• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
lol no.

As for the team, my expectations is don't get swept by the Pens, if we can win 1 game, I will be happy.

After watching the game last night, when the Pens are rolling their lines they should crush any team they play. Anderson gonna stand on his head though.

Conceptor

A little early, but I won't get a chance to post this later. Go Leafs!!! If tonight's the end, so be it and well played Bruins - but I'd love for them to push to a game 6 for one last home game.

After watching the game last night, when the Pens are rolling their lines they should crush any team they play. Anderson gonna stand on his head though.

They haven't exactly been crushing the Islanders up until last night so I don't think they will be crushing us either.

Islanders might even be winning the series if not for Nabakov's .847 SV%

if spez came back

Conacher Spezza Michalek
Greening Turris Alfredsson
Zibanejad Pageau Silfverberg
Condra Smith Neil

depth baby. Depth.

Alucard

Banned
NaboLOLv.
i-11.jpg

Pens still have a lot of work to do. This series isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.

Alucard

Banned
From Puck Daddy:

• Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne believe the Hart Trophy voting is a product of EAST COAST BIAS. "The only time the media in the East sees anyone in the West is when we play them," Getzlaf said. "You're not going to see our games, the media, staying up to 1 or 2 in the morning to watch." Which obviously explains why neither Corey Perry nor Henrik Sedin has ever won the Hart.

IT'S ON.

Heretic

From Puck Daddy:

• Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne believe the Hart Trophy voting is a product of EAST COAST BIAS. "The only time the media in the East sees anyone in the West is when we play them," Getzlaf said. "You're not going to see our games, the media, staying up to 1 or 2 in the morning to watch." Which obviously explains why neither Corey Perry nor Henrik Sedin has ever won the Hart.

IT'S ON.

It's true.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I spent the last 2 hours actually working.

I'm burned out and now comes to excitement and worry for the game tonight.

NHL also announced if the Leafs win tonight game 6 will be at 7:30pm on Sunday.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll continue to freak the fuck out.

Alucard

Banned
and crosby missed 1/3 of the season. Penguins did just fine without him as well.

Best points per game in the league on the best point-producing line in the league, and because Sidney Crosby. Accept it.

Fun historical fact about this year's Hart candidates: this is the first time ever that all three were former #1 picks.

ZeroGravity

8 games

First 8 games - 2 goals and 1 assist

Last 40 games - 30 goals and 23 assists
His play was still shit almost halfway through the season even if he was getting points. The game where he played his worst and Milbury called him out came at the very end of February.

He didn't start playing until March.

UberTag

Based on PPG performance and +/- alone, Crosby deserves to be in that group of Hart noms.
I have no problem with the west taking shots at Mr. "Controller Disconnected", though.

I'd probably put Toews up ahead of either Ovy, Getzlaf or Teemu.
I think you could also make a strong case for Pavel Datsyuk or Sergei Bobrovsky.

Montresor

Leaf fans, it's now do or die. I think we can win tonight and force a game six at home!!! I'm not pumped... I'm really nervous. But I can't wait for this game to start.

Surge

I spent the last 2 hours actually working.

I'm burned out and now comes to excitement and worry for the game tonight.

NHL also announced if the Leafs win tonight game 6 will be at 7:30pm on Sunday.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll continue to freak the fuck out.

I was hoping for a Saturday afternoon game, that is if they win tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
From Puck Daddy:

IT'S ON.

True.

Hart Trophy != Art Ross.

Also true. Yes, Crosby puts up great numbers, we all know this. That's not what the Hart is about. Pens did fine without Crosby, so he's not as valuable to his team as others. I'd argue Bobrovsky over him, as well as maybe Toewa&Getzlaf.

Alucard

Banned
As much as we say the Hart is for the MVP to his team, we all know it's usually for whom the media deems to be the best in the game in a particular season. What "best" means is subjective, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom