• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
mA8DiDX.gif

LOL!

Oh well. Fucking shit.

cube444

You know me well.

Bylsma's a good coach. You can't coach MAF to stop a puck, and it must be a pain in the ass to figure out what the heck has happened to the Pens' D.

Hey, Vokoun is starting in game 5.

Vokoun has played 11 career playoff games, all with the Nashville Predators. Game 5 will be his first playoff action since 2007. He has a career .922 save percentage and one shutout in those 11 contests.

Marc-Andre Fleury started the first four games of the series. He went 2-2 with a 3.40 goals-against average, .891 save percentage and one shutout.

Vokoun will be the first playoff starting goaltender for the Penguins not named Fleury since Johan Hedberg in 2007.

Change had to be made but Vokoun "ain't winning no Cup."

Marvie_3

Banned
Vokoun has played 11 career playoff games, all with the Nashville Predators. Game 5 will be his first playoff action since 2007. He has a career .922 save percentage and one shutout in those 11 contests.

Marc-Andre Fleury started the first four games of the series. He went 2-2 with a 3.40 goals-against average, .891 save percentage and one shutout.
You really think Vokoun's numbers are going to hold up behind Pittsburgh's defense?

first off, who the fuck are you? second, what the fuck are you talking about? thrid, fuck off. the wings were the media favorites coming into the series.

P.S.
Fuck the queens

Wings barely made the playoffs, media favorites, by whom? Barry Melrose? lol. Detroit has always been hyped for the last 15 years, but not this year, sorry.

And why are you asking who I am? Well let's say that I watched hockey since the late 80s. I am 34 years old.

Alucard

Banned
You really think Vokoun's numbers are going to hold up behind Pittsburgh's defense?

I just have my fingers crossed at this point and have almost zero expectations as a fan. If the Pens get knocked out by the Isles, all laughing and criticism will be warranted and deserved, and the season will be considered an embarrassing failure.

It was a very borderline call. I've seen that type of goal called both ways. Thems the breaks though :p

People blaming the loss on that however...that is hilarious.

Heretic

Wings barely made the playoffs, media favorites, by whom? Barry Melrose? lol. Detroit has always been hyped for the last 15 years, but not this year, sorry.

And why are you asking who I am? Well let's say that I watched hockey since the late 80s. I am 34 years old.

You're full of shit. Hockey didn't exist back then, sucka!!!

And the wings were the media favorites. Only on gaf were the Ducks chosen over the wings.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It was a very borderline call. I've seen that type of goal called both ways. Thems the breaks though :p

Yeah, I don't blame the loss on that. We sat back and allowed the Sens back in it. Still sucks regardless. If it went the other way I'm sure Sens fans would feel the same way.

I wouldn't blame the loss on that, evidently. We should have put the third goal in. But let's be honest and put it another way: without those dubious icing calls, that faceoff incident and that kicking motion call, well, you lose this game. And you'd deserve it for not showing up for two thirds of the game.

Seriously, you get past the weakened Habs in the first round, you gonna get raped in the second if you don't get those reffing calls and keep playing without the puck for more than two-thirds of the games.

I wouldn't blame the loss on that, evidently. We should have put the third goal in. But let's be honest and put it another way: without those dubious icing calls, that faceoff incident and that kicking motion call, well, you lose this game. And you'd deserve it for not showing up for two thirds of the game.

Seriously, you get past the weakened Habs in the first round, you gonna get raped in the second if you don't get those reffing calls and keep playing without the puck for more than two-thirds of the games.

Or we could be leading them 4-1, let them meltdown and cruise to victory.

Series can tell you a lot of things.

Yeah, I don't blame the loss on that. We sat back and allowed the Sens back in it. Still sucks regardless. If it went the other way I'm sure Sens fans would feel the same way.

I was extremely surprised when they called it a goal tbh, looked like a kicking motion to me at the game. but after watching some replays, it really could have gone either way.

I don't put much thought into how the officiating goes. Shitty breaks and lucky calls are bound to happen, it's pretty much part of the game. An instigator call on Gallagher in game 3 and a suspension for Bourque, and who knows how the habs would've played yesterday.

Habs sat back hard in the third, I would rather put responsibility on shitty coaching rather than tough breaks (which were indirectly caused by the decision to sit back).

Also, playoff Alfie is back! Old man was a fucking beast last night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't see either Habs or Sens winning a 2nd round after this series. This is what I was afraid would have happened had Montreal played Toronto. Waking up to a Canucks sweep made me a feel a little better, and seeing local goblin Couture playing well is nice.

Gallagher will absolutely be captain one day, but Subban will NEVER be captain. He has passion and talent out the wazoo, but you can tell he's not a guy anyone on the team would rally behind. I think they tolerate him rather than love him.
I honestly think Subban can, and in a year after Gio is done may be the best guy for it. Gallgher is way too nice of a guy to be captain, we need a guy who will confront the media and the team while leading on the ice by example by showing up when it matters. Subban can do all of that, and he's showed a lot of maturity this year. Plus he'll be a Hab for life barring another Roy situation.

Did you really just make a post that is nothing but another person's post and a reply to said post (which were a whole 2 minutes apart), stitched together with "see"?
His post are garbage so he has to refer to other peoples.

Edit: Grats to Acid on the sweep

Sanjuro

I never left. Oh you meant at the ACC... well, considering that one could fly to Boston from Toronto and get Bruins tickets for less than it would take to pay for tickets to the game in Toronto...

Both are pretty pricey. Right now I'm craving Haltime Pizza and their 32oz beers.

actually quite a bit, yeah. and they all got massively booed. all in good fun though. pleasant atmosphere down here.

If I was up there would head down there. At least you guys can drink in public!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom