• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldpicture1.jpg

oldpicture2.jpg]

cLrJVqC.png

Great win by the Kings. I'm really glad we didn't go down 3-1 against those idiots. Now we've gotta get one on their home ice and then close it out at Staples.

Acid08

Banned
Someone really should tell Ron Maclean that no one enjoys his poetry.

Boardwalk Empire 3rd season reference. Probably not much of an audience here for that.
For boring shows? Yeah, not really a fan.

Have only seen the first season, it was pretty okay. Love me some Kelly Macdonald though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd just like to add to my earlier comments on the game tonight that I fucking love Derick Brassard. I've liked what I've seen from him ever since that first night on the team at the trade deadline. When he's on his game and contributing, he brings a creativity that this team is otherwise completely and utterly lacking, and that was all on display tonight. Brilliant setups, a wicked high difficulty shot for his goal, the playmaking, etc. Great stuff.

Seems he's also NHL.com's first star for the night. Deserved.

Row

Banned
I'm pretty emarassed to be a habs fan lately

I mean, not as embarassed as I would be if I were a nucks fan, but still pretty embarassed

Bettman, the potential Coyotes owner and Glendale's mayor, etc. are supposed to meet tomorrow. If the COG tells them to fuck off and that they won't get a sweetheart deal, this could be it and the NHL could go, "well, we tried!" and pack up and move.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could find videos of the crowd response to Marc Staal's return from before the game tonight. Not a lot of people were in the arena for the warmups because of all the new security at MSG, so the crowd as a whole didn't actually know Staal was in the game tonight until after the team came out and people started spotting #18. Then they finally put him on the big screens and the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Then they announced him as one of the starters and the place erupted. Was pretty awesome.

Stasis

I'd just like to add to my earlier comments on the game tonight that I fucking love Derick Brassard. I've liked what I've seen from him ever since that first night on the team at the trade deadline. When he's on his game and contributing, he brings a creativity that this team is otherwise completely and utterly lacking, and that was all on display tonight. Brilliant setups, a wicked high difficulty shot for his goal, the playmaking, etc. Great stuff.

Seems he's also NHL.com's first star for the night. Deserved.

Agreed. I think Stepan and Brass are the future of the team down the middle, hopefully with Miller filling in as 2B/3. Not really seeing a need for Richards going forward. I don't really even wanna see him on the top 6 ES for game 4.

Agreed. I think Stepan and Brass are the future of the team down the middle, hopefully with Miller filling in as 2B/3. Not really seeing a need for Richards going forward. I don't really even wanna see him on the top 6 ES for game 4.

Probably getting amnestied next summer.

Stasis

All the wrong teams won today.

All the right teams!

My prediction list was:

-Chicago
-Detroit
-San Jose
-Los Angeles
-Pittsburgh
-Ottawa
-New York R
-Boston

NYR being a homer pick because I honestly think the Caps take it =/ I'd rather St. Louis, Anaheim and maybe even the Isles (*gasp*) take their series, but at this point I just wanna be right and continue to dominate my pool.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bettman, the potential Coyotes owner and Glendale's mayor, etc. are supposed to meet tomorrow. If the COG tells them to fuck off and that they won't get a sweetheart deal, this could be it and the NHL could go, "well, we tried!" and pack up and move.

:lol that this is still going on.

Dang, what a game yesterday and the Joe was rocking with a great playoff atmosphere, would have been a heck of a game to go to.

Also Brunner leads the Wings with 4 points in the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Media is at a loss of words today, not sure who to harp on for the loss.

They don't have Phil Kessel to rip on so it's gone back to the we lack experience card.

Solo

Another 12 hours until the story of the series has been determined. It's either 4-1 Sens, or its going to 7 games with the winner a tossup.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

This what I'm expecting. Next year is Richie's last on the team.

This Rangers-Caps series can really go any way at this point. I feel like if the Caps win game 4, they're going to win the series in 5. If the Rangers win game 4, it's their series to lose (though I'm wary of our chances in a Game 7 in Washington).

Solo

This what I'm expecting. Next year is Richie's last on the team.

This Rangers-Caps series can really go any way at this point. I feel like if the Caps win game 4, they're going to win the series in 5. If the Rangers win game 4, it's their series to lose (though I'm wary of our chances in a Game 7 in Washington).

One of the worst FA signings in NHL history, when you look at what he got paid vs what he actually played like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom