• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruins lines in practice:
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Daugavins-Kelly-Jagr
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Peverley, Soderberg, Pandolfo wearing green jerseys, with no missing players

Curufinwe

As a Habs fan......neither can I. One of, if not the worst trade in Habs' modern history. My god Habs management was atrocious for a decade from like 1994-2004. Soooooooooo many awful trades in that time that set our franchise back many years. Some of the teams and players we iced in that time were downright embarassing.

EDIT: 2nd worst, Roy trade is the worst in franchise history.

Trading Recchi back to Philly for Zubrus four years later was a nice bookend.

So I'm not making predictions because I feel like I haven't been engaged enough this season, but I have to say LA/StL looks to be by far the most interesting series to me. Toronto/Boston will be fun, but I expect LA/StL to get uglier. Just a gut feeling I think....

ShaneB

Playoff avatar time. Did make a request for a new one, but will stick with one from last year for now :)

*stands up to the podium*
yes this is cheesy, but I don't care.

So begins another quest for the Stanley Cup. The Greatest Trophy in all of sports. There is no replica, a new Stanley Cup is not made every single year, there is only one. It is legend, it is cherished by every single hockey fan as a piece of history. So beings the 2013 quest by 16 teams. 16 teams that fought through a terrific 48 game season that was a full on race from start to finish. 16 Teams fighting to see who gets 16 wins first. 16 wins and every single one becoming more and more important than the previous win. Everything is put on the line, this is what these players live for, and as fans, we are thankful for every minute of every shift. It is grueling, it is tough, it is a marathon like no other sport, for the greatest trophy ever.

I have no allegiance to a single team (I guess there are teams I hate though :p), but come playoff time, I always try and do my best to find allegiances to teams in series I would love to see progress and win a Stanley Cup. The Blackhawks are my Dads team, so if they win, I am happy as well. If the Wild win that series, so be it, Minnesota would welcome a winner since the days of the North Stars getting their butts kicked by the Penguins in the SCF so long ago. Anahiem or Detroit?? Ehhhh, let them beat each other up. Let’s go Canucks!! Let’s go Blues!! Let’s go Islanders, return to the glory days of when you had that dynasty. Habs/Sens, god I wish you could both advance, but I’ll be rooting for a fun series here, and whoever wins I’ll keep cheering for. Let’s go Capitals!! I guess if anything I’m a Caps fan outside of my Canadian team loyalty, (fuck the Rangers too), I would love to see Adam Oates have some playoff success behind the bench, Ovie too. Let’s go Leafs (Fuck the Bruins)!!

Come playoff time, maybe I’m just a bandwagoner, but I love hockey, I love playoff hockey, I love when every single game matters, and I love to cheer for a team that deserves to win greatest trophy in sports. It’s time to get this started!

Montresor

Bruins lines in practice:
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Daugavins-Kelly-Jagr
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Peverley, Soderberg, Pandolfo wearing green jerseys, with no missing players

Ugh, this reminds me how much more talented the Bruins are from top to bottom.

Giggzy

Is anyone else failing miserably at getting work done today? All I can think, speak, write or read about is the motherfuckin' Stanley Cup playoffs.

I'll be going to the Honda center immediately after work. Going to go check out the festivities they have planned before the game and get some alcohol into my veins.

SO PUMPED.

Sorry I was banned last week. Didn't give me a chance to eulogize the Jackets season. Guess there is no point now, but I'd at least like to say that I am very proud of the way our guys fought. I have never seen Nationwide that crazy. Gives me hope that if they put a winning product out there, Ohio will come out and REALLY support the team in a way that will make the team seem more... 'sustainable.' They do a great job of giving the fans a great experience when we come to the arena, and for the first time I feel real optimism around the franchise. Moving to the East will definitely help things a lot, as it sucks when so many of your games start at like 10 PM Eastern. I can't wait. Special thanks to Bobrovsky, our MVP.

Also, good luck to Rick Nash. I can't hate the dude... and I hope the fans show some love when he comes back to Columbus, but I doubt it.

Go Leafs, I guess.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Looks like Tarasenko may be sitting with Oshie returning.

I think I'm fine with that, no sense in breaking up a productive 4th line.

Razorskin

----- ------
So begins another quest for the Stanley Cup. The Greatest Trophy in all of sports. There is no replica, a new Stanley Cup is not made every single year, there is only one. It is legend, it is cherished by every single hockey fan as a piece of history.

But there is a replica cup in the hall of frame, its the only one people in Toronto get to see.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
End of the month is always hectic for me. Thank god the first of the month is a relaxing day, I'll be too pumped for playoff hockey.

So in Leafs news:

Bozak is back! He's between our top line once again, new wrinkles in a line of Lupul/Grabo/Kulemin and a 3rd line of Frattin/Kadri/Macarthur.

Sorry I was banned last week. Didn't give me a chance to eulogize the Jackets season. Guess there is no point now, but I'd at least like to say that I am very proud of the way our guys fought. I have never seen Nationwide that crazy. Gives me hope that if they put a winning product out there, Ohio will come out and REALLY support the team in a way that will make the team seem more... 'sustainable.' They do a great job of giving the fans a great experience when we come to the arena, and for the first time I feel real optimism around the franchise. Moving to the East will definitely help things a lot, as it sucks when so many of your games start at like 10 PM Eastern. I can't wait. Special thanks to Bobrovsky, our MVP.

Also, good luck to Rick Nash. I can't hate the dude... and I hope the fans show some love when he comes back to Columbus, but I doubt it.

Go Leafs, I guess.

Northwest Ohio is pretty big on hockey, we played teams all the way down to Findlay and Bowling Green when I was playing in high school.

Looks like Tarasenko may be sitting with Oshie returning.

I think I'm fine with that, no sense in breaking up a productive 4th line.

I love me some Frank, but this is the right call for now. The current 4th line is exactly what we need it to be in a series against a team like LA. Cracknell deserves the position he has on that line.

I'm still not sure that Tarasenko fully grasps what Hitchcock wants out of him. Language barriers, adapting to North American ice, whatever. Once he's "in" like Schwartz has been "in" the last half of this season, he'll carve himself a permanent spot. Schwartz had the advantage of playing with the Blues late last season and knowing what needed to be done in the off-season. Tarasenko should shape up the same way for 2013-14.

Solo

Loving this 1993 Habs avatar motif we've got going here, Habs-GAF!

Mr.Green had me feeling nostalgic, Damphousse was my favorite player growing up. He's probably Manics favorite wife beater.

Muller was my fav back in those days. Hell, he's probably my favorite Hab ever that I actually lived to see play.

Can't wait until he's inevitably behind the Habs bench as head coach.

I think I have a new best friend.

Nice! LeClair!

You miss Halak don't you ;)

Who am I looking at here, Schu? Schneider?

Samyy

End of the month is always hectic for me. Thank god the first of the month is a relaxing day, I'll be too pumped for playoff hockey.

So in Leafs news:

Bozak is back! He's between our top line once again, new wrinkles in a line of Lupul/Grabo/Kulemin and a 3rd line of Frattin/Kadri/Macarthur.

makes sense, put our best center with the scrubs
I think Leafs peaked too early, we need a couple of more high draft picks.

Montresor

Bah, stop with your semantics :p I just meant a new Stanley Cup is not created every year and won like the other team sports trophies :p

edit:

It's pathetic I even have to ask this, but is this gold only?

I don't know. But that would be a safe guess. YouTube and IE are gold-only hahaha, so the CBC app probably has that restriction too.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I love me some Frank, but this is the right call for now. The current 4th line is exactly what we need it to be in a series against a team like LA. Cracknell deserves the position he has on that line.

I'm still not sure that Tarasenko fully grasps what Hitchcock wants out of him. Language barriers, adapting to North American ice, whatever. Once he's "in" like Schwartz has been "in" the last half of this season, he'll carve himself a permanent spot. Schwartz had the advantage of playing with the Blues late last season and knowing what needed to be done in the off-season. Tarasenko should shape up the same way for 2013-14.

I've been wondering the same thing. It's like he's not sure if he should be a play-maker or a sniper. I'm really surprised with Schwartz, but his size worries me, especially up against LA. Hopefully he doesn't get taken out on his first shift. Fuck you Dbag Brown.

Solo

Was just looking at the Habs on Capgeek. Looks like there are no deals that *have* to be done this summer, but next summer (2014) we have to ink Subban (RFA), Eller (RFA), Diaz (UFA) and Emelin (UFA). Could be an interesting summer.

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me why AGally is being paid $925,000 but his cap hit is $3.225M on his ELC? Bonuses?

Acid08

Banned
The Ducks winning would be considered an upset. The media is all over Detroit's gooch.
I'll be watching after I get home from work!

Hot damn so excited for the playoffs. Four months ago we were arguing over whether there would be a season or not and here we are. Fucking amazing, you're all awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
makes sense, put our best center with the scrubs
I think Leafs peaked too early, we need a couple of more high draft picks.

If Kadri was better at faceoffs he'd probably be up with Kessel right now but alas.

This could work, Frattin had great chemistry with Kadri to start the year I'm assuming they hope they can get that going again. Not to mention Macarthur played his best with Kadri as well.

Lupul has shown it doesn't matter who he's with he produces so hopefully he can get Grabo going and even add on that we're putting Grabo back with Kulemin may really ignite him.

I have no problem with these lines to start off, we'll see how it goes as the series progresses of course.

Playoff avatar time. Did make a request for a new one, but will stick with one from last year for now :)

*stands up to the podium*
yes this is cheesy, but I don't care.

So begins another quest for the Stanley Cup. The Greatest Trophy in all of sports. There is no replica, a new Stanley Cup is not made every single year, there is only one. It is legend, it is cherished by every single hockey fan as a piece of history. So beings the 2013 quest by 16 teams. 16 teams that fought through a terrific 48 game season that was a full on race from start to finish. 16 Teams fighting to see who gets 16 wins first. 16 wins and every single one becoming more and more important than the previous win. Everything is put on the line, this is what these players live for, and as fans, we are thankful for every minute of every shift. It is grueling, it is tough, it is a marathon like no other sport, for the greatest trophy ever.

I have no allegiance to a single team (I guess there are teams I hate though :p), but come playoff time, I always try and do my best to find allegiances to teams in series I would love to see progress and win a Stanley Cup. The Blackhawks are my Dads team, so if they win, I am happy as well. If the Wild win that series, so be it, Minnesota would welcome a winner since the days of the North Stars getting their butts kicked by the Penguins in the SCF so long ago. Anahiem or Detroit?? Ehhhh, let them beat each other up. Let’s go Canucks!! Let’s go Blues!! Let’s go Islanders, return to the glory days of when you had that dynasty. Habs/Sens, god I wish you could both advance, but I’ll be rooting for a fun series here, and whoever wins I’ll keep cheering for. Let’s go Capitals!! I guess if anything I’m a Caps fan outside of my Canadian team loyalty, (fuck the Rangers too), I would love to see Adam Oates have some playoff success behind the bench, Ovie too. Let’s go Leafs (Fuck the Bruins)!!

Come playoff time, maybe I’m just a bandwagoner, but I love hockey, I love playoff hockey, I love when every single game matters, and I love to cheer for a team that deserves to win greatest trophy in sports. It’s time to get this started!

/salute

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Only good thing about living on the west coast is when the Wings come out here it's like I never left home, 7:30pm start times! Rocking the Zetterberg jersey at work today and no one knows who it is, gotta love Seattle.

Samyy

If Kadri was better at faceoffs he'd probably be up with Kessel right now but alas.

This could work, Frattin had great chemistry with Kadri to start the year I'm assuming they hope they can get that going again. Not to mention Macarthur played his best with Kadri as well.

Lupul has shown it doesn't matter who he's with he produces so hopefully he can get Grabo going and even add on that we're putting Grabo back with Kulemin may really ignite him.

I have no problem with these lines to start off, we'll see how it goes as the series progresses of course.

Yea I suppose, I just really want Grabo to get going. If he does we'll be close to matching the Bruins scoring depth. Those three lines could be absolutely amazing. It all hinges on Grabo and if Frattin and Mac can contribute.

Honestly that will probably have to happen if we want a chance to win, I dont feel comfortable relying on Kessel this series. Someones gotta step up.

Apparently Carlyle has Kostka and O'Byrne playing together and Gardiner with Liles. Hopefully this means we get Phaneuf -Gunn, Liles- Gards, Fraser-Franson to start tomorrow.

Holiday

Banned
The Blues need game 1 much more than the Kings, I think. If they lose, that would make 8 in a row going back to last years hammering. They'd know deep in their brain's heart that LA owns them.

Clydefrog

The Blues need game 1 much more than the Kings, I think. If they lose, that would make 8 in a row going back to last years hammering. They'd know deep in their brain's heart that LA owns them.

Agreed. Tonight’s game could either make or kill the Blues’ psyche. I think the Blues will be ready though. Damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom