• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow. Ok, whatever. I'm sorry if I offended you. My freakin' uncle died of Lou Gehrig's, and I'd actually make fun of concussions?

What does Lou Gehrig's have to do with concussions? AFAIK ALS is purely genetic?

You were trying to be funny and sarcastic (with respect to Hunter's post) by calling people who committed suicide pussies. I see what you were trying to do, and I am not okay with it. That's my bottom line here.

Anyway, let's move on.

Stammer91

Neo Member
It's easy to rack up Cup wins when there are only 5 other teams in the league.
Even the Leafs were stockpiling them back then.

I was talking about the Bolts having more Cups than 'legitimate' franchises like Buffalo, St. Louis, San Jose, Ottawa (still a young franchise though), Vancouver...

But yes, there was no parity back then. It was Habs or Toronto nearly every year because they had all the Canadian boys coming straight up.

What does Lou Gehrig's have to do with concussions? AFAIK ALS is purely genetic?

You were trying to be funny and sarcastic (with respect to Hunter's post) by calling people who committed suicide pussies. I see what you were trying to do, and I am not okay with it. That's my bottom line here.
ALS has been found in higher percentages in people who had a history of multiple concussions, especially with former NFL players.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/17/news/la-heb-brain-trauma-20100817

One of the main reasons to get our sports to be safer. I wouldn't encourage my kid to play professional hockey as it is now.

Socreges

Banned
Foreign GuyWhoMayHaveBeenPoorlySocializedAsAChild

I'm just poking fun at you. The same excuse you use whenever someone is bitter about a post you make.

JUST HAVIN' A LAUGH SOC
You really are carrying a lot of baggage. If this sweep didn't help.... :(

:lol desi you so crazy

2010 Canucks lose to the Blackhawks, Blackhawks win the cup.
2011 Canucks lose to the Bruins, Bruins win the cup.
2012 Canucks lose to the Kings, Kings win the cup.
2013 Canucks lose to the Sharks, Sharks.....

The Canucks had destiny on their side, but they kept choking it away.

Tabris

I have no ill will for the Sharks which is more than can be said for a lot of the Canucks past playoff opponents.

Not a fan of Wingles, but otherwise agreed. I have no ill will to Thorton, Pavelski, Marleau, Boyle, etc. They played a good clean game outside a bit of faceoff cheating which we also tried.

Marvie_3

Banned

2008 Hossa loses the Cup
2009 Hossa loses the Cup
2010 Trend is broken

CCF23

I thought we were friends. :(

cat-high-five.gif

Tabris

Have you tried telling the teacher about this?

The anti-bullying campaign hasn't yet hit there as hard as it has in Canada. We had a recent suicide from a girl who was bullied online and the campaign kicked up.

So definitely not a fan of aggressive internet bullies. I need to work on that myself to make sure I'm not making someone feel shitty by bullying them (not posting my opinions they disagree with or annoying them).

CCF23

The anti-bullying campaign hasn't yet hit there as hard as it has in Canada. We had a recent suicide from a girl who was bullied online and the campaign kicked up.

So definitely not a fan of aggressive internet bullies. I need to work on that myself to make sure I'm not making someone feel shitty.

You make me feel shitty every time you post.

Stammer91

Neo Member

So definitely not a fan of aggressive internet bullies. I need to work on that myself to make sure I'm not making someone feel shitty.

Are you talking about the girl that was raped and killed herself due to the bullying? Situation =/= comparable. You morally advanced Canadian folk should know better than to compare hockey talk to a 16 year old girl killing herself after she was raped.

Are you talking about the girl that was raped and killed herself due to the bullying? Situation =/= comparable. You morally advanced Canadian folk should know better than to compare hockey talk to a 16 year old girl killing herself after she was raped.
Nah, he's talking about a girl who got bullied online and killed herself. The thing you're talking about is something else entirely.

Have you tried telling the teacher about this?

STOP BULLYING A 30 YEAR OLD KID ON THE INTERNET

:lol :lol :lol

Someone's complaining that someone else is aggressive! Quick, let's gang up on him and call him a pussy!

Seriously, this forum is like a microcosm of a freakin schoolyard.

You don't have to stay if you don't like it.

So definitely not a fan of aggressive internet bullies. I need to work on that myself to make sure I'm not making someone feel shitty by bullying them (not posting my opinions they disagree with or annoying them).

I don't think anyone here will take it that seriously.

Socreges

Banned
Someone's complaining that someone else is aggressive! Quick, let's gang up on him and call him a pussy!

Seriously, this forum is like a microcosm of a freakin schoolyard.
Complete with that annoying separatist kid from Quebec sitting in the corner and muttering things in French under his breath.

2001 Canucks lose to Colorado, Avs win the cup
2002 Canucks lose to Detroit, Wings win the cup
2003 Canucks lose to Minnesota, Wild dont win the cup

it ends at 3!

Tabris

Eventually it'll become socially unacceptable to laugh about bullying.

Takes time when we are still fighting against racism and sexual orientation bigotry.

I mean we just had a case of someone laughing about mental health.

You don't have to stay if you don't like it.
Dude, I've been writing on and off around here since 2004. You first came here 2 years ago.

Trust me, I'll be alright. Doesn't mean I won't tell you when I think you're being aggressive and disrespectful. :)
Complete with that annoying separatist kid from Quebec sitting in the corner and muttering things in French under his breath.
Yeah, that's... relevant.

Acid08

Banned

it ends at 3!

That was before the NHL existed, doesn't count.

Tabby, why didn't you post until the score was 3-2? Not really supporting your boys very well.

Eventually it'll become socially unacceptable to laugh about bullying.

Takes time when we are still fighting against racism and sexual orientation bigotry.

I mean we just had a case of someone laughing about mental health.

No one is laughing at bullying, they're laughing at you.

Tabris

That was before the NHL existed, doesn't count.

Tabby, why didn't you post until the score was 3-2? Not really supporting your boys very well.

Because I was hyperventilating. Well maybe not that bad, but super stressed. I was cheering them on at my tv.

Stammer91

Neo Member
Nah, he's talking about a girl who got bullied online and killed herself. The thing you're talking about is something else entirely.

Haven't heard anything about just a bullying suicide. Only suicide I heard of (and after checking can find online) is the poor girl that got raped and bullied. Source?

What Foreign said.

Source?

Regardless of an anti-bullying campaign in Canada, I think a few grown men can handle some shit talk back and forth about hockey on a hockey forum. If not, there are some underlying problems that may need to be addressed.

Dude, I've been writing on and off around here since 2004. You first came here 2 years ago.

Trust me, I'll be alright. Doesn't mean I won't tell you when I think you're being aggressive and disrespectful. :)

Yeah, that's... relevant.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to ignore you like you seem to enjoy doing to posts with points counter to yours.

And lol @ acting like years here means shit. Excuse me for not finding neogaf when I was 11-12. My bad. I suppose that means you're better than me. :(

CCF23

Haven't heard anything about just a bullying suicide. Only suicide I heard of (and after checking can find online) is the poor girl that got raped and bullied. Source?

Source?

Regardless of an anti-bullying campaign in Canada, I think a few grown men can handle some shit talk back and forth about hockey on a hockey forum. If not, there are some underlying problems that may need to be addressed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

Pretty sure he was talking about that.

Socreges

Banned

it ends at 3!
Yeah, I don't see the Sharks getting much further, depending on who they face. The Canucks were a weak 3rd seed and this is the worst team they've iced in a few seasons. The Kings/Hawks/Bruins were very skilled teams who also had the physical edge that could take them deep.

Acid08

Banned
Don't worry, I'll be sure to ignore you like you seem to enjoy doing to posts with points counter to yours.

And lol @ acting like years here means shit. Excuse me for not finding neogaf when I was 11-12. My bad. I suppose that means you're better than me. :(

Well you joined two years ago and 14 really isn't that far from 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom