• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Give me an example of a baiting statement and I'll tell you how it's just my opinion or in good fun like the Tabris guarantee joke.

But I'm not here to explain myself. I understand the dislike for my posts and opinions. I was just trying to start a debate on online bullying in general and what you guys deem acceptable and why.

Quick

Banned
Does the annoying kid in class deserve to be verbally abused because of his personality?

Like really, I'm interested to hear what people's opinions are on this. I'm able to handle it without an issue, probably a bit sensitive right now due to how shitty today is, but this is an interesting topic to see how far we have gotten in what we think about online bullying.

Let me know if it's not appropriate for this thread and if I should post in OT. I just think it's appropriate because we have our community's dynamic with me and Marvie/Dastardly.

Absolutely not.

The difference between that annoying kid in class and you is that annoying kid has to be there, and he may or may not know why he's being bullied. You? You know exactly what you're doing when you post. When you get called out, you cry foul.

Half the posts you make are intended to bait people. Unfortunately, people here still pay attention to you. You know this, you revel in this, you continue to do this. If you're so hurt from all the attention you're whoring, your option is plain and simple: you can close that web browser or click on another thread.

If we're going by school kid comparisons, you're the kid who talks a lot of shit, but calls for a teacher when people bite back.

You're fucking Randall from Recess. Everyone hates him, and there's a reason for that. When people do shit to him, he calls out to Miss Finster. People bite on your bullshit, you immediately play the victim card. You go away and come back to do it again. The cycle never stops.

227px-Randall_Fifth_Grade.jpg

I'm sorry if this thread's become acidic to you, but it's not like it came out of nowhere. You've been digging your own grave.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Absolutely not.

The difference between that annoying kid in class and you is that annoying kid has to be there, and he may or may not know why he's being bullied. You? You know exactly what you're doing when you post. When you get called out, you cry foul.

Half the posts you make are intended to bait people. Unfortunately, people here still pay attention to you. You know this, you revel in this, you continue to do this. If you're so hurt from all the attention you're whoring, your option is plain and simple: you can close that web browser or click on another thread.

If we're going by school kid comparisons, you're the kid who talks a lot of shit, but calls for a teacher when people bite back.

You're fucking Randall from Recess. Everyone hates him, and there's a reason for that. When people do shit to him, he calls out to Miss Finster. People bite on your bullshit, you immediately play the victim card. You go away and come back to do it again. The cycle never stops.

I'm sorry if this thread's become acidic to you, but it's not like it came out of nowhere. You've been digging your own grave.

I was gonna write a post similar to this but gave up on it. So I second this one instead.

Yeah a few minutes ago. :lol

Amazing :lol

For fuck's sake, this is the Internet. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Especially this place

I take this place VERY seriously. I mean, look at my post count. It's basically my e-peen. I use it as a pickup line with girls, too.

I was gonna write a post similar to this but gave up on it. So I second this one instead.

I take this place VERY seriously. I mean, look at my post count. It's basically my e-peen. I use it as a pickup line with girls, too.

...so you use your post count to make an epeen more impressive than your actual penis.

Why didn't you stop at one post then?

Stammer91

Neo Member
To be completely fair Tabris, over the short time I've been here you've been a troll in my eyes. You really do seem to say things to try to bait people into stupid discussions or do things that get you attention. Don't start to complain about it now when you really do seem to be the cause of your own 'bullying'.

RC

Banned

How's it going with Soc's Ex's boyfriend?

Smiley90

lupinko

So I get back from weight training, cardio, Muay Thai and Krav Maga to find out the Canucks got swept? Does this mean Burkie is going back to Vancity? Also Lindy would be a good replacement for AV.

Stammer91

Neo Member
So I get back from weight training, cardio, Muay Thai and Krav Maga to find out the Canucks got swept? Does this mean Burkis going back to Vancity? Also Lindy would be a good replacement for AV.

Isn't Krav Maga really just 1,001 ways to liquify testicles?

Tabris

Yeah, but what's the shit talk? Commenting on how I didn't think the Sharks were a better team and we were losing because of lack of heart? Making posts about how it's our destiny to win the cup? Saying cynical fans are the worst kind?

I really, honestly, don't know what you mean.

My posts are definitely attention seeking of course with my "headline" like posts. I either want to get a debate going with every post I make or just lighten the mood. I do have a bit of that girl headstanding on the beach meme. But how is that personal shit talking?

I do apologize for all my personal come backs. I'm trying to not trash talk anyone personally though, but that's not the posts that you're talking about I assume? So is it the arrogance about my team? Because that's how I feel. I feel we are a great team with some shitty circumstances and some poor clutch performances.

But all of this is besides the point. I'm not looking for anyone here to like me. I'm just discussing when is abuse acceptable?

Sibylus

Banned
Maybe Tabris is just a very different person.

For the record, I didn't really want this discussion about aggression and respect to go this far...
Nebuchadnezzar the second was a very different person, and then God struck him mad and compelled him to live in the wild like an animal for seven years.

Look, all I'm saying is that the madness part is already taken care of. We just need to crowd-fund a modest kidnapping and relocate Tabris to the zoo.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, but what's the shit talk? Commenting on how I didn't think the Sharks were a better team and we were losing because of lack of heart? Making posts about how it's our destiny to win the cup? Saying cynical fans are the worst kind?

I really, honestly, don't know what you mean.

My posts are definitely attention seeking of course with my "headline" like posts. I either want to get a debate going with every post I make or just lighten the mood. I do have a bit of that girl headstanding on the beach meme. But how is that personal shit talking?

I do apologize for all my personal come backs. I'm trying to not trash talk anyone personally though, but that's not the posts that you're talking about I assume? So is it the arrogance about my team? Because that's how I feel. I feel we are a great team with some shitty circumstances and some poor clutch performances.

But all of this is besides the point. I'm not looking for anyone here to like me. I'm just discussing when is abuse acceptable?

No. Read again.

Nebuchadnezzar the second was a very different person, and then God struck him mad and compelled him to live in the wild like an animal for seven years.

Look, all I'm saying is that the madness part is already taken care of. We just need to crowd-fund a modest kidnapping and relocate Tabris to the zoo.

I don't know where you came from, but I like the cut of your jib.

Smiley90

I'm just discussing when is abuse acceptable?

When it's deserved and provoked, as judged by a group of peers. We are the jury. We have deemed your behaviour to be provocative and name you a troll. If you want our behaviour to change, you first need to change yours. We are society here.

Okay, how about this. We'll all try and treat you "normally", and we'll point it out to you next time if your post becomes annoying. If it doesn't happen - good job! If it does (and I fear it will) - we'll point it out. I'm not in the mood for back-searching.

RC

Banned
Muay Thai is a form of martial arts, no? I think it's heavy with kicks?

Krav Maga is Israeli I think. It's brutal, if I'm thinking of the right thing

Krav Maga was the basis of MIxed Martial Arts.

But don't believe me, I tend to bullshit on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom