• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned

Try going here:

http://www.teamradio.ca/

Click on the 1040 listen live thing and you should be able to rewind it a bit

Edit: I guess you can only go back as far as when you start the stream.

Here's what was said:
I was watching this game with my buddy Marvie, and he's a big Chicago Blackhawks fan, and he takes every opportunity to hate on the Canucks. Even he was like consoling me and telling me that "I don't know whats going on here. This shouldn't be happening"

Seik

Banned
Just made this for Carey Price's performance tonight.

hGbDPhz.png

Quick

Banned
Really looking forward to all the games tomorrow. Good luck Quick <3

<3 thanks Acid.

One of the plus sides to this is the Leafs are being forced to work harder than ever to counter the Bruins. I don't think I've seen as much effort as I'm seeing right now from the Leafs when facing the Bruins.

Acid08

Banned
<3 thanks Acid.

One of the plus sides to this is the Leafs are being forced to work harder than ever to counter the Bruins. I don't think I've seen as much effort as I'm seeing right now from the Leafs when facing the Bruins.

I've been really enjoying watching Kessel play. That guy can skate so fast, it's nuts. Really dynamic, talented winger.

RC

Banned
Some guy from Australia is on right now. I thought it was going to be Dastardly for a minute. :lol

Haha, same here. Was half expecting him to say, "all we do is ween, ween."

Apparently one fan was at the airport to welcome the Canucks back to Vancouver. Hmmmmm? Wonder who that was?

Solo

Woke up, remembered last night. Feels bad, man. That feeling when you're down 3-1 in a series you feel like you could just as easily be up 3-1 in.

At least we're looking at the 16th draft pick which could be good.

Having said that, I don't want to see any quit from the boys. Go out and win Game 5!

Solo

Prust is good at what he does, but he ain't a captain, man.

He should have known he wasn't helping his team by playing tonight. He costs us the second goal and here we are.

Future captain is Gallagher or Subban. Until then, we stick with Gionta until he leaves next year.

P.S. We will get embarassed.

Gallagher will absolutely be captain one day, but Subban will NEVER be captain. He has passion and talent out the wazoo, but you can tell he's not a guy anyone on the team would rally behind. I think they tolerate him rather than love him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up, remembered last night. Feels bad, man. That feeling when you're down 3-1 in a series you feel like you could just as easily be up 3-1 in.

Having said that, I don't want to see any quit from the boys. Go out and win Game 5!
I was actually rooting for the Habs to tie it up and try to boxstretch this to 7 games.

It's not over yet, but they gotta stop with the bonehead plays. And your coach can be a dumbass in the playoffs.

CrankyJay

Banned
I got called salty for proclaiming the Sens/Habs series over. Not sure how you come back from a beat down and a comeback like that.

So much salt.... and the Sharks sweep!!! Even we managed not to get swept by the Sharks those two years in a row.

Congrats Sharks, would not have picked the Nucks to be the first team out of the Yoff's this year.

Also Ducks in 6!!! Starts tonight!!

Solo

I got called salty for proclaiming the Sens/Habs series over. Not sure how you come back from a beat down and a comeback like that.

We could if all our team had the heart of the Gally Bros. But unfortunately they don't. We have a lot of lazy, gutless, soft pussies in our line-up who don't have the will to claw themselves back into this. There is no way in hell guys like Ryder and DD haven't already given up. Soff.

here in Monteal it's ''refs, refs, refs, refs'' all over social media and radio

pulling always the victim card.

sitting on a 2 goal lead Jacques Martin style will probably get you scored onto or tied then lose altogether.

Canucks sat at the driver's seat of their division all season long while the rest of the teams in same division gave up early. It's easy to get complacent ''yeah! we got home ice, top of the division'' then get whooped

Megasoum

Banned
here in Monteal it's ''refs, refs, refs, refs'' all over social media and radio

pulling always the victim card.

sitting on a 2 goal lead Jacques Martin style will probably get you scored onto or tied then lose altogether.

Canucks sat at the driver's seat of their division all season long while the rest of the teams in same division gave up early. It's easy to get complacent ''yeah! we got home ice, top of the division'' then get whooped

I think there was definitly issues with the refs and some very shitty calls, especially during the 3rd period. However, this is no excuse for the loss and the coachs should have worked around those issues to keep the lead and still win the game. So, fails on both sides IMO.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So saw that Vancouver got swept and as no shock I see Tabris is already trying to turn the conversation in here about him once again.

More importantly it's game day bitches! Can the Blue and White manage to tie up this series?

This young cat sure does hope so.

ShaneB

Crazy night of games last night. Wake up and see the Canucks are out, that sucks, but certainly makes their off season a lot more interesting with how they got trounced here. The Hawks look to be on pace to out the Wild in 5, the goalie issues in Minnesota are crazy. Great to see the Islanders win and that was a fun game to watch last night, my prediction of Islanders is 7 seemed like a long shot upset, but I knew the Islanders would put up a fight, and Fluery is doing his best to make sure that happens, god he just falls apart.

The Sens and Habs game was another crazy affair, it is quite telling to see the coach post game conferences back to back. MT looks like he’s about to cry and for good reason, and MacLean thinks it’s the best game ever, and for good reason. Habs have come back from 3-1 before and fairly recently, so it’s doable, and I really would love this series going to 7, but it’s looking dire.

Another batch of fun games tonight. My god Capitals, please win tonight. I don’t like the thought of the Rangers tying this up. =( Would be nice to see the Leafs tie it up as well and see more video clips of the crowds down there going bonkers. Hope the Blues get the win as well, if the Kings move on as well the west keeps getting less interesting =(

CrankyJay

Banned
We could if all our team had the heart of the Gally Bros. But unfortunately they don't. We have a lot of lazy, gutless, soft pussies in our line-up who don't have the will to claw themselves back into this. There is no way in hell guys like Ryder and DD haven't already given up. Soff.

Right, I'm just trying to say I can recognize this sort of thing...you guys were incredible in the regular season but that doesn't always translate well into playoff hockey. The Sabres did this shit all the time.

WillPwn4Food

Neo Member
I love how the Canuck fans are going crazy, now blaming both goaltenders instead of their poor offensive showing. It's like the Sedin's are untouchable, even though they showed a subpar performance this series.

Since I have a bunch of Canuck fans, it's quite nice to be able to brag that the Leafs lasted longer than them in the playoffs. Pisses them off quite a bit. :D

lupinko

What the hell are the last two?

Muay Thai is also known as Thai Boxing/Kickboxing. To be very simple about it, it's boxing with added kicks, knees and elbows. If you watch things like UFC, it's one of the core striking martial arts used in MMA, UFC Champions Jon Jones and Anderson Silva use Muay Thai in their striking.

Krav Maga is an Israeli martial art/self defense system that has roots with boxing and wrestling (the creator was a boxer and greco-roman wrestler or something), but has developed into its own thing. It's known as the most practical martial art, since Krav is not for sport (like BJJ, Karate, Judo, etc.) and is mainly for real life use. It's mainly used by Mossad agents and IDF soldiers, and other groups like Law Enforcement, and the CIA use it as well.

For civilian use it's just for self defense, and if you watch Archer, it's what they use there (albeit exaggerated).

I do this mainly for additional exercise and it's fun.

Anyway I'm really sore and tired this morning, the extra strength tylenol is only going so far.

I just started doing MMA last week, last night our trainer said it was useless unless we took up one of the Muay Thai classes that happen on the other days of the week. The basis of MMA is knowing, literally, many martial arts forms.

Funny that.

Either way I now have 4 of 7 nights each week dedicated to martial arts :(

Beats wanking to a pic of Getzlaf each night I guess.

Merguson

Banned

Saw this and felt the need to point it out.

Since you are divisional winners, the highest draft position you can obtain is 23rd overall.

30th - Cup Winner
29th - Runner-Up
28th - Conference Finals Runner-Up
27th - Conference Finals Runner-Up
Then the remaining divisional winners are seeded.. then the rest of the playoff teams.. then etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom