• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real reason LA sucks is they prove you do not need offense to win. Essentially it promotes boring shit, trap hockey, defense first hockey. If only Chicago could have held on to a lead. Fuck you Chicago!

Hntr pls

Regular season, yar.

2012 run, yar.

2014 run, nar.

LA is the highest scoring team in the playoffs. 15 more than the next closest team, Chicago.

WNMDsUZ.png

Acid08

Banned
Oh, he actually shows up to play? News to me.

Sigh. It's true. Back to the drawing board.
Yeah, actually, more often than not he does show up. His stats show this. The stats also show that the only games he consistently hasn't performed well in are Game 7s. So you can argue that he's anti-clutch but not that he never shows up.

Now back to the MRA subreddit with you.

Yeah, actually, more often than not he does show up. His stats show this. The stats also show that the only games he consistently hasn't performed well in are Game 7s. So you can argue that he's anti-clutch but not that he never shows up.

Now back to the MRA subreddit with you.

I first read that as the 'MMA subreddit' and got really offended.

Calamari41

41 > 38
2.64, not exactly stifling shut-down defense

What happens when you take out the first three games of the Sharks series though?

I'm not busting your balls or anything, btw, I'm just surprised. I guess I was traumatized by game 2 of the Ducks series and am letting that skew my view of everything else.

But one thing is for sure, Quick kept an absolute load of sure-thing Ducks goals from going in.

Zee-Row

Banned
I just can't cheer for Marty St Louis after what he did to the Lightning. It would kill me to see him win a cup with the Rangers. I hope the Lightning never retire his number.

Calamari41

41 > 38
To be fair, it's a percentage of the market. LA dominated in gross numbers, I believe. Plus, two things: Patty is a hometown hero; and, what else are you going to do in Buffalo, honestly?

Oh, I didn't realize it was by percentage of the market. I have no clue how to read ratings stuff. That's not that big of a deal then, considering it's measuring an absolutely massive market.

What happens when you take out the first three games of the Sharks series though?

I'm not busting your balls or anything, btw, I'm just surprised. I guess I was traumatized by game 2 of the Ducks series and am letting that skew my view of everything else.

But one thing is for sure, Quick kept an absolute load of sure-thing Ducks goals from going in.

Removing the first three Sharks games and the entire Hawks series, it's 3.36 G/G, and 1.82 GA/G. What we are basically doing at this point though is removing 10 of the 21 games the Kings have played to try and manipulate a narrative. The Kings have scored a ton of goals, and given-up quite a few as well. The narrative of boring shutdown trap style hockey just doesn't fit the games that have been played in the playoffs.

Yeah, the Kings have been scoring at a pretty high (and realistically unsustainable) pace per game. Almost every attempt at turtling has failed miserably as well, so they've kept pressure up in most games (the Ducks series was an exception). The top ten in points is basically alternating Kings/Hawks. St. Louis is the first Ranger on the board @ #16, with only one fewer game played....behind six different Kings (Anze, Carter, Gabbo, Williams, Doughty, Toffoli).

Calamari41

41 > 38
Removing the first three Sharks games and the entire Hawks series, it's 3.36 G/G, and 1.82 GA/G. What we are basically doing at this point though is removing 10 of the 21 games the Kings have played to try and manipulate a narrative. The Kings have scored a ton of goals, and given-up quite a few as well. The narrative of boring shutdown trap style hockey just doesn't fit the games that have been played in the playoffs.

You're right, I concede that while noting that were able to win some using that style, which traumatized me.

Not to mention that the kings have 4 of the 10 best even-scorers in the post-season, which is pretty ridiculous: http://www.extraskater.com/players/standard?sit=ev&type=rate

EDIT:

Interesting to note, the Rangers have the best GF% right now: http://www.extraskater.com/teams/on-ice?sort=goals_pct

Hunter S.

Basically a two face team. No goals in the regular season; that you missed. Goals happen for some unknown reason in the the playoffs only. Too bad the Raiders do not work the same way . :-D

You're right, I concede that while noting that were able to win some using that style, which traumatized me.

Understandable, the Kings/Ducks series was a different style of hockey than the other two series. Ideally the Kings would like to turtle and shutdown the opposing team when leading in the third, but the Ducks are pretty much the only team they have been successful with that this postseason

iLLmAtlc

While we're in the SCF topic, it's time for hockey's indictment of clutch players like how the nerds did baseball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_hitter

Toews: remembered as one of most clutch players in the league and nobody remembers 1 goal in 19 playoff games last year and 3 in 22 overall.

Bickell: career high 37 points is a playoff sniper for one season.Yeah I'm going with luck on that one.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm with ya buddy. But fuck the Kings too.

It's hard to be a Canucks fan these days.

2013 last 4 teams: Queens, Hawks, Bruins, Pens
2013 last 4 teams: Queens, Hawks, Rangers, Habs

Why do all the teams we hate do so well.

Why can't a team like the Ducks or Sharks or Blue Jackets or..... who knows make the top 4.

RC

Banned
It's hard to be a Canucks fan these days.

2013 last 4 teams: Queens, Hawks, Bruins, Pens
2013 last 4 teams: Queens, Hawks, Rangers, Habs

Why do all the teams we hate do so well.

Why can't a team like the Ducks or Sharks or Blue Jackets or..... who knows make the top 4.

Next year I'm hoping for a Preds/Blue Jackets final.

Don Quick delivers again.

People cherry picking photos of Dustin Brown over the years to make him look bad.

Don't need to cherry pick photos for that to happen.

Just stay in your Orange Coun... oh yeah your fan base is so weak they all jumped ship after game 7 at Honda Center.

Our fan base knew to boo Bettman at the cup raising. LA fans were too busy taking selfies while making crying motions at injured players.

Real talk: Everybody from LA is terrible and awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom