• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I don't know what's worse. The fact he is a scumbag or villain in this summer's Superman film.

I3jKvLm.jpg
BJqnXMSCEAAftju.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It might seem crazy but I think they should move pleks in the off Season. Move Eller, Gally and Dumont as the 1,2,3 Cs. Pleks hasn't showed up for the playoffs ever and his value will start declining soon. We can get a great return for him, especially with how deep this draft is.

Pleks easily has the most trade value, but the cap is going down and I doubt too many teams can take on his contract as a number 2 centre.

We have to hope Eller can return 100% too.

Solo

It might seem crazy but I think they should move pleks in the off Season. Move Eller, Gally and Dumont as the 1,2,3 Cs. Pleks hasn't showed up for the playoffs ever and his value will start declining soon. We can get a great return for him, especially with how deep this draft is.

I'm not against moving Pleks per se, but you ONLY do it if you're certain Eller is back at 100%. A healthy Eller IS Pleks, but bigger, younger and more talented.

But until we know Eller is 100%, you can't move Pleks. Great two-way centres don't grow on trees.

But yes, assuming Eller can return fully, I'd move Pleks, and the new centre depth chart would be:

1C: Eller
2C: Galchenyuk
3C: Dumont
4C: White (only until we find a better alternative)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah, I'm tired as fuck of having coaches who "reward" young players for great play by benching them, and "punishing" vets who are absolutely dog-fucking it out there and doing nothing by never reducing their icetime or responsibilities.

I like Therrien, but this is now THREE STRAIGHT head coaches who have pulled this shit. Newsflash, Mike: Alex was your third best forward this season behind Lars and Brendon. Play him you cunt. Not the ghost of Michael Ryder.

That's the thing, I have seen NOTHING good from veterans in the past three years, they are all inconsistent in terms of what you can expect from them. The younger ones are not. They have their down times sometimes, every player does, but they are not inconsistent, you can see them progressing.

Next game if I was Therrien I would stop fucking around, face it, stop relying on what isn't working, this isn't the regular season, there's no shaping left to do. Just give the time to both Gallagher and Galchenyuck, 20 mins each minimum. Pull Prust out, he's injured. Don't bring back White or Gionta.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
White Russians and keep em coming.

No Vodka at home, shocking I know.

Kahlua straight up, Kahlua&Milk and Beer is the best I can do.

TSN Panel: "They need the stanchion"

FUCK YEAH INANIMATE OBJECTS WILL SAVE US

Solo

What other rookies could make the team next year?

I honestly don't know if any of them will make it out of camp. I don't think Beaulieu, Pateryn or Ellis is ready as far as D-men go. Collberg isn't ready yet and while Kristo might be the closest to being ready, he doesn't help much with our lack of size.

I think 1-2 of those guys could crack the team as call-ups who stick with the team, but I don't think any of them make it as day one players.

AGally, BGally and Tinordi are there are 2nd year players, obviously, on day one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm pretty sure a dman or two will be moved on draft day, we have too many that can make the NHL next season or the season after.

Solo

I'd like to see the day one roster be something like

Pacioretty-Eller-Bourque
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-FA signing
Prust-Dumont-Kristo (if we give him a chance)
Moen-White-FA signing

Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Subban
Tinordi-FA signing

Price
Budaj

Alucard

Banned
Pens should be down 3-1 in this series but they're not. They'll still beat the Isles but the D and goaltending has shown that it's lacking and team speed is a concern as the Isles look much faster than them.

Agreed that the Pens are lucky to be tied right now. Should be 3-1 Isles.

This is just embarrassing. The Isles are too stubborn to know they don't belong, and the Pens are still too full of their own shit and media hype to realize they actually need heart to win.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If one of you fine fellas want Psychonauts&Costume Quest&Stacking from my humble bundle purchase on steam, let me know. Preferably you have none of the 3 games, since they come as a single code.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I want Clarkson so bad but like every free agent in a year with not many big name free agents, some team is going to overpay for him something fierce.
He's not worth over paying for 5 years and having to deal with an Erik Cole situation all over again in a few years.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I bet you could make a line of rookies and young players and still perform great. You're older than 28? You're out:p

Bet if Therrien did that we would be at least as good as now, probably better.

Plus, it would be cheap. Use the rest of the money to hire some of the best you can find.

If one of you fine fellas want Psychonauts&Costume Quest&Stacking from my humble bundle purchase on steam, let me know. Preferably you have none of the 3 games, since they come as a single code.

I'll jump on this.

Steam name is my name.

edit:

Goddammit: Acid

Don't give it to the sharks fan Smelly

Alucard

Banned
Some goaltending couldn't hurt either.

...and defensive structure. Can't believe they're falling apart in the same areas two years in a row. Maybe too many additions at one time at the deadline did it, or...I don't know what. This team needs to get their heads out of their asses, stop sulking, and just get shit DONE. Watch a boxing movie or something and get your shit JACKED.

cube444

...and defensive structure. Can't believe they're falling apart in the same areas two years in a row. Maybe too many additions at one time at the deadline did it, or...I don't know what. This team needs to get their heads out of their asses, stop sulking, and just get shit DONE. Watch a boxing movie or something and get your shit JACKED.

Morrow, Iginla and Murray look slow out there. Maybe the Isles are just that fast.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Just got home. Amazing game. Isles played their asses off and overcame some questionable officiating to win a big one. Very exciting. The old barn was rocking.

HOW ABOUT THEM ISLANDERS?!

hamonicface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom