• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ference out tonight. Redden may be as well.

Oh dear.

Thanks to anyone who wished me well for my birthday (that was quite the drunk post I put up late Friday night). Congrats to the actual longterm Pens fans of Pens-Gaf, you know who you are. Pens/Sens should be an exciting series.

Despite heartbreaking OT loss at home, very proud of this Islanders team, showed a lot, and will only get better with Strome, Neidereitter, Reinhart, and de Haan waiting in the wings. Hopefully we can grab a good goalkeeper this offseason. I'll see y'all in the off season thread.

My celebration gif, once more, as a send off to a great season for my Islanders
T7smA.gif
May I interest you in a Scott Clemmensen.

Montresor

Can't wait for live video of the Maple Leafs square and AAC emptying out early once Boston takes a big lead.

Like I said last week, I can understand this sentiment completely. I suppressed many a "Unf unf unf" and "Hhhnnnnngggg" when the Habs were eliminated at home, but I was ecstatic.

Well with how this series has went, this should be a Ducks win.

Game 1 - Ducks
Game 2 - Wings
Game 3 - Ducks
Game 4 - Wings
Game 5 - Ducks
Game 6 - Wings
Game 7 - Ducks? It only makes sense.

I'm hoping the Leafs win this series just so Bruins fans can just shut up for once. Bruins-GAF isn't bad, I think you're all cool. But Bruins fans on hfboards are smug as shit and I would love nothing more than for their team to be eliminated by our lowly Leafs and our high school goaltender.

Although fuck the Wings, etc etc, the Ducks have consistently given the Hawks trouble this year and potentially playing them in the Yoffs kind of scares me. Hmmm

Also, it's Mothers Day. Call your mothers, grandmas, whatever if you can't be there with them and tell em you love them and junk

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Eaves is in for Emmerton tonight... Which means Sammy is centering the 4th line................................. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The odds say Canadian teams should have won 4-5 Cups in the last 20 years.

There been 4 great teams too

Vancouver(recent), toronto(10 years ago), Montreal (5 years ago) and ottawa (10 years ago)

All of them chokers

Or really

All of them were high offense teams with ok defense - really every one of those teams failings

Edmonton, ottawa and Calgary all made the finals and failed

Defense defense defense

There been 4 great teams too

Vancouver(recent), toronto(10 years ago), Montreal (5 years ago) and ottawa (10 years ago)

All of them chokers

Or really

All of them were high offense teams with ok defense - really every one of those teams failings

Edmonton, ottawa and Calgary all made the finals and failed

Defense defense defense

Ottawa was in the final 6 years ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Eaves is in for Emmerton tonight... Which means Sammy is centering the 4th line................................. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ

And he has a no-trade clause.

Ken Holland, ladies and gentlemen.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also before all this hockey-talk starts, I agree the new Vampire Weekend is pretty decent. Not quite as good/ear-catchy as Imagine Dragons, but it's good. Will go on my phone, but won't get constant replay.

pringles

What a weird choice. Emmerton hasn't been bad. Maybe Babcock figures that "veteran presence" of Bert and Sammy will help in a game 7.

I have no idea what will happen tonight. Could be a blowout either way, could be yet another OT game. This series is too unpredictable. Most things point in the Ducks favor but that doesn't have to mean the'll win.

I hate the late start time so not sure I'll watch it live or afterwards..

And he has a no-trade clause.

Ken Holland, ladies and gentlemen.
He doesn't have a no-buyout clause.

Don't let me down this summer Kenny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom