• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vancouver - $61k average
Sydney - $69k average

Not a lot more. I'm not sure your situation with purchasing goods created outside AUS, but it used to be pretty high - at least in consumer electronics.

Looking on some Australian websites, the prices are still insane for video games.

So cost of living must be more when you live in somewhere like Sydney if you are an active consumer.

That's because Sydney has a shitty cost of living. Nobody likes Sydney.

Try comparing Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin etc. Not Canberra though as that's full of government employees that get overpaid and have a surrounding high cost of living as a result.

The prices for everything suck. Thankfully there's an enquiry being launched into why digitally distributed goods are high in price.

Plus I buy, like, one video game every 3 months so I don't really care how much they cost.

Had a buddy who moved to melbourne and brisbane for a year each and fiji for a few months. Coincidentally he lives in vancouver now. He said its crazy expensive there (AUSland)

Its all relative though. Ive lived in enough places to know that one expense cancels out another in different places.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Try comparing Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin etc. Not Canberra though as that's full of government employees that get overpaid and have a surrounding high cost of living as a result.

I used to do volunteering in Tourism, and you wouldn't BELIEVE how many people from Melbourne said "Vancouver is so much like Melbourne". They were the only people constantly saying that. So I definitely believe you when you compare Melbourne and Vancouver. They're both amazing cities.

Marvie_3

Banned
I liked the 2011 Canucks, they've sucked since then.
Psssht.....fairweather fan

What about Newcastle?

Go North Stars

I used to do volunteering in Tourism, and you wouldn't BELIEVE how many people from Melbourne said "Vancouver is so much like Melbourne". They were the only people constantly saying that. So I definitely believe you when you compare Melbourne and Vancouver. They're both amazing cities.

Too right. That's exactly why I moved down here from the Australian equivalent of Florida.

Culture, fantastic PT, Mt Hoffam a few hours away, food, talent, shopping... It excels in everything and keeps a level of humbleness about it.

And pretty much the same weather too, without the snow.

What about Newcastle?

Go North Stars

The Kamloops of NSW.

But a heck of a lot more bogans.

D'gay, D'stardly.

Old mate *nod*

Socreges

Banned
Actually I'm not because Henrik didn't injure anyone. Bieksa actually did intentionally injure Havlat in Game 1 and he still isn't back.
Always looked to me like Bieksa was (recklessly) trying to tie up Havlat as a shot was being taken and his job is to prevent Havlat from getting to the net. Unfortunate that Havlat was injured.

Acid08

Banned
Always looked to me like Bieksa was (recklessly) trying to tie up Havlat as a shot was being taken and his job is to prevent Havlat from getting to the net. Unfortunate that Havlat was injured.
I think that's what Bieksa was intending to do at first. But after he gets his stick caught between his legs they skate closer together and you can see Bieksa yank up really hard on his stick. Watch his shoulders and arms make a quick upwards motion after they're close to each other.

Let's put Tarasenko on the 4th line and give him 40 seconds a period while Stewart eats ice time playing like shit for the 4th game in a row.

Socreges

Banned
I think that's what Bieksa was intending to do at first. But after he gets his stick caught between his legs they skate closer together and you can see Bieksa yank up really hard on his stick. Watch his shoulders and arms make a quick upwards motion after they're close to each other.
Watch him launch from his legs at that moment, too. He's just trying to block Havlat with his body, not twist the knife as you see it.

Let's put Tarasenko on the 4th line and give him 40 seconds a period while Stewart eats ice time playing like shit for the 4th game in a row.

No shit. Not to mention Macdonald on the ice constantly giving the puck up. Reaves and Polak in there doing nothing at all. Blues put no effort forth the entire 2nd and 3rd periods. Pathetic

Why LA over any other cigarette carton design?
LOL! The game is based on a fictional Los Angeles (Los Santos) so...

More recognition for hockey, yo!

LS_Kings_Shirt-GTAV.png

Edit: LOL Acid!

Magni

Why LA over any other cigarette carton design?

Cause the game is set in a parody of LA? I too loved seeing that, even if I don't care for the Kings. The Liberty City Rangers and Alderney City Devils were both missing from GTA IV, so here's hoping hockey sticks are in as a melee weapon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom