• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m94ii3FgMi1rw75uwo1_400.jpg

Bruins-GAF has a new fan.

Montresor

I'm thinking about it more and I'm glad I'm not going to the game (under the circumstances I described yesterday). I just finished a 7am-4pm shift at an office job... I wouldn't want to do a 5pm-12am chauffeur job right after. Better to stay home, relax and enjoy the game in HD.

Montresor

Why are so many players shaving or styling their goatees like fashion models? I thought letting your beard grow wild was supposed to be a league-wide tradition in the playoffs.... I'm looking at Plekanec and Ovechkin.

MacAttack

I expect a big game out of Seguin tonight. He has no points through three games but has had some pretty good opportunities. It's only a matter of time before he scores.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why are so many players shaving or styling their goatees like fashion models? I thought letting your beard grow wild was supposed to be a league-wide tradition in the playoffs.... I'm looking at Plekanec and Ovechkin.
Pleks has had the goatee since birth, he never goes full beard.

Red_Man

Stock speaks slowly with a lot of breaks to try and make himself sound smart.

"I'm....not saying......that I'm a..... racist...........but........Subban isn't playing.......how do you say it?...........the......White way"

MacAttack

Never change Sheik.

The Iron Sheik said:
Which name better for the Hockey Toronto Maple Leafs or Toronto Dog shit you fuck your own ass till your blue ass go fuck yourself?

The Dark Side will never win, when will Leafs fans learn...

BJxwM2KCYAEnF1G.jpg:large

UberTag

That's how you tell the winners from the wannabes.
Only the true believers grow their beards the traditional way.

Get on board the Bruins bandwagon while you can people. We've got the Bieber. We've got the Iron Sheik. We've got your mother. Don't deny the inevitable!

Red_Man

Never change Sheik.
:lol :lol :lol

Red_Man where is your god now?????

Subban just said "I wanna beat them, we can win, we're better."
We'll he's right. It's a long shot, but it's true. Everything went against them this series. I've already accepted the fact that the series is over in my own mind. I'm not as upset today as I thought I would be, we went from 15th to 2nd in the East and have one of the best prospects pools in the league. The future is bright.

Also here's a good article on Subban and the ridiculous criticism he's received:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...ckey+world+still+adjusting/8356446/story.html

Montresor

:lol :lol :lol

We'll he's right. It's a long shot, but it's true. Everything went against them this series. I've already accepted the fact that the series is over in my own mind. I'm not as upset today as I thought I would be, we went from 15th to 2nd in the East and have one of the best prospects pools in the league. The future is bright.

Also here's a good article on Subban and the ridiculous criticism he's received:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...ckey+world+still+adjusting/8356446/story.html

Maybe he meant they're better than they've been playing.

Red_Man gave Kadri shit for saying "it's a very, very winnable series" and now Subban says this.

I think it's perfect. Subban's confident attitude is beautiful. I want a player on my team that thinks they'll win every series.

Seriously, you get past the weakened Habs in the first round, you gonna get raped in the second if you don't get those reffing calls and keep playing without the puck for more than two-thirds of the games.

We were supposed to miss the playoffs too.

We might play better as our injured guys (Karlsson & co.) get some of their conditioning back. Decent chance we'll get Spezza at some point too. Who knows ?

Don't even care how far we go. We have a team full of rookies getting valuable playoff experience which will pay off down the road.

Subban just said "I wanna beat them, we can win, we're better."

Well there is a 3rd period PK, game's not over after 40 minutes and you've been outscored 8-0 in that period.

3rd period save percentages in this series: Price - 9 goals on 43 shots (.791). Anderson - 0 goals on 34 shots (1.000).

Your goalie seems to take the period off too.

But it's an interesting match up so far.

Red_Man

Red_Man gave Kadri shit for saying "it's a very, very winnable series" and now Subban says this.

I think it's perfect. Subban's confident attitude is beautiful. I want a player on my team that thinks they'll win every series.
I still don't like players making statements like this, but there's a couple differences here:

Subban is correct in that they've been the better team through most of the games, and he's saying this when the series is tied 3-1. Nothing to lose now. Kadri said this at the beginning of a series that hadn't started and with a team that Toronto is unanimously a notch below. Kadri has also done jack shit so far, while aside from game 3 PK has been the Habs best player.

Decent chance we'll get Spezza at some point too.
I wouldn't call "Skating with no timetable for return" a "decent chance"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Oh lol, I forgot about that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still don't like players making statements like this, but there's a couple differences here:

Subban is correct in that they've been the better team through most of the games, and he's saying this when the series is tied 3-1. Nothing to lose now. Kadri said this at the beginning of a series that hadn't started and with a team that Toronto is unanimously a notch below. Kadri has also done jack shit so far, while aside from game 3 PK has been the Habs best player.

Nice try at a swerve but no it's the same thing.

Good try though.

Solo

I do believe the Habs have only come back from 3-1 twice in their 104 year history. Strangely enough, both were recent. 2004, vs Boston, and 2010, vs Washington.

Someone can correct me if I've missed other occurrences.

Same thing they said about Karlsson and Cowen. They're not going to advertise if/when he is coming back. He looked pretty good in the video that TSN showed. Not like he is doing casual laps on the ice or anything.

Solo

Same thing they said about Karlsson and Cowen. They're not going to advertise if/when he is coming back. He looked pretty good in the video that TSN showed. Not like he is doing casual laps on the ice or anything.

If Habs could somehow do the impossible and win the series, I wonder if Eller would return for Round 2.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I do believe the Habs have only come back from 3-1 twice in their 104 year history. Strangely enough, both were recent. 2004, vs Boston, and 2010, vs Washington.

Someone can correct me if I've missed other occurrences.

How many other teams can say they've come back from 3-1 twice since the NHL's inception, pretty good odds for the Habs there.

Cake Boss

Banned

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
MacLean says Spezza is skating and "it's gone beyond public skating. He's into the next stage of his rehab."

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
It does not sound like Spezza's return is imminent; but this has obviously been trending in the right direction.

The club is very secretive with the injuries this season.

They change from day to day, one day their season look to be finished, the other day they are on the ice.

See:

Cowen
Karlsson
Michalek
Stone
Zibenejad etc

I am not saying he is 100% expected to be back next week, but wouldnt surprise me one bit if hes back at the 2nd round (if we make it). That was his original return date anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom