• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just getting off work now. I hope I'll make it home to at least catch the third... :/

There was a maximum of 5 seconds between the blocked shot and the whistle. You expect 30,000 plus with a variety of viewing angles to see exactly what you saw on your HD TV?

GIve me a break, seriously. The fucking guy was sprawled out on the ice like he was dead, you telling me the crowd can't see that?

calder

Because they remember when their guy played an entire shift on a broken leg and the refs refused to blow the whistle in the last series, and the ref blew this whistle two seconds after this injury when the Bruins were on a breakaway.

A breakaway that happened BECAUSE of the injury to Shaw.

Marvie_3

Banned
In that instant, there is no way to determine how badly the player was injured.

Campbell broke his leg blocking a shot and there was no whistle.

Campbell was still fucking skating around. Shaw was dripping blood and down on the ice. There's a big fucking difference.

Worried, that was extremely one sided and they only have one goal to show for it

edit: damnit Jabee

Worried about what? If you are cheering for the Bruins you shouldn't be because the Bruins absolutely crushed the Hawks that period and if they play like that they will suffocate the Hawks and win.

Marvie_3

Banned
Worried about what? If you are cheering for the Bruins you shouldn't be because the Bruins absolutely crushed the Hawks that period and if they play like that they will suffocate the Hawks and win.

Not hard to dominate a team thats skating around with their heads up their asses.

calder

The ref probably saw the fucking pool of blood on the ice and decided to stop play.

Yeah 8.1 is pretty clear:
When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.

ATF487

It's unlikely that the Hawks going to play the next two periods that terribly, though. You have to finish your chances when you're dictating the run of play

edit: also I am a Bruins fan

Top Bottom