• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just made this for Carey Price's performance tonight.

hGbDPhz.png

That's exactly why we lost last night. You make Stock look like a fucking genius.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist getting the nom over Rask is baffling

Eh, not really, Hank was fan-fucking-tastic aside from like the first week and a half of the season.

Even with a weak January, he still ended up 1st in wins, 6th in GAA among goalies with at least 15 appearances, 5th in Save % among goalies with at least 15 appearances, 2nd in time on the ice, and was named Rangers MVP for the 7th consecutive year. If you take out the first 2 weeks of the season (I think he had a GAA of over 5 at one point in there), he's pretty much top 3 in every category with a GAA well under 2.

Though to be honest, I am a little surprised he still got acknowledged and made the cut, considering how often I've heard analysts refer to his "shaky" start over the course of the season. I thought either Anderson or Rask might have gone in ahead of him, and either would have made sense, but it's certainly not "baffling" why Lundqvist made the cut. He's not going to win, but it's nice to see that they did recognize that he was playing in his Vezina form for most of the season.

Bobrovsky is winning it.

Merguson

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ioE2qttd0ekJB.gif[IMG]

lol Old man Murray almost had a heart attack.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2594245/fthis.gif

EDIT: I love how Murray looks he's in a nice room while Bergevin is stuck in a place with wires all over the place.. and is that a coat hanger on a rope?

Brinbe

Probably gonna go down to maple leaf square tonight. Gotta meet up with a relative who works in the Telus building, so might as well. Should be an interesting/insane experience. If anyone has already gone is 5 early enough?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm sure this got posted somewhere back in the mix when the Nucks got eliminated, but posting it anyway

ibqIqyfbMc2Y5S.gif

And that Hamonic whaling on Malkin gif is GLORIOUS

Osorio

I predicted Isles in 7 and sticking by it.

After the 1st game they've given up at least 3 goals a game. No matter how big a lead Pittsburgh has the Isles know they're shooting on Fleury.

Hamonic going ham on Malkin is beautiful.

Stammer91

Neo Member
Bob should win the Vezina as he had an absolutely incredible season, but for some reason the voters think that making the playoffs is the be-all end-all of a player. I think it would be a travesty if any player but Bobrovsky won the Vezina this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Clowe: "there's a good chance I'll play tonight"

Sweet.

If only Powe didn't go down we could be all hands on deck tonight. Oh well. Losing Powe weakens our PK, but getting Clowe back strengthens our PP and 5-on-5. Tough trade off.

Backes not on the ice for the morning skate.

Steen centering Schwartz and Tarasenko.

Thought Backes was a little light on the physicality in Game 4. If he's out, that's really shitty for us without a breakout performance by pretty much everyone else.

pringles

Bob should win the Vezina as he had an absolutely incredible season, but for some reason the voters think that making the playoffs is the be-all end-all of a player. I think it would be a travesty if any player but Bobrovsky won the Vezina this year.
People say this, but I can't think of many times a player has been snubbed because he didn't make the playoffs. How often does the team of the best goalie not make the playoffs? Almost never. Bob will win it I'm sure.

Curufinwe

Watch the NHL ignore their own rules to ensure the Penguins keep their best defenseman for the rest of the playoffs.

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately
applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions
as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent
to injure, or who spits on an official, shall be automatically suspended
for not less than ten (10) games.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I love how the Canuck fans are going crazy, now blaming both goaltenders instead of their poor offensive showing. It's like the Sedin's are untouchable, even though they showed a subpar performance this series.

Since I have a bunch of Canuck fans, it's quite nice to be able to brag that the Leafs lasted longer than them in the playoffs. Pisses them off quite a bit. :D

I don't know what kind of fans you know, but nobody in here and nobody I know IRL is blaming either goalie for the losses. It's all directed against the skaters or coach or GM.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hansen didn't get suspended for cross-checking the ref either and his was worse :lol. Someone needs to post that gif if they have it at hand, I'm on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom