• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

ChanMan

Didn't get much time to play last night but I don't really care for the top down sections of the game. I really hope that isn't something that constantly happens throughout the game.

Kyonashi

Found a pic of the reversible cover if anyone's interested. I love that it has the PS4 banner, I can keep it reversed on my shelf. Perfect design for a reversible cover imo.

afB7OeT.jpg

Didn't get much time to play last night but I don't really care for the top down sections of the game. I really hope that isn't something that constantly happens throughout the game.

I take it you never played the original?

I'm not too far in Automata, but it happens often in Nier.

Really like how seamless the camera in the space station shifts perspective. Well all the camera changes have been very smooth and stylish

Only played about an hour - demo section and getting first side quests - and getting some Westworld vibes

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Gameware.at just shipped my limited edition 🤤
Thought EU release was on Friday, fuuuuuu

UCBooties

Found a pic of the reversible cover if anyone's interested. I love that it has the PS4 banner, I can keep it reversed on my shelf. Perfect design for a reversible cover imo.

Oh good, that's the art from the steelbook. At least I can have that much. I'm so mad at myself for sleeping on that collector's edition though. I thought it was Euro only and didn't find out it was a SE store exclusive until it was waaaaay too late.

Unfortunately I haven't the issue with it is that I really can't see what I am doing with the character it kind of pulls me out the game.

I think it'll be something you get used to. The game is pretty good at switching camera angles pretty seamlessly.

Before I jump back into Automata would anyone be able to recommend a good video that explains the first Nier game.

I liked Super Bunnyhop's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xx4sT6rEI

I take it you never played the original?

I'm not too far in Automata, but it happens often in Nier.

I've never played the original and this was something in the demo that irked me. Still got the game and excited about it, but I wish i could just remain in 3rd person without the camera floating to the side or birds-eye.

EDIT: NVM

it's really disappointing seeing all the BBEs on ebay that are literally more than double the price. Saw one seller selling the DLC for 55$ alone.

burgerdog

UPS out for delivery, barely 30% into Horizon with 25 hours played. Tried Zelda for a bit on switch, haven't even opened Yakuza 0 yet. I'm going to have to play this after Horizon otherwise I won't touch this game for months. All these games, man.

any tips for newbies just starting this? when it comes to items and weapons.

Make use of plugin chips and upgrade space asap in the Resistance Camp. You can increase movement speed, damage, add shockwaves to your attacks, etc. It's very helpful.

Weapons are entirely subjective. I typically played short sword/spear and bracers/heavy sword but you can use whatever.

UPS out for delivery, barely 30% into Horizon with 25 hours played. Tried Zelda for a bit on switch, haven't even opened Yakuza 0 yet. I'm going to have to play this after Horizon otherwise I won't touch this game for months. All these games, man.

It's both wonderful and horrible. I can't quite remember a time it's been like this.

Cannot wait to play this game! The demo floored me with how good it was. I'm all caught up on my NieR analysis/story recaps, as well. Bring it on!

pezzie

Going into this completely blind..

Are store upgrades/purchases permanent?
I'm at the very start of the game.

Upgrades are permanent.

You can lose your equipped chips if you die and don't get back to your corpse. If you're paranoid about this, just load your last save file after dying instead of running back to your body.

Crayon

I can't believe todays the day. :3 picking it up on the way home. I'm not sure if I should jump in just yet or wait for the weekend.

Just got the notification the game arrived at my place and I am stuck at jury duty for the next 5 hours. Welp, this will be a long wait.

Just got the notification the game arrived at my place and I am stuck at jury duty for the next 5 hours. Welp, this will be a long wait.

Man, I wouldn't even trust it for that long. Hope you got somebody to grab it and put it somewhere safe. Or bring it to you when y'all go on break (eventually).

Yep. It sucks even more because both Horizon and Zelda are really great, captivating games. It would be easier to drop them if they were both mediocre.

But the mere existence of this game is a dream come true for me. Horizon and Zelda are going to have to wait, and probably Mass Effect as well. I'm playing this and only this after I pick it up tonight.

I've been refreshing the amazon tracking page for the past hour and bam 10 minutes ago "DELIVERED"! Downloading that 3 gig patch right now, so excited ahhhhhhhh

N° 2048

Hoollyyy shiiit. What a ride that was. I don't want to stop playing.
[END GAME SPOILERS, WARNING.]

50 hours, finished endings
ABCDEGHKLRTU

Questions for those done all main endings:
I'm going to go back to wrap up some side quests, maybe get the rest of the
joke endings
and try the
secret bosses (Emil, Amusement Park statue).
Are there more
secret bosses
?

Anything else you guys recommend doing? Also going to see the different outcomes of
Pascal's Despair, I left him the first time, didn't hack or kill him.

I still can't wrap my head around this game. My heart is beating, I'm sweating and I just don't know what to do with myself right now.

Yoko Taro, man...you fucking genius.
tumblr_o15ktbqo2g1spb0xzo3_400.gif

1461722835906.gif

GOTY so far.

Top Bottom