• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey Soc is this enough frames for you?

iBBvZEKST1gOc.gif

mutherfucka

I think that was before he saw the puck in the net.

Ooo bulletin board material !

So that Stanley Cup was an accident ?

We're not saying it was an accident but the last two years he hasn't made ANY adjustments in the playoffs, to the point of just being ridiculous. There are only so many 4-6 goal games where you never even consider pulling the goalie that it gets a little ridiculous. Even last year, we would literally only pull if the other team also pulled their goalie, regardless of how bad ours was playing. We got Vokoun for a reason and you could see Fleury struggling earlier where you should take note of that before allowing him to give up 3 more goals. He also doesn't seem to have much control in the playoffs since neither year we've shown any real amount of composure and the players seem to get rattled easily and aren't able to refocus.

Socreges

Banned
Solo you're saying the Habs would pick 16th? So when you got eliminated is what matters, not seeding in the reg season? I thought it was the opposite, but the Canucks picking 15th would be a nice silver lining

Merguson

Banned
Solo you're saying the Habs would pick 16th? So when you got eliminated is what matters, not seeding in the reg season? I thought it was the opposite, but the Canucks picking 15th would be a nice silver lining

It's not true. Made a post before.

Saw this and felt the need to point it out.

Since you are divisional winners, the highest draft position you can obtain is 23rd overall.

30th - Cup Winner
29th - Runner-Up
28th - Conference Finals Runner-Up
27th - Conference Finals Runner-Up
Then the remaining divisional winners are seeded.. then the rest of the playoff teams.. then etc etc.

For the Canucks.. I think the highest they can select would be.. 22nd?

Solo

No, I was wrong and was corrected.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Putting my faith in the Rangers to get to game 6 so I can be back in the Garden again Sunday. Sold my ticket for tonight's game for quite a healthy profit, which, added into the credit that's already on my account, makes round 2 free and even pays for part of the Conference Finals. Let's go, Rangers!

Or you guys can lose, and it will all cover several months' worth of payments towards next year's season tickets! Go team!

This is kind of an interesting little map. Caps goals (red) vs. Rangers goals (blue). Circles connected by lines are tip-in/deflection goals.

Not a whole lot of variety from the Blueshirts. :D

It's not a surprising map, you guys didn't start getting things going until you started driving to the net more. Holtby seems to be preventing rebounds from further away shots too.

Heretic

Better get this sorted out before that headline changes to failure.

Not really. We lose on home ice tonight and series is over. At least we might get a shakeup of this offensive juggernaut core.

Quick talking like a fucking loser! You're team is going to go out there and rip the queens a new one! We're ALL rooting for the blues this round!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Great job on the gif Quick, I hope I don't have to see it again Thursday night though :(

Edit: Sorry Heretic, didn't know you were taking another run at the record.

Heretic

I think detroit will beat anaheim. Detroit has barely been mentioned in this playoffs and will thrive as an underdog.

first off, who the fuck are you? second, what the fuck are you talking about? thrid, fuck off. the wings were the media favorites coming into the series.

P.S.
Fuck the queens

Alucard

Banned
It's also hanging over the head of Alucard's bed! :D

You know me well.

Bylsma's a good coach. You can't coach MAF to stop a puck, and it must be a pain in the ass to figure out what the heck has happened to the Pens' D.

Hey, Vokoun is starting in game 5.

Vokoun has played 11 career playoff games, all with the Nashville Predators. Game 5 will be his first playoff action since 2007. He has a career .922 save percentage and one shutout in those 11 contests.

Marc-Andre Fleury started the first four games of the series. He went 2-2 with a 3.40 goals-against average, .891 save percentage and one shutout.

Vokoun will be the first playoff starting goaltender for the Penguins not named Fleury since Johan Hedberg in 2007.

Quick talking like a fucking loser! You're team is going to go out there and rip the queens a new one! We're ALL rooting for the blues this round!

My apologies Sir Hrtc. I didn't mean the losing sentence as an inevitability, just pointing out the consequences of a loss tonight and our inability to beat LA at home. We have to win tonight and it would follow my prediction before the series started: Blues in 7, wins are the home team.

Heretic

My apologies Sir Hrtc. I didn't mean the losing sentence as an inevitability, just pointing out the consequences of a loss tonight and our inability to beat LA at home. We have to win tonight and it would follow my prediction before the series started: Blues in 7, wins are the home team.

#Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom