• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Fangel

Neo Member
Should I assume that the
"Monitor" selection
just means who I
play as
? Does it determine the ending(s) I get? Will different events happen depending on which I choose?

YEs. No. You get to make a choice just before the end and that will determine which ending you get.

killatopak

Gold Member
My NA copy pre order got cancelled. shit.

The asian version comes with all the pre order goodies right?

If I can't get another NA pre order on another store I think I'll cave and buy the asian version.

LotusHD

Banned
My copy was supposed to ship on the 3rd, but nothing happened. I mean I won't panic, there's still time before Tuesday, but yea... I called too, but lady basically told me not to worry.

Zelda will keep me company though in the meantime.

Dio

Banned
Good news, Dio. Your order shipped on 03/03/17.

Nier: Automata Day One Edition - PlayStation 4
Quantity: 1
Item Total $35.99

carda114

So I'm not missing
any events as 9S by picking A2
?

The only way you'd miss anything is changing the ending you will receive.
The very last decision you can make between the two characters, and it will be obvious when this happens, will determine the endings you can get. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Dio

Banned
wtf that's so cheap.

Did you see the threads about the 'Best Buy' deal?

I was able to preorder a ton of different games while their promo was running.

This meant I got:

Yakuza 0
Nier Automata
Nioh
Persona 5
Ace Combat 7

for 35.99 each because every order over 100 dollars got 25 dollars off...but you could stack that with the 20% off per game GCU discount.

I got more games than just those on preorder, but those are some examples.

The only way you'd miss anything is changing the ending you will receive.
The very last decision you can make between the two characters, and it will be obvious when this happens, will determine the endings you can get. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

So to
get both endings, I simply swap out that decision on the replay/chapter select
?

Rizzi

I folded and bought it digitally from the Hong Kong store. Guess I should catch up on story stuff from the first game.

Just got Ending D. It's almost 3am but I can't stop. Just need to get
C and E now

Edit:
Got Ending E. Although when it asked me to save someone and delete my save data I said no. Should I go back and do that?

C and E now

Edit:
Got Ending E. Although when it asked me to save someone and delete my save data I said no. Should I go back and do that?

Just be cheeky and copy your save file to the PS+ cloud or an USB drive. Then choose it as many times as you want. :D

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
C and E now

Edit:

if you dont do that you cant actually get the ending

killatopak

Gold Member
Trying to decide if I should wait to get this on PC. I'm super excited but I'm deep into Horizon and I just got Zelda. HELP

Pc is locked at 1080p 60fps.

If you have a pro or feel that the base version won't turn you off then go ahead and buy it now.

IMO you should just go ahead and finish Horizon and Zelda first since you already have them.

DKL

Finished the game for reals for realz (all main endings).

I raged so hard at the
bullet hell credits for ending E, but then realized that I was actually suppose to be connected to the network in order to get the assist necessary to actually beat the damn thing (never really used the online features up until this sequence)... I can tell you right now: that shit was hard solo by the time the Square Enix titles showed up and I was in complete despair for a while.

As for the choice they give you in the end, I know that some people will probably save scam in order to upload the assist, but I found the gesture pretty powerful regardless: people actually maybe gave up their save files in order to help me finish the game.

So I decided to do so too and flushed my 80-90 hours down the drain lol

(PC version almost out anyway)

I liked the story, but I need another playthrough to process a lot of the stuff I was exposed to in Route C. I particularly got a bit confused at the end as to who was doing what (the machines set things up to create an enemy that they could fight forever, but then imploded on themselves?), but Jackass had a file you could read to understand a lot of it.

There's a lot of disagreeable gameplay design in the game, but I don't think you can really say that it wasn't memorable.

Like, the final sequence of stuff was brutal in the context of theory crafting as to whether or not I could have done it on Very Hard given the lack of checkpoints, how the gameplay worked and the sheer length of the sequences...

I'm really glad I quit that difficulty by the end.

Jiraiza

The time you waste just to do something cool, smh.

pTApMDZ.gif

killatopak

Gold Member
Whelp looks like I won't be able to play at launch.

Ps pro is basically out of stock in my city. They said the next shipment is gonna be the fourth one within a month.

I'll probably shy away from the OT once the game officially releases. I want to be in a media blackout as much as possible.

Whelp looks like I won't be able to play at launch.

Ps pro is basically out of stock in my city. They said the next shipment is gonna be the fourth one within a month.

I'll probably shy away from the OT once the game officially releases. I want to be in a media blackout as much as possible.

Just play it on a regular PS4?

killatopak

Gold Member
Buy it online then?

buy a ps4 pro online?

There are currently no stocks and nobody selling it used or brand new online. They only sell on stores locally.

If buying a pro and importing it then that's a no go as well since customs will fuck me up and if that won't then the price will.

I'm honestly willing to wait. I'm just sad I can't get in on the release fun. Still, I'm pretty excited nonetheless. I'll probably just go rave about in the review threads or replay the series in the meantime.

Philippo

Finally pre-ordered the physical edition, still have to pay 40€ even if i gave in a used game, ugh.
I'm doing this for you Taro!

FrankWza

I haven't been keeping tabs. Whats the deal on how long the game is taking to finish? All endings worth it? Hardest mode unlocked from the start?

Hektor

I haven't been keeping tabs. Whats the deal on how long the game is taking to finish? All endings worth it? Hardest mode unlocked from the start?

~40 Hours, all endings aren't worth it but all the story endings are a requirement, hardest mode unlocked from the start but you don't wanna use it unless you really hate yourself lol

Length depends on how many sidequests you're looking to do really. It can be as fast as 20ish hours or 35+.

The main endings are all worth going through to get the whole story and, well, game. Even after doing one you'll get a message from Square Enix PR telling you you're not done anyways. In this game, getting the main endings is how you "beat" it.

There is a Very Hard mode unlocked from the start, but I would go for Normal or Hard if you really want a harder difficulty. I don't think this game handles the harder difficulties well.

Blinck

Is the game perfectly playable on regular PS4 or do the extra frames make a big diference? Sorry if it's been asked before!

FrankWza

~40 Hours, all endings aren't worth it but all the story endings are a requirement, hardest mode unlocked from the start but you don't wanna use it unless you really hate yourself lol

Length depends on how many sidequests you're looking to do really. It can be as fast as 20ish hours or 35+.

The main endings are all worth going through to get the whole story and, well, game. Even after doing one you'll get a message from Square Enix PR telling you you're not done anyways. In this game, getting the main endings is how you "beat" it.

There is a Very Hard mode unlocked from the start, but I would go for Normal or Hard if you really want a harder difficulty. I don't think this game handles the harder difficulties well.

Thanks to both. Hard mode it is. My Pro is ready. Why do you say it doesnt hard modes handle well? Is it cheese deaths or is it a performance thing?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the game perfectly playable on regular PS4 or do the extra frames make a big diference? Sorry if it's been asked before!

Yes. It's 90% 60fps.

pezzie

It's perfectly playable on a standard PS4, there are noticable framerate drops but it's mostly 60fps.

I had a great time playing this and am considering a second playthrough already.

Thanks to both. Hard mode it is. My Pro is ready. Why do you say it doesnt hard modes handle well? Is it cheese deaths or is it a performance thing?

Checkpointing and high damage just don't seem like it would make for a good time here, especially based off of the impressions other users have been posting.

renzolama

Anyone know if they fixed the preload problem on PS4 4.50 beta firmware? I couldn't preload Horizon without reverting to stock firmware first, and now I'm seeing no option for preloading Nier even though the store message yesterday indicated it would "auto-download" today.

Edit: I might just be in the middle of a gap between when the auto-download date goes away and when the preload actually goes live, I'll just wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Top Bottom