• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

Who said its dead!!!

Viz ruined the team by leaving. As soon as he left, my disc scratched (it can read that its NHL 13 but can't go into a game so I have to install it but it won't install), put Milly off of NHL13, turned the team against each other.

Sabotaged the whole team man *in Viz's voice*

Oh and here are all the ways we can score in NHL 14 with video/blog

I think they might take out my move. Also bonus: They're taking out the the weak shot from the blue line (massive rebound) but are allowed offensive players to pick up the puck more often down low (as oppose to skating over it)

If they take left / right then it looks like well have to find a new right wing.

STOP POSTING IN HERE!!!!

Stat!

If they take left / right then it looks like well have to find a new right wing.

5% of my goals man. 5%!

The NBPK shall return! (As soon as I find a way to get a copy of NHL 13, install the copy on my xbox so I can use my current scratched copy to recognize that I own the game, then return the copy I just bought).

Stat!

Way too much effort to play a game no one plays anymore.

Pretty much. But ever since it scratched, I obviously get the urge to play modes like BAP/BAG which I never touched. Kinda hoping we get the NHL 14 demo early...

To get my hockey fix, I'm playing 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. Wish they had a mode like that in the main games. Hilarious stuff.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ill still play if others get on at some point, but I won't be on for the next 2 weeks anyways.

Delryk

35 Minute Gameplay video of the NHL 94 mode.

Some good stuff? No bouncing after being hit. They do have adjusted sliders for things like hitting/speed, but it seems kinda nice. Hopefully, its sliders since Hossa decked Chara.

can't really comment on this video... NHL94 mode = all big hits, no offsides, no penalties, no dekes (3 buttons and thats it).. so the game play for the "real" NHL14 isn't really shown at all..

thought there were some weird skating animations that i didn't like though. but that may be the blue ice.. i dunno....

Red_Man

Seeing as 14 is out in a little over a month, we should start working on a name for the new club and any other ideas / plays people want to implement or think would be good ideas. Personally I want to work on some more structured PP draw ups.

Red_Man

Why bother with strats when no one listens anyway? :D
Harder to implement changes when were 3/4 through a season, well have to change our play style anyways to the new system, perfect time to change some things up.

Seeing as 14 is out in a little over a month, we should start working on a name for the new club and any other ideas / plays people want to implement or think would be good ideas. Personally I want to work on some more structured PP draw ups.

While the topic of NHL14 is floating around.

My work schedule changed drastically and I'm not going be able to play much in the first couple months let alone setup and lead the club.

It's on someone else this year. I might be able to help out and put together some artwork and stuff for the 14 thread though if no one else wants to take a crack at it.

Red_Man

I don't mind looking after the thread seeing as I already post the most in it, but I have 0 experience with photoshop or anything like that. If someone else does and wants to try go ahead.

Stat!

I would try out stuff in 13 but not going to buy a new copy with 14 a couple months away.

But I'd be fine with more strategy especially on the PP. I thought our PK was great this year. I also liked how small the club was this year. It allowed for more chemistry with everyone playing a lot, and it being the same people.

It looks like a lot of things might be easier this year (including the PP) and deflections/screening the goalie will be more important). Having someone in front would cause the goalie to be unable to see the pass, allowing for more one timers or passes down low from the Dmen.

Ill be on tonight playing vs if anyone wants to play some club

you need a new game besides NHL13 broseph

go download the trials for Super Meat Boy, Mark of the Ninja, Spelunky and the The Walking Dead from XBLA and play a good game for a change. You can thank me later ;)

btw speaking of new games, anybody planning on getting Payday 2 next month? That shit looks crazy, I need some partners in crime. If you've never heard of it check these out

http://youtu.be/z5YlAdglKt0
http://youtu.be/aS1X0l3FWcw

Red_Man

I'm not into platformers brah, I'm downloading the remake of Chronicles of Riddick right now, I loved the OG version and I still need to play XCOM on my iPad, I've had it downloaded for weeks now.

Stat!

btw speaking of new games, anybody planning on getting Payday 2 next month? That shit looks crazy, I need some partners in crime. If you've never heard of it check these out

I've been following it but right now, I don't know if I can spend 60 with NHL14/GTAV right around the corner. Payday 2 looks incredible though.

Right now, I've got Brave New World/Super Hexagon. Wish my NHL 13 wasn't broken though :(

Also, EA posted a new blog with some of the skating additions in NHL 14. Its all stuff we know but in a video like the quicker pivots, or it being easier to square up, or strafe on defense. Hitting looks great too.

the club name for next year should have something to do with all of you dudes always being broke... besides me and Moop

/brofist

we aren't far off from Working Class Gypsies afterall :(

Red_Man

Gotta do something with that retirement fund of yours Viz.

I'm terrible with naming shit, so you creative artists will have to think of something or we could just jack the PS3 dudes name.

Red_Man

I'm sure you'll find a new goal to exploit three times a game. I wouldn't worry too much.
Hey look, it's the reject that can't manage a team for longer then 3 weeks and who only goes down one side and shoots. Good to know you still creep this thread seeing as its the closest you'll ever get to being a part of a legitimate club :)

Hey look, it's the reject that can't manage a team for longer then 3 weeks and who only goes down one side and shoots. Good to know you still creep this thread seeing as its the closest you'll ever get to being a part of a legitimate club :)

Hm? Still managing the team. All of our members besides one have GAF accounts. Though not all of us have the free time during the day to constantly post like you. I'm sure you can find that the team still exists if you put your mind to it.

Red_Man

I thought your shtick of being a stupid troll was over after the playoffs? Hard to quit something so innate I guess eh, I appreciate your obvious admiration for our club, but I don't see any reason for you to post in a thread where everyone is thankful for the day we cut you.

Delryk

you need a new game besides NHL13 broseph

go download the trials for Super Meat Boy, Mark of the Ninja, Spelunky and the The Walking Dead from XBLA and play a good game for a change. You can thank me later ;)

http://youtu.be/z5YlAdglKt0
http://youtu.be/aS1X0l3FWcw

That looks fun!.. too bad i wont be around much for a few weeks..

749 / 319 / 1068 with a 3 month hiatus, winning divisions and shit without doing the same three goals over and over? Totally admire your club. You got me.

Red_Man

To be fair to Wsoxfan, the last time his piece of shit team played us, we pounded them so hard it's not surprising he has a hard time remembering things, never forget:

z9fjT.jpg

Not surprising considering the club used a dollar sign as its logo, and even less surprising a kid who's not allowed to drink alcohol would go with the money sign for his club. Now if you're finished admiring the clubs success Wsoxfan, you would be wise to work on your own thread that might last a month so you guys can discuss how to beat our same goal strategy whenever we decide to waste anymore time against you.

To be fair to Wsoxfan, the last time his piece of shit team played us, we pounded them so hard it's not surprising he has a hard time remembering things, never forget:

z9fjT.jpg

Not surprising considering the club used a dollar sign as its logo, and even less surprising a kid who's not allowed to drink alcohol would go with the money sign for his club. Now if you're finished admiring the clubs success Wsoxfan, you would be wise to work on your own thread that might last a month so you guys can discuss how to beat our same goal strategy whenever we decide to waste anymore time against you.

I'm not sure if it's more pathetic that you still have that picture or that you just typed an essay to reply to me.

Red_Man

I'm not sure if it's more pathetic that you still have that picture or that you just typed an essay to reply to me.
I'm not sure if its more pathetic that you can't comprehend an image hosting service, or that a supposed English student considers a two sentence reply an essay. Do yourself a favour and leave the thread before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself. You're not and will never be a part of this club, accept it and move on with your life.

i've updated the OP's NHL13 & All-Time Stats for the last time. Great job by everyone that was a part of the club this year, we had some real nice accomplishments including:

-Finished ELITE division 10 consecutive months until July (inactivity)

-5 Time ELITE Playoff Champions

-One Monthly Top 100 ELITE Finish

-Currently #502 in the world

-Last I checked only 4 clubs this year had more wins (search standings in-game, sort the Overall Elite Leaderboard by Wins)

-Everyone that participated played at least 1 playoff game

-Everyone but Rev and Dok were in the lineup when we won a Playoff Championship

Stat!

i've updated the OP's NHL13 & All-Time Stats for the last time. Great job by everyone that was a part of the club this year, we had some real nice accomplishments including:

-Finished ELITE division 10 consecutive months until July (inactivity)

-5 Time ELITE Playoff Champions

-Last I checked only 4 clubs this year had more wins (search standings in-game, sort the Overall Elite Leaderboard by Wins)
]

These three accomplishments right there. We were consistent (even through some bad stretches, we had some ridiculous ones as well). We were a great team. We finished pretty much in the top 150 every month once we figured out how to play past September.

*Cue that pic of Snake saluting*

So NHL 14 team name/strategies?

Red_Man

Great year overall from everyone and we kept getting better and better for the most part. I'm surprised I have quite the jump on you for PIMs Viz, guess there's always next season. Btw I started playing XCOM today, this game is tight, you should have pushed it on me harder.

HAHA REV AND DOK SCRUBS

awaiting Rev's response...

These three accomplishments right there. We were consistent (even through some bad stretches, we had some ridiculous ones as well). We were a great team. We finished pretty much in the top 150 every month once we figured out how to play past September.

*Cue that pic of Snake saluting*

So NHL 14 team name/strategies?

Agreed

It's pretty crazy to think we were consistently top 250 all year and would probably still be there overall if we played enough games in July, but despite how our Win Loss record is slanted towards the positive we dropped SO many winnable games

Another really interesting stat is when we were in the ELITE division last month I searched leaderboards and our club shooting percentage was almost dead last of all the top 500 ELITE teams. Our most accurate shooter was ACES at about 20%. Top teams usually have several players shooting 30-40%. Which seems to indicate we earned most our wins with legit play (pun intended) rather than cheesed to get them

haven't brainstormed any NHL14 club names yet

Great year overall from everyone and we kept getting better and better for the most part. I'm surprised I have quite the jump on you for PIMs Viz, guess there's always next season. Btw I started playing XCOM today, this game is tight, you should have pushed it on me harder.

I'm not surprised about PIMs, you were waaaay worse then me. Unfortunately pretty much 90% of the time that I was in the box, we got scored on. So mine probably hurt more. This is one of the areas all of you need to improve on next year, you gotta pick me up more than not if I take a penalty.

and yes XCOM is pretty sweet, I was real late getting into that too

Delryk

On to next season!

Gotta move my parents to their new house on the week of release... but i have a whole week off after that to myself.. 'tis is going to be good.

Red_Man

Seeing as GTA5 comes out right after NHL 14 the first month will probably be all over the place in terms of who's playing and how well we adjust to whatever new bullshit EA puts in the game. Our first month with 13 was horrible :lol

Milly79

I've got a lot going on IRL with work and other things that will affect me going forward. I will almost 90% pick up NHL 14, but I will likely be a lot less active.

Delryk

We'll have the X1/PS4 in november too.. not sure how things will translate with everything coming up. But i think we can enjoy some good times in the near future once again..:)

Red_Man

Idk about that. I'll try to play more, but I'm pretty sure I'm moving in soon with my lady friend sooooo yeah. :p

LOL JK IT'S MY GOAT
Why move in when you can just Skype her 24/7 like Aces and forget you're playing. Sounds like hardcore friend zone.

Stat!

Why move in when you can just Skype her 24/7 like Aces and forget you're playing. Sounds like hardcore friend zone.

Yeah...not debating what isn't true, but not divulging my personal life either.

Congrats Milly.

Anyways, the first month will be off for scheduling. Chances are I'll want to finish GTAV right away so I won't have to worry about avoiding spoilers so that will take away from my available game time. After that, I should be good. Man, I hope NHL 14 fixes some problems. They had their skating blog last week.

Top Bottom