• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyy

Barring the outcome of the series I think this will be a real good experience for our young team. I wanna see some more of the prospects next year and less O'byrne and Kostka >=0

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Barring the outcome of the series I think this will be a real good experience for our young team. I wanna see some more of the prospects next year and less O'byrne and Kostka >=0

Definitely.

I think Nonis is going to look hard at finding a D-man to go with Phaneuf.

Gunnarson shoring up the second pairing will go a long way in improving the team and having us playing more in the style that Carlyle wants.

MacAttack

I still wonder how good a goalie can be behind that punishing Boston physical play some times.

The Bruins do a great job of pushing players around, forcing them outside, and intimidating them into taking shitty shots.
Thats the advantage of having Chara lead your team in ice time every night.

Cactus

Banned

O'Byrne is so bad. Wow. When the slow-ass Bruins can skate circles around you on a regular basis (awesome team, but speed isn't their strength), you probably don't belong in the NHL.

At least Gardiner has looked great. He's been way better than Liles (who I'm guessing will be traded or bought out this summer).

Definitely.

Gunnarson shoring up the second pairing will go a long way in improving the team and having us playing more in the style that Carlyle wants.

Remember that we still have Rielly in juniors, hopefully he can be able to impress the coaching staff enough to at least be the 7th defenseman.

But I see Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Franson, Gardiner, Rielly and ? manning the blue line next year

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Definitely.

We'll give you Keith Ballard for a box of Kessel's donuts

Sanjuro

Still not buying Reimer stock when Carlton is perfectly healthy on the bench.

lbKLBJz.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Re: Datsyuk goal

Real nice shot. Don't get me wrong. But watch the replay and watch as he begins to go down and even back into the net (anticipating a pass?) as Datsyuk is taking the shot. Big mistake. If he had kept his stance he would have just shrugged it off with the shoulder and no one would have been so impressed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Remember that we still have Rielly in juniors, hopefully he can be able to impress the coaching staff enough to at least be the 7th defenseman.

But I see Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Franson, Gardiner, Rielly and ? manning the blue line next year

I personally don't think Rielly is going to play next season unless he really blows the coaching staff away and I mean really blow them away. They have no need to rush him especially with Gardiner around and whatever plans they have with him for next season.

I see Rielly being a full timer 2 seasons from now at earliest.

pringles

Ducks aren't winning this. Red Wings want it more.
Doesn't matter how much guys like Lashoff, Smith and Quincey want it. They still give up quality chances for the Ducks every other shift.

It's a one-shot game so anything can happen.

Definitely the best game of the series, atleast from a Red Wings standpoint.

Cactus

Banned
Definitely.

If Rielly sticks next season (I think he's probably too good for junior at this point), we'd only need one good veteran who I guess would have to come via trade since the FA pool looks pretty bad outside of maybe Rozsival and Regehr.

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Franson
Gardiner - Rozsival?
Fraser

(Obviously Rielly wouldn't be a first pairing guy right away, I'm just too lazy to think up good pairings right now).

Samyy

I personally don't think Rielly is going to play next season unless he really blows the coaching staff away and I mean really blow them away. They have no need to rush him especially with Gardiner around and whatever plans they have with him for next season.

I see Rielly being a full timer 2 seasons from now at earliest.

Why everyone forget about Percy, hes solid :( I hope he has a strong camp...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This Rangers team is going to kill me.

Ovechkin had two incredible dives in this game. Truly amazing that neither was called (and that only one of them actually drew a penalty).

If we lost a game in which Brassard, Boyle, and Asham ALL scored, we deserved to be eliminated on the spot.

Nash with the huge assist to Stepan on the game-winning goal. This is the first time Nash has ever been a part of a playoff win. Hopefully it gets him going. Honestly somehow shocked we got that 4th goal, too. The team looked DEAD right before that.

Stralman had a horrific start to the game but recovered pretty nicely. Del Zotto had an absolutely terrible game from start to finish. Staal didn't look his best, but nobody expected him to, and he still did a pretty solid job considering.

Buzz I was hearing is that Powe has a concussion. That's a big loss (mostly on the PK), but it's mitigated somewhat by the fact that we're almost certainly getting Clowe back for Game 4.

This is a whole new series now that the team knows they can beat Holtby, and it's not just the top guys that can do it. A win on Wednesday would blow this wide open.

Good times. Stressful, but good times.

Seriously, this team right now, besides Lashoff, decided that they wanted to turn it up to 11. Man was that one entertaining period of hockey but OT is a whole other beast. I could see the Ducks getting a break to end it, but who knows.

vilmer_

I love how CBC, right across the river from Detroit, would rather show a Blues/Kings series over basically their hometown team. This company should be brought upon a firing line and shot.

pringles

Blargh. Silly Babcock starting OT with Lashoff/Kindl and 3rd line.

edit: lol that was a wrong high-sticking call. Hope we can kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom