leafs sweater.

Still debating on whether or not I should get Lupul or JVR for the RBK jersey, that or both, depending on the tuition refund or insurance claim.

Which reminds me, I should also get around to putting #27 Roenick-A on my yellow Blackhawks sweater.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marc Staal (as usual), Carl Hagelin, and Ryane Clowe are on the ice for the morning skate. Expect Clowe and Hagelin to be in tonight. I'll be surprised if Staal is in, since it sounds like the regular 6 D-men are skating with the main team as well, but the team might just be desperate enough if Marc thinks he can go.

Chris Kreider is skating with the taxi squad, so clearly Torts isn't giving him another chance to get in tonight. This seems like a bad decision given his performance in both last year's series and game 1 this year.

I'm just wondering who comes out to let Clowe back in. I'm guessing it's either Pyatt or Powe.

The Sens should have listed Conacher as day to day with an upper body injury, even if he's 100% fine.

Brought to you by the same people who didn't think this jumping headshot in a blowout was suspension worthy last year.

6a0120a6dde087970b01630439a42c970d-800wi

You clearly don't understand. He was jumping at Couturier's head to brace himself for the collision.

Fuck Neal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, apparently it's Asham that is going to sit for Clowe, and it's going to be a "game time decision" (read: "Clowe is in the lineup tonight").

If that's the case then we're probably looking at lines of:

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Zuccarello-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Brassard-Clowe
Powe-Boyle-Dorsett

More importantly, though, Clowe should be back on the PP, which could be a big help.

SpacLock

They should downgrade the Canucks to the AHL. Better yet, move them to Tucson so the Coyotes have a close team to scrimmage with. Those poor schmucks won't even take a single game.

Go Wings!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1591439/fuperry_medium.gif[IMG]

Can't help but laugh at Perry's reaction.

"What just hit me!?"[/QUOTE]

Howie was just giving him some lovin'

[quote="calder, post: 56963944"]With a side of "I can't believe he did that, I hadn't even whacked him yet!"[/QUOTE]

Sadly, probably what Perry was actually thinking. Maybe if Howard would make a few saves instead of hitting people on the head, we might not be down 2-1. Well I take that back, maybe if we didn't make stupid mistakes and came out with energy to play hockey and have some offense, then maybe we wouldn't be down 2-1.

[quote="SpacLock, post: 56964028"]They should downgrade the Canucks to the AHL. Better yet, move them to Tucson so the Coyotes have a close team to scrimmage with. Those poor schmucks won't even take a single game.

Go Wings![/QUOTE]

Eh, we'll be joining them in the offseason thread soon enough after the next two games. I actually might be able to watch this game since I have only been able to catch bits and pieces of the last 3. Well depending on how they play today, I might only catch bits and pieces of this game. :/

Solo

Look at all these excuses! He's a bust its time to accept it. Its not like he'll improve after this season.

I hope you know I only kid. Dude is gonna be a beast but I need to shit on him when I can until Morgan Rielly shows up

AGally vs Morgan Rololololly Round 1. Next season!

I think you're missing what me (and FJ previously) are trying to say, CB. No one is debating that the Habs had Pageaut on their list. We are laughing at the notion of the Sens "stealing" him because obviously the Habs didn't covet him that much or else they would have picked him in one of the other three rounds. Every team has tons of players on their lists on draft day.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs gameday!

Kave Man, who's starting in goal for the good guys?!

I'm glad you asked. Nobody has reported it yet but going with my gut here I'd think Reimer is the starter.

I have no real basis to speculate this but I just have a feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom