• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gorges is the most overrated player among Habs fans I can ever remember. He is NOT captain material. He is soft as fuck, has no heart and has been mediocre-to-bad for 2 seasons now.

Prust would make a great interim captain until BGally inevitably becomes the Habs next long term captain in 2-4 years.

Woah man, Gorges has heart, unfortunately that's basically all he has. He can't put a team on his back and win, that's why he shouldn't be captain, but Prust can't either, regardless of how great he is at what he does.

Solo

He put a bad lineup at the end too. This kind of bullshit is like JM and Cunneyworth did things, they read tarot cards, it's "oh Gally scored so I'll bench him, chances are too low he would score two in one game, I'll put people who haven't scored in a while, chances are higher they will score" bullshit.

Yeah, I'm tired as fuck of having coaches who "reward" young players for great play by benching them, and "punishing" vets who are absolutely dog-fucking it out there and doing nothing by never reducing their icetime or responsibilities.

I like Therrien, but this is now THREE STRAIGHT head coaches who have pulled this shit. Newsflash, Mike: Alex was your third best forward this season behind Lars and Brendon. Play him you cunt. Not the ghost of Michael Ryder.

Solo

ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

I know that feel, bro.

Come, Solo. Let's drown our sorrows.
discount-cigars.jpg

Actually, I don't feel I even deserve brandy and cigars right now. That's a combination for winners. :(

2251859721_92149d31d4.jpg

That's more like it.

Here here!

I am getting drunk as fuck this weekend once the Habs have been eliminated. Fuck this earth.

Solo

Yeah, the benching of the rookies playing well in favor of useless vets is frustrating.

"Alex, I see you have a goal, 4 shots, have created several great scoring chances, and have generally been our best player tonight. Collect your things and sit at the end of the bench, you aren't seeing the ice in the third period."

- Michel Therrien

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm not even angry.

Disappointed and sad.

I need beer.

I have a nearly full bottle of Kahlua and I think 3 bottles of beer I'm eyeing right now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
"Alex, I see you have a goal, 4 shots, have created several great scoring chances, and have generally been our best player tonight. Collect your things and sit at the end of the bench, you aren't seeing the ice in the third period."

- Michel Therrien

makes me sad and angry

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It might seem crazy but I think they should move pleks in the off Season. Move Eller, Gally and Dumont as the 1,2,3 Cs. Pleks hasn't showed up for the playoffs ever and his value will start declining soon. We can get a great return for him, especially with how deep this draft is.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not a good mixer

Oh I'm not mixing Kahlua and beer, you kidding.

I'll drink the Kahlua straight up. Or mix it with milk, I haven't decided yet if I really want to go down that road.

Habs GAF and Canucks GAF joining eachother in the Offseason thread. Together we can riot forever.

Leafs-GAF will join us soon enough, but with most of their integrity intact. Which is surprising, given they're playing the Bruins.

cube444

Pens GAF will just sulk in the corner if you don't mind.

Pens should be down 3-1 in this series but they're not. They'll still beat the Isles but the D and goaltending has shown that it's lacking and team speed is a concern as the Isles look much faster than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom