• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Didn't wanna go back to the GCL stream for best quality, so here's a rough version, hope that works:

ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

I laughed so hard when that happened I woke up my wife in the other room. Even with how bad Fleury has been I couldn't believe it.

Solo

I concur with most of this. Gio only has 1 year left, you can't strip him of the C now. Aside from that sounds good. Subban, Gally, Eller, Galchenyuk, Tinordi all with a year under their belt? Me gusta.

I think this is the biggest positive I'll take from the season. Not only were BGally, AGally, and Tinordi NHL ready, but they played at a really high level and didn't flinch for a second playing in their first playoffs. AGally and BGally will both be beasts for years to come. To think that they're like 5 years away from their prime is amazing. 2 rookies were in our 5 best players on the team the whole season. Incredible.

Solo

So assuming the Habs do go on and get eliminated, it's kind of hard not to root for the Isles to have a Cinderella run.

Socreges

Banned
MAF is a terrible terrible goalie. If he's not watching Sochi from his home in Pittsburgh I'm going to lose my shit.
Maybe he could be in Sochi. As the goalie coach.

Marc-Andre Fleury said:
"So, lots of goalies typically stand in front of the net in order to stop the puck. But I was thinking, see, if you're inside the net, there's no room for the puck to go in. OK now you try it, James Reimer."

Alucard

Banned
Fire Bylsma if he doesn't start Vokoun next game. This feels almost exactly like last season. Hurts so bad, GAF. It hurts so bad.

MPW

I concur with most of this. Gio only has 1 year left, you can't strip him of the C now. Aside from that sounds good. Subban, Gally, Eller, Galchenyuk, Tinordi all with a year under their belt? Me gusta.

trade him if you can

also georges should be the next captain, not prust

Cake Boss

Banned
We got outplayed for the majority of that game, Habs deserved a better fate, we had calls go our way which is surprising.

Its not over till its over, Budaj came in cold and it deflected off his dman, and our history with backups this season isnt that great for whatever reason which is why I think Budaj can still steal a game here and there.

They need to come out with a much better effort on Thursday to finish this series, if not they will be back here again for Game 6.

AlexMogil

Fire Bylsma if he doesn't start Vokoun next game. This feels almost exactly like last season. Hurts so bad, GAF. It hurts so bad.

Why, so Malkin can turn it over in front of Vokun? Or stomp on his leg so he can't stop a shot? Pens have to figure out the blue lines.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
trade him if you can

I used to believe that, but Gorges hasn't looked that great for most of the year, it's not worth risking putting it on a guy who could be traded. You have to put it on a franchise player or someone you know who will be here for a long time.

Solo

Shut up! We just need to win two, then everything becomes possible again!

My biggest issue isn't 3-1. I mean, all you need to get out of that is a three game winning streak.

My biggest issue is: how in the FUCK can Therrien possibly get the troops rallied and fired up again? An absolutely embarrassing loss followed up by a heartbreaking snatching-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory loss. I can't think of a single coach alive or dead who could swing the morale of the locker room back to optimism after the way they lost each of those games. I would imagine most of the players have now already mentally given up.

Maybe he could be in Sochi. As the goalie coach.

"Aww gee willickers it's just so great to be here in the country of Russia as a representative of Canada, gee I'm just so lucky that they selected ME out of all the great goaltenders back home, like Price, Fleury, Holtby, Dubnyk..."

"... Wadda you mean my first two games are against Andersen and Bobrovsky?"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We got outplayed for the majority of that game, Habs deserved a better fate, we had calls go our way which is surprising.

Its not over till its over, Budaj came in cold, and our history with backups this season isnt that great for whatever reason. Budaj can still steal a game here and there.

They need to come out with a much better effort on Thursday to finish this series, if not they will be back here again for Game 6.

GG, Sens wanted it more.

Habs may be able to squeak out a win on home ice, but based on the what I've seen, I don't see them coming back.

Therrien is getting outclassed so far.

Alucard

Banned
Why, so Malkin can turn it over in front if Vokun? Or stomp on his leg so he can't stop a shot? Pens have to figure out the blue lines.

Honestly, I think all of the moves at the deadline fucked up team chemistry. Just like Crosby coming back last season fucked with team defense. Pens were playing fine before Crosby came back last season, and they were playing fine before their deadline moves...since then, they've forgotten how to play defense...again.

Hurts to be the laughing stock of the league for a third year in a row. Well, second, I guess...the loss to Tampa was without Crosby and Malkin. This isn't as shitty as the Philly series, but it still hurts right now. Pens had better get their heads out of their fucking asses and start playing some team concept defense again. They knew how to do it earlier on in the season, and I can only hope and pray they can do it again.

Fuck this team right now, but I'm not giving up.

Solo

trade him if you can

Gorges is the most overrated player among Habs fans I can ever remember. He is NOT captain material. He is soft as fuck, has no heart and has been mediocre-to-bad for 2 seasons now.

Prust would make a great interim captain until BGally inevitably becomes the Habs next long term captain in 2-4 years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GG, Sens wanted it more.

Habs may be able to squeak out a win on home ice, but based on the what I've seen, I don't see them coming back.

Therrien is getting outclassed so far.
Habs are too injured to come back. Gio out, Patches, Prust now injured or out, Price injured maybe out, Eller out. Even if they could somehow pull this out, they would get slaughtered in the 2nd round. They've had more injuries in these 5 games then they've had all year.

Mii

Banned
Korky! <3

EDIT: That reminds me, where is Sef? Just because the Preds suck doesn't mean he can't show for the playoffs

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My biggest issue isn't 3-1. I mean, all you need to get out of that is a three game winning streak.

My biggest issue is: how in the FUCK can Therrien possibly get the troops rallied and fired up again? An absolutely embarrassing lost followed up by a heartbreaking snatching-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory loss. I can't think of a single coach alive or dead who could swing the morale of the locker room back to optimism after the way they lost each of those games. I would imagine most of the players have now already mentally given up.

He put a bad lineup at the end too. This kind of bullshit is like JM and Cunneyworth did things, they read tarot cards, it's "oh Gally scored so I'll bench him, chances are too low he would score two in one game, I'll put people who haven't scored in a while, chances are higher they will score" bullshit.

Also, Prust has to stay out. The guy is done for until he heals.

Alucard

Banned

My biggest issue is: how in the FUCK can Therrien possibly get the troops rallied and fired up again? An absolutely embarrassing loss followed up by a heartbreaking snatching-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory loss. I can't think of a single coach alive or dead who could swing the morale of the locker room back to optimism after the way they lost each of those games. I would imagine most of the players have now already mentally given up.

ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

I know that feel, bro.

Come, Solo. Let's drown our sorrows.
discount-cigars.jpg

Actually, I don't feel I even deserve brandy and cigars right now. That's a combination for winners. :(

2251859721_92149d31d4.jpg

That's more like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom