• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

10-0 in overtime in one playoff run. Legendary.

It's still baffling to think about. It seems insane to think of any team now to feel like a lock in OT during the playoffs. Definitely some magic going on with that 93 Habs team.

the wings took stupid, pointless penalties all season long, so i doesn't see why they would stop now. terrible.

selanne always rapes the wings on the powerplay, so no surprise there.

oh well. come out better in game 2 and make it a series.

It was worth sacrificing the pissed Steen interview, that's for sure.

Did you watch the interview with Federko? Wins the game and still ice cold in the interview. He wasn't pissed, he's just all business. Steen needs an A on his jersey. He has the right attitude and the rest of the team should take note and follow.

Curufinwe

That was also back in the wear-whites-at-home era.

The way it should be.

I can't wait for this year's first Playoff Whiteout where all the fans in the stadium support the home team by dressing in the color the opposing team is wearing. It's the dumbest thing in sports.

Merguson

Banned
Did you watch the interview with Federko? Wins the game and still ice cold in the interview. He wasn't pissed, he's just all business. Steen needs an A on his jersey. He has the right attitude and the rest of the team should take note and follow.

Uh.. I thought I saw him with a "A" on his jersey last night.

Solo

The way it should be.

I don't want to get into this debate for the hundred and first time (lol) but I completely disagree. Darks at home. It's the way things were in the old days and I'm glad its that way again.

I can't wait for this year's first Playoff Whiteout where all the fans in the stadium support the home team by dressing in the main the opposing team is wearing. It's the dumbest thing in sports.

On this matter.....easy solution. Don't hand out fucking WHITE towels, teams! In Montreal, hand out red, in Philly, orange, in Boston, black, etc.

belvedere

Junior Butler

Wat? Compared to his normal composure for interviews he was ecstatic Steen lol. And Schwartz was amazing. I really expected him to get pushed around by the Kings, but he eluded them all.

Next game we can't blow so many opportunities though.

TUSR

Banned
I wanted to buy secret of mana to play on the shitter at work but its 9$ on the App Store still.

Penguins don't even need Crosby for the islanders.

Chris Hansen's 'Balsilly' should never have been. You'd think that he would have witnessed at least a bit of the Phoenix drama and approached the situation at least a little differently. I do wonder if Hansen's group will try for a NHL team (provided Seattle doesn't pull out of the arena deal) and simply wait for things in Sacramento to completely fall apart.

ShaneB

On this matter.....easy solution. Don't hand out fucking WHITE towels, teams! In Montreal, hand out red, in Philly, orange, in Boston, black, etc.

This is why I love watching Caps home games. It's just that sea of that lovely deep red that I think looks so great.

This is why I love watching Caps home games. It's just that sea of that lovely deep red that I think looks so great.

Part of this is also because they rebranded recently and have a really astroturf fanbase. I think it's cool to look at too, but in practice the environment at the games pales in comparison to real hockey towns.

ShaneB

Part of this is also because they rebranded recently and have a really astroturf fanbase. I think it's cool to look at too, but in practice the environment at the games pales in comparison to real hockey towns.

Eh, my comment is mainly just focusing on aesthetics and how great I think that sea of red looks. From a television viewer standpoint, it just looks really cool to see that amount of uniformity (pun intended I guess).

The opposite end of the spectrum being how hard I found it to watch any of the playoff games in Nashville with that sea of ugly mustard overshadowing the on ice play.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I heard he's undefeated against the Bruins!

You heard right. Just take away 2 losses during his post concussion starts and 2 games this year and a shootout loss.

Frankly I'm surprised the Bruins haven't just forfeited by now. All Reimer does is win!

Wat? Compared to his normal composure for interviews he was ecstatic Steen lol. And Schwartz was amazing. I really expected him to get pushed around by the Kings, but he eluded them all.

Next game we can't blow so many opportunities though.

You usually get a smile out of most Blues players in interviews. You don't see that with Steen. You can get a smile out of Jackman before you could out of Steen and Jackman is a serial killer. We need to send a thank you letter to the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom