• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Rainy

Banned
ugh i can't justify buying this knowing that i'm 15 hours into BOTW and feel like I haven't scratched the surface yet...

the temptation tho

Thanks guys, guess im just gonna have to try really hard not to die. I always start platinum games on hard so im just gonna push through it

Edit: fuck that i just died at the boss of the demo part and have to re do an hour of progress :|

Is it me or is the game a bit harder than the demo? Also, lol'd at them making the skirt longer.

It was cool of them to include the message that says the saving is manual and not auto, play the game to know how to do it. Yakuza should've done the same imo. Some of the newcomers didn't know that and lost a bit of progress after their first session.

Exentryk

Most people are already starting their adventure, while us PC plebs wait for another 10 days.

Still, going to be reading the impressions, so keep posting.

Rainy

Banned
ah fuck it, ordered the game on amazon. not coming until friday so i can at least make more of a dent into zelda until then.

george_us

Is it me or is the game a bit harder than the demo? Also, lol'd at them making the skirt longer.

It was cool of them to include the message that says the saving is manual and not auto, play the game to know how to do it. Yakuza should've done the same imo. Some of the newcomers didn't know that and lost a bit of progress after their first session.
Enemies definitely hit harder on Normal than they do in the demo. I'm also pretty sure the dodge timing is much stricter as well.

Synless

Man, the quote in the threads title seems so surreal after looking at the scores in the other thread. My copy should arrive sometime today... though I can't play it until tomorrow.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just came by to say that I'm really glad that Automata reviewed so well.

Some problems aside, it was an amazing experience and thinking about the whole thing still makes me feel things. So good.

addik

Man, I've decided to take a brake from work today before I do my report in school and played this game.

Then, a dark scene played.

Welp, I'm coming out of this more stressed and frustrated than when I decided to play a while ago lol.

God damn it Yoko Taro.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah I definitely feel like things are doing more damage than in the demo. I haven't died yet, but one punch seems to take off a huge chunk of health.

Hikami

Had to choose between this and Nioh..

Went with Nier. I'll get my souls fix with the DS3 DLC later this month.
Will get Nioh eventually but for now, Nier hype!

I'm torn between this and Horizon. I'm leaning towards this though, might pick it up later this week since I have a long weekend and nothing planned.

Too much goodness for one day! Where to start?!

IMG_3187_zpslmg3pdlg.jpg

Lucky devil!

Two of the very best games in years.

We're all spoiled right now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What are your recommended tracks, guys?

Dyna

I played the demo and while I thought the core gameplay was pretty great and flowed really nicely I didn't find the scenery or the enemies interesting at all. How much variety is there in those departments of the game? I'm definitely intrigued by the game but if it's mostly just grey robots and environments you can count me out. Haven't played the original Nier, but I heard that's not required(?).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

1.Forest Kingdom

2.War to War

3.Grandma Destruction

4.Copied City

....i really just want to recommend the whole soundtrack but those are the ones i have replayed the most, 1 being the most

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Really? I only skimmed over the controversy threads but I got the impression they wouldn't make concessions. Not that I really care, but it's surprising to hear that. Anyway game is downloaded, but I'm trying to finish Horizon first.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
i dont think they made the skirt longer. plus it would be irrelevant since you can blow it off to begin with

Really wanna support this game at launch given Platinum's titles tend to criminally undersell, but being broke + having Horizon, Watch Dogs 2, Gravity Rush 2, Rise of TR, Witcher 3 DLC, and The Last Guardian all in my possession already and needing to be played means I'll likely wait a couple months for once. I'll probably look to scoop this (and Mass Effect. And Nioh. And Persona. Been a great season for gamers, but, sheesh) up around the beginning of June 😭 Nice problem to have, I guess.

In no particular order really.

1. Sound of the End (it's spectacular where it's used ingame. Builds so much anticipation)
2. Blissful Death (Whenever you hear this, you know the consequences were massive)
3. The End of YoRHa (Melody of all 3 versions of Weight of the World)
4. Amusement Park
5. Wretched Machinery

Of course, all the returning tracks/arranges are also amazing :D

Hektor

It's definitely harder than the demo. One of the biggest changes is how the auto healing chip works as that one now got a small delay and cool down

Really? I only skimmed over the controversy threads but I got the impression they wouldn't make concessions. Not that I really care, but it's surprising to hear that. Anyway game is downloaded, but I'm trying to finish Horizon first.
It's not confirmed but it's pretty obvious. I noticed it cause I wanted to see if she pushing back the camera (like she does in the demo) has a trophy or not (Lollipop Chainsaw had one) and I can't get a peek at all lol

It's seems like they've taken out that animation as well.

It's not confirmed but it's pretty obvious. I noticed it cause I wanted to see if she pushing back the camera (like she does in the demo) has a trophy or not (Lollipop Chainsaw had one) and I can't get a peek at all lol

It's seems like they've taken out that animation as well.

She still has that animation, and there is indeed an achievement for it.

Roussow

I've got a question about a playthrough B mechanic:
Hacking
Now I've super finished the game now, but I could never work out some stuff with that mechanic completely, and would like to check it out while wrapping up side quests.
So how do you consistently control enemies, I only got the prompt after hacking two or three times, other times it would just kill or inflict damage on the enemy, is it based on what chips you equipped? After I couldn't reproduce it, I just put on damage based hacking chips, so I don't know if that cancels it.

AsakuraZ

Man I just did the 2nd boss fight and my jaw was just dropped the whole time. The music, the boss mechanics, everything is just top notch

Caim

I've got a question about a playthrough B mechanic:
Hacking
Now I've super finished the game now, but I could never work out some stuff with that mechanic completely, and would like to check it out while wrapping up side quests.
So how do you consistently control enemies, I only got the prompt after hacking two or three times, other times it would just kill or inflict damage on the enemy, is it based on what chips you equipped? After I couldn't reproduce it, I just put on damage based hacking chips, so I don't know if that cancels it.

It's basically
stealth, you have to hack them outside of combat to get the options.

UCBooties

Goddamn I wish I had seen that the Black Box edition was available in NA before it was sold out. Ebay prices are insane right now.

Top Bottom