• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Really great to hear, I was disappointed every time you gave an update and he was still in.

Good to hear he's doing better! All the best to you guys.

Glad to hear it, man, super happy he's picking up.

Thanks for the kind works from all of you! Was scary just knowing how sudden it all felt.

Why does one need to avoid the other? I can't imagine there being a huge overlap between the two events :|

In any event, you do what you can to make sure you're the only game on. Being up directly against the NBA finals is a ratings disaster in the making, so just avoid it.

AlexMogil

Wut?

Most of the Vancouver fans didn't want AV to be let go. And if you were referring to the team itself, Gillis is gone, so "Vancouver" isn't really going to be shown anything.

Definitely agree about Torts though. Hate that guy.

i didn't want him to be let go either, that's my point. so we get a hard nosed coach for a finesse team. that didn't work out.

Bless you LA media.

BpJeGxvCYAE_7eW.jpg:small

BpJb1ORCAAEZZ05.jpg:small

BpJb1M_CEAEj3i0.jpg:small

JDeluis

I see where you're coming from now. I was using the term bandwagoner more loosely. Fair weather is definitely the better way to describe it if we're going to differentiate the two like that. There are bandwagoners everywhere, but yeah, in general I would agree that most Round 3 Kings fans wouldn't trade their Kings hats in for Hawks hats if they had lost last night. They just would have disappeared altogether until another Cup run.

This can be applied to any other team fans. If the Kings had lost, I too what have stopped watching. Why would I give a fuck who wins the cup if my favorite team isn't in it. I can use that time to watch Dodger games. I love hockey, but I have little interest in watching the competition when we have other sports with LA teams.

Just because we don't spend our time posting in the NHL OT thread doesn't mean we are "bandwagnores." We just have better stuff to do than argue with salty fans. But you can call us whatever you want. Win or lose we are the Kings of California!

Acid08

Banned
This can be applied to any other team fans. If the Kings had lost, I too what have stopped watching. Why would I give a fuck who wins the cup if my favorite team isn't in it. I can use that time to watch Dodger games. I love hockey, but I have little interest in watching the competition when we have other sports with LA teams.

Just because we don't spend our time posting in the NHL OT thread doesn't mean we are "bandwagnores." We just have better stuff to do than argue with salty fans. But you can call us whatever you want. Win or lose we are the Kings of California!
"I know less about a sport than you guys do, therefore you guys are the losers!"

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's not even about bandwagoners. Every team has them, as somebody said. The problem is Kings bandwagoners are obnoxious assholes on a whole 'nother level. It's either meek nothingness or full bore in your face dickery with that particular fanbase. Like the poster below me.

Anyway, I'm done answering questions about what it means to be a fan from the newly minted Kings GAF. Please feel free to talk about hockey now.

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO

NOW, YOU ALL KNOW I'M A GOD FEARIN' CANADIAN. GOD WOKE ME UP ONCE AN' TOLD ME I BETTER STOP HORSIN' 'ROUND AN' PLAY HOCKEY, OR ELSE I'D GET IT. SO I DID. YOU CAN WATCH MY STORY ON THE CBC TV MOVIES "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP KID: THE DON CHERRY STORY" AN' "WRATH OF GRAPES: THE DON CHERRY STORY II," EH.

ANYHOW, WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS HORSIN' 'ROUND, EH? DID GOD NOT PUT HIS WRATH IN ALL OF YOU YET? ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE - WHAT D'YA CALL 'EM -ELITISTS AN' DON'T BELIEVE IN THE LORD ALMIGHTY? OR WORSE, ARE YOU COMMIES? EH?

KINGS FAN, RANGERS FAN, LEAFS FAN (THE RIGHT CHOICE, EH), HABS FAN, WE'RE ALL FANS, EH. IT DON'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A GOOD ONTARIO KID (JUST KIDDIN', IT DOES MATTER), OR AN LA PUNK GUY OR SOMETHIN', WE'RE ALL WATCHIN' THE WHITE RIGHT GAME, EH. IT DON'T MATTER IF A LOT OF FANS OF EITHER TEAM'S GONE WHEN THE PLAYOFFS ARE OVER. THEY HAD FUN WATCHIN', OR MAYBE NOT, BUT LEARNED SOMETHIN' ANYWAY. HOCKEY'S TO BE ENJOYED BY EVERYONE, AN' YOU ALL KNOW I AIN'T A RACIST, EH.

THE REAL ENEMY WE ALL GOTTA FIGHT AGAINST IS COMMUNISM, EH. IF YOU SEE ANYBODY READIN' THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, YOU SWAT THAT BOOK AWAY FROM THEM AN' SET IT ON FIRE, THEN GIVE 'EM A COPY OF MY BOOK, "DON CHERRY'S HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF." THEY'LL BE APOLIGIZIN' IN NO TIME. YOU SEE COPIES OF THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, AN' YOU SET IT ON FIRE. YOU KNOW, I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN OR MET ANYONE BURNIN' BOOKS THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD GUY, EH.

1051061-gf.jpg

NOW, WHY DON'T ALL YOU GUYS SHAKE HANDS, GO TO CHURCH, PRAY TO GOD AN' JESUS, AN' THEN RESPECTFULLY INSULT EACH OTHER'S MOTHERS AN' THE TEAMS YOU CHEER FOR, EH? IF YOU AIN'T A GOOD CATHOLIC, BETTER CONVERT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. IF YOU'RE A COMMIE, WELL, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS WHEN A BUNCHA COMMIES RAN INSIDE A STALL. THEY WERE WATCHIN' KHL HOCKEY, CALLIN' EACH OTHER "CANADIAN FUR-TRAPPERS" - THEIR TERM FOR BANDWAGONERS - FOR ROOTIN' ON WHATEVER GODLESS TEAMS THEY HAVE IN RUSSIA, EH. BOY, I WAS STEAMED. THEY'RE IN THERE, "FUR-TRAPPIN'," AS THEY CALLED IT (I WASHED MY MOUTH WITH SOAP AFTER), AN' LEAVIN' A MESS ON THE CARPET 'CAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF, EH. THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, A GROUP OF CANADIANS RAN INSIDE ANOTHER STALL, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF, SHOOK EACH OTHERS' HANDS, THEN STARTED TALKIN' TRASH TO EACH OTHER WHILE WATCHIN' REAL NHL HOCKEY. THOSE COMMIES WERE SO EMBARRASSED, THEY RAN OUT, FORGOT TO WASH THEIR HANDS, AN' ENDED UP RIOTIN' ALL OVER RUSSIA AN' BEIN' DISTURBIN' AN' ALL THAT.

I WAS SO PROUD, THEM CANADIANS REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

Hunter S.

The real reason LA sucks is they prove you do not need offense to win. Essentially it promotes boring shit, trap hockey, defense first hockey. If only Chicago could have held on to a lead. Fuck you Chicago!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The real reason LA sucks is they prove you do not need offense to win. Essentially it promotes boring shit, trap hockey, defense first hockey. If only Chicago could have held on to a lead. Fuck you Chicago!

Sounds like NY.

They're fast as hell though.

New Jersey has spent years perfecting this method, the Kings are at least vaguely fun to watch.

The only reason the Kings are in the SCF is because of offense.

Calamari41

41 > 38

It was either Smack or Dastardly who put it best: they get that one goal lead and then spawn camp you for the last 45 minutes of the game. Effective as hell but not the most fun to watch.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO

NOW, YOU ALL KNOW I'M A GOD FEARIN' CANADIAN. GOD WOKE ME UP ONCE AN' TOLD ME I BETTER STOP HORSIN' 'ROUND AN' PLAY HOCKEY, OR ELSE I'D GET IT. SO I DID. YOU CAN WATCH MY STORY ON THE CBC TV MOVIES "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP KID: THE DON CHERRY STORY" AN' "WRATH OF GRAPES: THE DON CHERRY STORY II," EH.

ANYHOW, WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS HORSIN' 'ROUND, EH? DID GOD NOT PUT HIS WRATH IN ALL OF YOU YET? ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE - WHAT D'YA CALL 'EM -ELITISTS AN' DON'T BELIEVE IN THE LORD ALMIGHTY? OR WORSE, ARE YOU COMMIES? EH?

KINGS FAN, RANGERS FAN, LEAFS FAN (THE RIGHT CHOICE, EH), HABS FAN, WE'RE ALL FANS, EH. IT DON'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A GOOD ONTARIO KID (JUST KIDDIN', IT DOES MATTER), OR AN LA PUNK GUY OR SOMETHIN', WE'RE ALL WATCHIN' THE WHITE RIGHT GAME, EH. IT DON'T MATTER IF A LOT OF FANS OF EITHER TEAM'S GONE WHEN THE PLAYOFFS ARE OVER. THEY HAD FUN WATCHIN', OR MAYBE NOT, BUT LEARNED SOMETHIN' ANYWAY. HOCKEY'S TO BE ENJOYED BY EVERYONE, AN' YOU ALL KNOW I AIN'T A RACIST, EH.

THE REAL ENEMY WE ALL GOTTA FIGHT AGAINST IS COMMUNISM, EH. IF YOU SEE ANYBODY READIN' THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, YOU SWAT THAT BOOK AWAY FROM THEM AN' SET IT ON FIRE, THEN GIVE 'EM A COPY OF MY BOOK, "DON CHERRY'S HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF." THEY'LL BE APOLIGIZIN' IN NO TIME. YOU SEE COPIES OF THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, AN' YOU SET IT ON FIRE. YOU KNOW, I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN OR MET ANYONE BURNIN' BOOKS THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD GUY, EH.

1051061-gf.jpg

NOW, WHY DON'T ALL YOU GUYS SHAKE HANDS, GO TO CHURCH, PRAY TO GOD AN' JESUS, AN' THEN RESPECTFULLY INSULT EACH OTHER'S MOTHERS AN' THE TEAMS YOU CHEER FOR, EH? IF YOU AIN'T A GOOD CATHOLIC, BETTER CONVERT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. IF YOU'RE A COMMIE, WELL, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS WHEN A BUNCHA COMMIES RAN INSIDE A STALL. THEY WERE WATCHIN' KHL HOCKEY, CALLIN' EACH OTHER "CANADIAN FUR-TRAPPERS" - THEIR TERM FOR BANDWAGONERS - FOR ROOTIN' ON WHATEVER GODLESS TEAMS THEY HAVE IN RUSSIA, EH. BOY, I WAS STEAMED. THEY'RE IN THERE, "FUR-TRAPPIN'," AS THEY CALLED IT (I WASHED MY MOUTH WITH SOAP AFTER), AN' LEAVIN' A MESS ON THE CARPET 'CAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF, EH. THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, A GROUP OF CANADIANS RAN INSIDE ANOTHER STALL, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF, SHOOK EACH OTHERS' HANDS, THEN STARTED TALKIN' TRASH TO EACH OTHER WHILE WATCHIN' REAL NHL HOCKEY. THOSE COMMIES WERE SO EMBARRASSED, THEY RAN OUT, FORGOT TO WASH THEIR HANDS, AN' ENDED UP RIOTIN' ALL OVER RUSSIA AN' BEIN' DISTURBIN' AN' ALL THAT.

I WAS SO PROUD, THEM CANADIANS REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

I feel for the folk who dont know how to properly hear these words in their heads and shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom