• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
David Desharnais + Michael Ryder = 0 shots in 3 games. Money well wasted.

but, Ryder has goal.

Based on his playoff performance to date and his finish to the season I would be a bit surprised if he gets resigned. Also I would rather buyout DD than Kaberle, is that crazy?

but, Ryder has goal.

Based on his playoff performance to date and his finish to the season I would be a bit surprised if he gets resigned. Also I would rather buyout DD than Kaberle, is that crazy?
DD is still tradeable, his salary is relatively reasonable for his point/game ratio, especially for last year. Kaberle needs to be bought out so we can afford Subban.

Solo

Heirarchy of players I want bought out/traded/sent down to minors/assassinated:

1. David Desharnais
2. Tomas Kaberle
3. Travis Moen
4. Yannick Weber
5. Ryan White

I didn't include Ryder because he's UFA and won't be re-signed. Or Gio because he'll be done after next season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_lwy615apGT1qj8ahho1_1280_zpsfe485cf0.jpg

Solo

On the flip side of my last post, I see these guys as the core going forward:

Lars Eller
Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher
Max Pacioretty
Brandon Prust
Tomas Plekanec
PK Subban
Carey Price
Jarred Tinordi
Alexei Emelin

Everyone else is expendable to me.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Lars Eller
Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher
Max Pacioretty
Tomas Plekanec
PK Subban
Carey Price
Jarred Tinordi
Alexei Emelin

Agreed

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Supposedly Lundqvist may have been injured in practice yesterday. He apparently was either stung by a shot or tweaked something making a save and stayed down on the ice for a while.

He's still expected to start tonight, but he hasn't been on the ice since then.

Lars Eller
Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher
Max Pacioretty
Tomas Plekanec
PK Subban
Carey Price
Jarred Tinordi
Alexei Emelin

Max Pacioretty?

The way he played this year, without any physical aspect to his game (and proud of it, according to a Gazette interview), without going to the net?

He's pretty fucking expendable to me. If we can get a first round and a good prospect for him this year, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Solo

The way he played this year, without any physical aspect to his game (and proud of it, according to a Gazette interview), without going to the net?

Max Pacioretty is pretty fucking expendable to me. If we can get a first round and a good prospect for him this year, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MaxPac has been terrible this year. No argument from me. BUT he's too young and was too good last year to make me give up on him. Someone needs to sit him down though and show him a highlight clip from last season to show him he's only effective when driving to the net like a power forward should, and not floating around the perimeter like he did this season.

Shit, I forgot to add Prust to the list! Edited!

MaxPac has been terrible this year. No argument from me. BUT he's too young and was too good last year to make me give up on him. Someone needs to sit him down though and show him a highlight clip from last season to show him he's only effective when driving to the net like a power forward should, and not floating around the perimeter like he did this season.

Shit, I forgot to add Prust to the list! Edited!
True, maybe I shouldn't flush the baby with the dirty water.

But I'm worried a little bit. Guy signs big contract and forgets everything he learned about how he got that contract... If the guy was named Bouchard or Latendresse (lawl), we'd have booed him outta town.

Detroit lineups for today:

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Mikael Samuelsson

Johan Franzen-Valtteri Filppula-Daniel Cleary

Gustav Nyquist-Joakim Andersson-Damien Brunner

Patrick Eaves-Cory Emmerton-Todd Bertuzzi

Sammy on the top line........
Tk3gc.gif

Microsoft themselves confirming 720 will be playable offline. Maybe gaming side will be more tolerable now.

Did you read the thread? Most people are saying they dont believe the emails are real. Even when MS makes an official announcement on it people still wont believe it.

Montresor

Wow the hits keep on coming. The world fell apart with that game 3 of Habs-Sens. Subban chewed out Patches and threw around loads of public F-bombs because he was not happy receiving a suicide pass from Patches.

Microsoft themselves confirming 720 will be playable offline. Maybe gaming side will be more tolerable now.

It's not even the console threads that get to me now. I know not to read beyond the first post, but god damn it's like they're running out of things to talk about over there.

I've seen some things man, and some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

Montresor

What is it about F-bombs coming from a hockey player's mouth that gets me so hot and bothered. I don't care if a player is whining or justified or whatever, whenever I see that I fall in love.

Technically Subban is being a dick chewing out his own teammate like that on national television but he was just oozing passion.

I feel the same way about White and the way he trash-talked the Sens bench after scoring in game 2.

ZeroGravity

I guess if you want to get away with cheap shots, just do it in a game with a bunch of other garbage going on so the NHL will call it all a wash.

Solo

True, maybe I shouldn't flush the baby with the dirty water.

But I'm worried a little bit. Guy signs big contract and forgets everything he learned about how he got that contract... If the guy was named Bouchard or Latendresse (lawl), we'd have booed him outta town.

This series also shows that we need to get tougher in the off-season.

calder

I've never believed that Durango will require a constant internet connection to play all games but you have a weird definition of "confirming". ;) Until you see a press release or someone from MS says it on a podium it's just duelling rumours.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What is it about F-bombs coming from a hockey player's mouth that gets me so hot and bothered. I don't care if a player is whining or justified or whatever, whenever I see that I fall in love.

Technically Subban is being a dick chewing out his own teammate like that on national television but he was just oozing passion.

I feel the same way about White and the way he trash-talked the Sens bench after scoring in game 2.

Yeah, didn't bother me especially since Patches has been playing like garbage.

Also, is it just me or has Markov been shitty on the PP as well. Seems like half the time he can't keep the puck in or receive a pass?

Solo

So no suspensions AND Gryba is back tomorrow. Refs need to set the tone early or risk another battle royale potentially happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom