• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
Too much goodness for one day! Where to start?!

IMG_3187_zpslmg3pdlg.jpg

Flip a coin.

Yea It's the 3 disc set as noted in the bottom of the product description. Had to do like 5 double takes when they sent me a mail that an updated version of a product i ordered became avilable lol.

It says 3 discs, does it mention the extra disc in the description somewhere? (Sorry, I want to get it right just as much as you do, hahaha!)

JayEH

So how do I conclude the side quest involving the wise machines? I talked to all 3 of them. Then they
committed suicide
, but I don't see anything in the quest log.

Coda

So how do I conclude the side quest involving the wise machines? I talked to all 3 of them. Then they
committed suicide

Pretty sure this is a just troll/gag by Taro Yoko haha,
maybe one day we'll be able to go into those doors and unveil the true secrets of Nier Automata.

Hektor

It says 3 discs, does it mention the extra disc in the description somewhere? (Sorry, I want to get it right just as much as you do, hahaha!)

Like Mondo said, it's mentioning this if you run it through google translator

【With early purchase benefits】 NieR: Automata Original Soundtrack (NieR: Automata Original Soundtrack Bonus CD)

It's the one i preordered as well

committed suicide

No clue. I tried so many times with different approaches, but they all end the same. Eventually I gave up because
I couldn't watch him give in to despair anymore ;_;

Pretty sure this is a just troll/gag by Taro Yoko haha,
maybe one day we'll be able to go into those doors and unveil the true secrets of Nier Automata.

You're thinking of the Apologetic Machines. The Wise Machine
shows up in three places in the post-cratered City Ruins, and is marked as a questgiver.

FrankWza

Got my bb copy nice and early. About to fire up. Switched the insert right away. Anyone else get 2 codes in their case? Whats the deal with this big ass patch? Is it automatically optimized for pro? I dont see anything in the menu yet.

Coda

Got my bb copy nice and early. About to fire up. Switched the insert right away. Anyone else get 2 codes in their case? Whats the deal with this big ass patch? Is it automatically optimized for pro? I dont see anything in the menu yet.

It's automatically optimized with the Pro. Just expect some stuttering issues when moving to new parts of the world. It's nothing too bad though.

Can you post a pic of the reversable cover?

DKL

Whelp, the good reviews are pushing me towards getting this game for my PC. I hope it is a good port.

I'm just gonna have faith that my PC can bulldog the specs and overcome any potential issues.

I remember everyone having a miserable time with the Telltale Batman, but my computer ran that thing at a locked 60FPS lol

But yes, I can't wait to kill mobs with a consistent framerate.

Greenman gaming has the thing for like $50, so I just went in.

I saw some talk in the thread about multiple playthroughs. Do you mean like a new game plus with some new stuff/new gear to unlock, or are there new missions and locations, etc.?

Oh, and I've recently got into manga and anime, specifically Blame, Biomega, and Parasyte. Are the more anime aspects here similar to those?

I saw some talk in the thread about multiple playthroughs. Do you mean like a new game plus with some new stuff/new gear to unlock, or are there new missions and locations, etc.?

Different routes play differently, some are parallel, some are sequels to previous events, but all of them add new mechanics, quests, reveals, story, and events.

Hektor

It's entirely new story missions as well as sidequests and gameplay features. It's more like three different story campaigns you play one after another

chefbags

Amazon delivered it early and I got it today! Fuck yes lol now it's time to manage when I play horizon and when I play nier lol.

Oh, and I've recently got into manga and anime, specifically Blame, Biomega, and Parasyte. Are the more anime aspects here similar to those?

There is unfortunately no games like Blame. :(
I suppose it is kind of similar to Parasyte in the humour/disturbing aspect but really Yoko Taro's writing is really his own. If you enjoy dark and weird manga like those, you should enjoy his works no problem.

Holy shit!

Amazon just delivered my copy of Nier! It's a full day early. Fuck Yeah! Definitely gonna bounce early from the office today.

Amazon delivered it early and I got it today! Fuck yes lol now it's time to manage when I play horizon and when I play nier lol.

Nice looks like I'm not the only one :D

I currently like Zelda better, but I would recommend starting Nier since it probably won't take up as much of your time in order to get to the end.

(based on what I've played of Zelda so far, it seems like there's a lot to do and discover in that game in comparison to a normal playthrough of Nier to the true end... in fact, Nier keeps track of a percentage of completion, so you actually have a clear picture of what you need in order to actually see everything)
Zelda is like an hour and a half

Top Bottom