• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

I love how no Wings fan are.watching the game it seems.
I will, somehow. But I have a plane to catch at 11am and I guess the game will end at about 7am. So that would give me 2-3 hours sleep at most.

Not that I haven't done things like that before because of the Wings...

Revenant

New Queens comin, too

We're so close

MzRdS.gif

Parch

Sounds about right, but the last four chances failed.

CGY, EDM, OTT, VAN. :- FAIL
Making the final is still a significant accomplishment. That's no easy task and a lot more than most teams have done.

There's definitely a swing towards defensive play in the playoffs now. A purely offensive team is not going to win a cup. There are some players who are regular season producers and disappear in the playoffs. It's a different game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hillen gets high sticked no call.

He pushes Callahan and the refs automatically call it.
It was a retaliation penalty. The Rangers got called for one of those in the last game too.

Our miserable PP is what's going to eliminate us. Otherwise good pressure for most of that period. We couldn't keep up the pressure last game. We have to today.

rellix

Yeah. Wouldn't be too hard to repurpose would it?
I transferred hosts and changed php frameworks so it was pretty much rendered useless.

Beyond that, I didn't really use neogaf much this season.. at all so I sort of felt like I was overstepping bounds by spamming it again. Could have sworn someone else was making one when I did glance over here.

I did make a rushed version for another site at http://timgur.com/nhl/playoffs/xerq that's actually pretty superior to the old one.

If you guys want I can try to whip one up for you guys for round 2+ before it starts.

I transferred hosts and changed php frameworks so it was pretty much rendered useless.

Beyond that, I didn't really use neogaf much this season.. at all so I sort of felt like I was overstepping bounds by spamming it again. Could have sworn someone else was making one when I did glance over here.

I did make a rushed version for another site at http://timgur.com/nhl/playoffs/xerq that's actually pretty superior to the old one.

If you guys want I can try to whip one up for you guys for round 2+ before it starts.

If you want, I'd use it. I know others were asking too earlier.

UberTag

No Ference or Redden in the lineup tonight for the Bruins.
Not planning on wearing the jersey I wore for Games 1, 3 & 4 tonight, either... although I suppose I could still be talked into it.

Mii

Banned
What is NBC's strategy showing the game on CNBC when cycling is on NBCSN?

Does cycling get more viewers than playoff hockey these days?

rellix

What is NBC's strategy showing the game on CNBC when cycling is on NBCSN?

Does cycling get more viewers than playoff hockey these days?
They don't want to risk the confusion of starting a game on CNBC if the caps go to ot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
GREAT second period. Haven't seen the Rangers play a second like that in a long time.

Gonna need an insurance goal, though. Caps are too dangerous to be beaten with just 1 goal.

rellix

Caps have had some decent chances this period, but Rangers have been dominating.
They did? Other than the lundqvist/Ovechkin gaffe, I saw nothing. Rangers just collapse to the point that the caps have to shoot with 4 or 5 bodies in the way.
Those aren't realistic chances.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers goal now credited to Brassard from Moore and Zuccarello.

Poor Nasher is gonna have to do some more work to get his first goal of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom