• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Why is your avatar still Peyton Manning?

Honestly? Because I switched to a Mac, was used to using Paint.net and absolutely hate GIMP (I know paint.net is based off GIMP but it's much more intuitive). So I haven't found a good simple image editing application (haven't spent much effort).

I wish Mac had an equivalent of just MS Paint to do quick photo crops and resize without having to load into a library.

RC

Banned
Honestly? Because I switched to a Mac, was used to using Paint.net and absolutely hate GIMP (I know paint.net is based off GIMP but it's much more intuitive). So I haven't found a good simple image editing application (haven't spent much effort).

I wish Mac had an equivalent of just MS Paint to do quick photo crops and resize without having to load into a library.

Is that your not so subtle way of asking NHL-GAF to make you an avatar? Because that can be arranged.

Tabris

Anybody that resorts to anything related to 'abortion' as a mouthpiece insult is a piece of shit, so if I'm gonna go down that path if it makes Tabris shut up and own it myself as a consequence.

That's all we ever wanted.

Seriously? What is it about posting things like DESTINY when I'm excited about my teams chances, my adoration of the Sedins, or having very differing opinions brings so much vehement hate out of you?

Was there something specific I directed at you outside things like Ducks suck / Red Wings going to beat Ducks or just messing around with you with jokes about your team, that got you so angry? Sorry if I offended you but please put me on ignore if you can't forgive and get past it.

Is that your not so subtle way of asking NHL-GAF to make you an avatar? Because that can be arranged.

Haha, I'm good. Thanks though! That was just my long excuse for not having an NHL themed avatar yet. I'll get my Sedins up there soon.

Heretic

What avatar did you have in mind, Tabris?

I think he wanted this one:

r

Tabris

Too obvious, Tabris. Try again.

lol I tried.

I'm not kidding, by the way, if you actually want a new avatar.

Also, here's a link to 10 free photoshop alternatives., and you could ask around in the OS X apps thread, too (not to pimp out my own thread or anything).

Do you actually use that Pixelmator app as that looks good?

Nah, you just annoy the hell out of me.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing I can do about that. Thing about life, is there will be people who's personality you just don't like or who will annoy you. Gotta learn to deal instead of reacting like you are. Please put me on ignore so you don't have to see my annoying posts.

Clydefrog

on top of the Kings losing, I had diarrhea after the game from the terrible pizza I ate. Then something else happened but I'd rather not say. I'm up at 1:30 AM and not feeling well.

RC

Banned
on top of the Kings losing, I had diarrhea after the game from the terrible pizza I ate. Then something else happened but I'd rather not say. I'm up at 1:30 AM and not feeling well.

Oh common, we're all friends here. Did you get spurned by your lady love?

The only part I liked about that was the first part. I hope the next Kings loss isn't that bad. And remember - never EVER have pizza with seafood on it.

Solo

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, another whole day before Habs/Sens stasrts :_(

Oh well, guess I can get lots of laughs from Bruins/Leafs tonight.

Sounds like the Wings team that showed up to play yesterday wasn't the same one who won 4 straight to end the season. Oh well, if they don't fix that problem then this series will be over quick. There is always next game which I will miss again because of the stupid west coast.

I would love if I could post in this thread my opinions (no matter how much everyone disagrees with them) without being insulted or having to come back to trash talk.

No, I'm not going to filter my opinions. It would be cool if you could just ignore what you don't want to discuss or dislike and let's all of us be more civil. There's usually always someone here that will respond so I can understand the other side and debate if I disagree.

"Oh no, Tabris is posting something I completely disagree with! He is the worst person in the world because of his crazy opinions and statements about NHL hockey! It makes me so mad, ARGH!"

I cant speak for everyone but it seems like a lot of the time people respond harshly to you is when you come in and make some crazy ridiculous post and then cant understand why people dont respond seriously to it. Trolling isnt the right word for what you do but it is similar to that and people tend to respond negatively to that kind of stuff. Plus you dont do your self any favors by rooting for one man's sperm in the football thread, it makes you seem like a joke character and I would think most people are not going to try to have a real discourse with a joke poster. Look at how people respond to people like lunchbox.

Razorskin

----- ------
Nathan Beaulieu and his dad both charged with 2 counts of assaults. You fucking dummies.

It's like Manics always says, beat your wife not your kids, she doesn't fight back.

edit: nvm they didn't fight each other, but Manics would still say that.

Stasis

And I'm back from rural ass Pennsylvania. I really missed this thread with all it's awesome gifs and up to date info on shit that went down across the league.

Penguins@Blackhawks gonna be an outdoor game next year confirmed

NHL said:
Outdoor hockey will return to Chicago when the Chicago Blackhawks host the Pittsburgh Penguins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 1, 2014, at Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, the NHL announced Wednesday.

The event is part of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series, in which the NHL plans to play a number of regular-season games in outdoor facilities during the 2013-14 season. The NHL intends to announce more outdoor regular-season games in the coming weeks.

"Our fans and our teams love outdoor games and we are thrilled the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series will present a number of these experiences to a large number of our fans in a variety of National Hockey League markets," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "The Chicago game, at Soldier Field, will be a match-up of two recent Stanley Cup champions at an iconic stadium. We thank the Blackhawks and Penguins, Coors Light, Soldier Field and everyone involved in what will be a memorable, exciting and fun event."

The Soldier Field game will mark the second time the Blackhawks will host an outdoor regular-season game. At the 2009 Winter Classic, 40,818 packed Wrigley Field, plus thousands of other fans filled the famed rooftop seats across the street from the ballpark, to watch the Detroit Red Wings beat the Blackhawks 6-4.

"The Chicago Blackhawks are privileged to be included in the National Hockey League's Stadium Series," Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough said. "Hosting the Pittsburgh Penguins at iconic Soldier Field promises to be a unique experience for our organization and our fans."

The Penguins will be taking part in their third outdoor game. They beat the Buffalo Sabres 2-1 in a shootout in the first Winter Classic, in 2008 at Ralph Wilson Stadium, home of the Buffalo Bills, and in 2011 lost 3-1 to the Washington Capitals in a game played at Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"The Penguins are excited to be selected for the NHL Stadium Series in Chicago, and it will be a special honor for our players to be able to skate at Soldier Field," David Morehouse, CEO and president of the Penguins, said. "Soldier Field is one of the iconic venues in our country, a stadium that's filled with so much sports history. We look forward to writing a new chapter with the Blackhawks on March 1."

This will be second time hockey has been played at Soldier Field, which opened in 1924. On Feb. 17, 52,051 watched four college teams play a doubleheader dubbed the Hockey City Classic -- Notre Dame beat Miami University in one game, and the University of Wisconsin beat the University of Minnesota in the second.

"Returning hockey to where it originated, in the cold elements of an outdoor rink, by playing at Soldier Field in Chicago will no doubt be a game the players will have circled on next season's schedule," said Mathieu Schneider, NHLPA Special Assistant to the Executive Director. "This will be a great event for hockey fans in Chicago and Pittsburgh, and one that they won't soon forget."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=668718

ShaneB

Today is the 20th anniversary of nik borschevsky's overtime goal that eliminated detroit.

I remember watching that game with my Dad, and I remember going crazy when that goal was scored, jumping out of the old navy blue recliner I was sitting in and jumpin around like a madman. I still remember how it seemed like he tipped that shot in from a mile away.

And soon, the 20th anniversary of this:

And a great run from the Habs to win that year as well, we all love Playoff OT's, the habs that year were remarkable in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom