• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
iZN1tSVFU0JB1.gif
http://i.minus.com/i81mJlWBw2D7R.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]Half-assed it.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Thank you, kinda mad we didn't do a backflip though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why Crosby is in there. To me, the most valuable player should be someone you absolutely cannot do without, someone utterly indispensable to the team.

Ovechkin and Tavares were clearly that for the Caps and Isles this year. Neither team makes the playoffs without their respective star, but the Pens did pretty fucking fine without Crosby.

I don't understand why Crosby is in there. To me, the most valuable player should be someone you absolutely cannot do without, someone utterly indispensable to the team.

Ovechkin and Tavares were clearly that for the Caps and Isles this year. Neither team makes the playoffs without their respective star, but the Pens did pretty fucking fine without Crosby.

Crosby is there because Bettman is trying to copy the NBA's star marketing plan. The same way the NBA constantly pushes LeBron James as the best player ever, the NHL is going to give this totally undeserved award to Crosby so that next year the can hyped him up as the reigning Hart trophy winner in TV commercials.

ShaneB

It's a toss up for Ovie and Tavares for me. Not long ago I said Ovie would've been a lock, but I'd be perfectly fine with Tavares winning it as well with how the Islanders are impacted with him in the lineup.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@jonasTSN1050: Brad Marchand this morning: "After that first game they've pretty much taken over the series." Felt Bruins got "lucky" in game 4.

fallout

I think Tavares wins it. Crosby and Ovi already have Harts. Crosby one played 75% of the season. Ovi only tried for 50% of the season.
When Ovechkin wasn't playing well, the Caps were terrible. As soon as he turned it on, the rest of the team took off with him. Green coming back helped out too, but I'd argue that the entire team went down and up with his play.

Samyy

@jonasTSN1050: Brad Marchand this morning: "After that first game they've pretty much taken over the series." Felt Bruins got "lucky" in game 4.

It actually has been a night and day difference since last year and this year in regards to how we play against Boston.

Jon Snow does know things hue

Hart Finalists

Tavares, Crosby, Ovechkin

Pens had a winning record without Crosby, so either Tavares or Ovi get it.

(Im running out of awards to announce)

Ovechkin should win this easily. He was by far the biggest impact to his team and his absurd level of play was the only thing that made his team relevant and make it into the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

And yet my Leafs hating friends call me crazy that I won't admit that Boston has dominated Toronto the entire series.

I can't see how you can say Crosby wasn't a huge impact to the team, regardless of whether we won without him or not. He missed almost a quarter of the season and he only lost the lead in assists and points by like 2 or 3 even with the people passing him playing all 48 games. To make it sound like he didn't have a huge impact this year is beyond stupid.

Looks like we are getting some payback from the hockey gods for losing Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson etc. for most of the year. We managed to survive long enough for everyone to return.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Good for Johnny, but I don't think he'll win it. Truth is the Isles only made their surge to get into the playoffs when the Bailey - Nielsen - Okposo line started heating up.

This is true, the impact of Nabakov playing well had a lot to do with the Isles success also.

That being said, JT did have 47 points in 48 games, 15 goals on the road (Isles set a franchise record for road winning percentage this year) and 5 game winners. He deserves the nomination, even though Ovechkin is the clear winner.

I'm guessing there will be a Hart in JT's future, just not this year.

And the Pens continued to head towards the #1 seed after he was injured. What is your point?

Ya, you're right. People who only lose their lead in assists and points in the last couple of games in the season after playing about 12 games less obviously have no impact on their team or its performance.

Jayhawk

People complaining about Crosby or Ovechkin possibly winning the Hart even though their dominance was limited for only a portion of the season forget how players in the past like Corey Perry won their trophies.

Solo

BJ3v8tJCYAIxSPE.jpg

The Great Dane!

Looks fucking wasted (can you blame him? He was watching the Habs get destroyed, that'd drive me to drink!) :lol

Looks no worse for wear though. Great sign.

Ya, you're right. People who only lose their lead in assists and points in the last couple of games in the season after playing about 12 games less obviously have no impact on their team or its performance.
That's great for him to almost have won the Ross despite being out for so long but that isn't going to convince me that he should win it over Ovi or Tavares, not by a long stretch

Solo

Hawks fans: tell me about Bickell and Stahlberg. They seem to be the 2 latests obsessions of Habs fans at HF Boards, and I want to know if I should be laughing, and how much I should be laughing.

Hawks fans: tell me about Bickell and Stahlberg. They seem to be the 2 latests obsessions of Habs fans at HF Boards, and I want to know if I should be laughing, and how much I should be laughing.
Both have been more reliable this year. But that isn't saying much when you're looking at their production in the last couple years. Stalberg is fast but when he's using that speed on a breakaway more often than not he'll miss the net by a couple feet.

Bickell is starting to be more of a physical presence, which is good because it gives him something to do

ShaneB

It was discussed on various panels, but the Hart to me is MVP, most VALUABLE player. The Pens are a great team without Crosby, Crosby may just be the leagues most outstanding player, but Ovie and Tavares are clearly more valuable to their team, in my opinion.

I'd be wary of paying money for players who produce on a stacked team. They probably won't do as well elsewhere.

It was discussed on various panels, but the Hart to me is MVP, most VALUABLE player. The Pens are a great team without Crosby, Crosby may just be the leagues most outstanding player, but Ovie and Tavares are clearly more valuable to their team, in my opinion.

Tavares should win it IMO. The guy gets little recognition for how good he is playing on a shoestring budget team like the Islanders.

Ovechkin as well, but seeing Ovie coasting on that goal I find it hard to give him an award, especially when he wears a C.

Solo

:lol :lol :lol

Not in a million years are the Hawks EVER trading Toews, and especially not for Morgan Reilly.

Toews will be a career Hawk.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey Hawks fans, maybe you can provide some insight on what the Leaf fans on Hfboards are proposing

HFboards nuff said.

If you really wanted to discuss that:

Toews for Rielly, Gardiner, 2 firsts, another top prospect we have and someone off our regular roster of forwards then MAYBE the Hawks would think about it before they laughed and said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom