• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

OK so uhhhh.

Are there any alternate costumes in the game?

Cause I'd like to dress up 2B.

I'd pay for it if that's what it takes Sir Yoko Taro.

Jiraiza

Hoollyyy shiiit. What a ride that was. I don't want to stop playing.
[END GAME SPOILERS, WARNING.]

50 hours, finished endings
ABCDEGHKLRTU

Questions for those done all main endings:
I'm going to go back to wrap up some side quests, maybe get the rest of the
joke endings
and try the
secret bosses (Emil, Amusement Park statue).
Are there more
secret bosses
?

Anything else you guys recommend doing? Also going to see the different outcomes of
Pascal's Despair, I left him the first time, didn't hack or kill him.

I still can't wrap my head around this game. My heart is beating, I'm sweating and I just don't know what to do with myself right now.

Yoko Taro, man...you fucking genius.

GOTY so far.

Go find 2B's flight unit in route C as 9S and cry tears if you haven't already.

Wow.

How the hell do you dodge the saws? One hit me and threw me into the other, causing me to die and now I have to do that intro all over again.

Hektor

Wow.

How the hell do you dodge the saws? One hit me and threw me into the other, causing me to die and now I have to do that intro all over again.

Dodge repeatedly. Also, put the difficulty down in case having to restart the intro becomes annoying for you, you can put it back up whenever you want and you don't lose out on stuff.

raven777

I have to say the overworld is much more fleshed out than I expected. A lot of fun to just run around.

I think one of the reason for me was that the character is really a joy to control. The movement feels very good along with the animation. The fast running also feels quite nice.

My Amazon order just shipped, due to arrive Thursday.

0 for 1 on this Prime release date delivery I've heard so much about.

Bummer. I've preordered games a day or two before release and I did NOT get them release day but every single time I have ordered and it says (before I confirm the purchase) it will arrive on release date is has.

I think one of the reason for me was that the character is really a joy to control. The movement feels very good along with the animation. The fast running also feels quite nice.

I kinda miss rolling though. It's dashing vs rolling, I guess at the end of the day.

ubercheez

Bummer. I've preordered games a day or two before release and I did NOT get them release day but every single time I have ordered and it says (before I confirm the purchase) it will arrive on release date is has.

Yes, in fairness I did only place the preorder yesterday, so I wasn't actually expecting it today. But I was expecting it tomorrow in accordance with the normal 2-day shipping timeline, so I'm a bit irritated that I'm not even getting that.

Yes, in fairness I did only place the preorder yesterday, so I wasn't actually expecting it today. But I was expecting it tomorrow in accordance with the normal 2-day shipping timeline, so I'm a bit irritated that I'm not even getting that.

Yeah that's kind of strange. Still nice to get brand new games for $48 though :D

Kalentan

Sweet. So last night I had to stop playing cause the game wasn't finished downloading. Rather than quit out and lose my save data, I let it download in rest mode. Seems that worked cause it let me continue from there and it didn't count my hours on in rest mode. (There are some games that can and will count play time even when in rest mode.)

Eindyien

Neo Member
So, I bought Nier on PS3 a long time ago and never got around to playing it. How much does Automata connect to the first game? Should I go back and play Nier before Automata?

Roubjon

I just got off Amazon Chat about my Nier order that won't arrive until Thursday night and the guy gave me $5 promotional credit. So maybe try that? The guy also said the he played the first Nier and is excited for this one, which I thought was hilarious. I've never had those chat people communicate like an actual person before.

Arbys said:
9929 years in the future…

C6UdSvxWUAAuz1U.jpg

... Go figure.

mollipen

Found a pic of the reversible cover if anyone's interested. I love that it has the PS4 banner, I can keep it reversed on my shelf. Perfect design for a reversible cover imo.

Dammit. I want reversible covers that look like actual retail packaging, not back covers void of anything but art. This is what I was afraid of.

Dammit. I want reversible covers that look like actual retail packaging, not back covers void of anything but art. This is what I was afraid of.

At the very least it still has the spine/banner on the front/side.

I would have preferred information on the back too, but it's still a massive step up from the original box art.

DNAbro

Oh my god this game is already making me love it.

That desert fight.
"This. Cannot. Continue."
the music. Ahhh this is great.

also seeing the robots trying to fuck made me laugh and feel uncomfortable

You want half of the back to be taken up with copyright info and barcodes? I think having only the artwork looks classy, but to each their own I suppose.

mollipen

also seeing the robots trying to fuck made me laugh and feel uncomfortable

The best ones are the pair
engaging in oral sex
. I laughed so hard at that.

You want half of the back to be taken up with copyright info and barcodes? I think having only the artwork looks classy, but to each their own I suppose.

I want it to look like a game that would be sold on a store shelf, yes. I'm super amazingly picky about uniformity, and having games that "break" that by not looking like "real" copies drive me mad.

Wookieomg

Is anyone aware of any significant differences with this version vs the PC version? I know the PC version is unreleased, but have there been any previews or impressions from it? I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this for my PS4, because it just looks so damn good, but if the PC version will be worth the wait, I'll bide my time.

ubercheez

I just got off Amazon Chat about my Nier order that won't arrive until Thursday night and the guy gave me $5 promotional credit. So maybe try that? The guy also said the he played the first Nier and is excited for this one, which I thought was hilarious. I've never had those chat people communicate like an actual person before.

Thanks for the advice. Got an extra month of Prime comped, so I guess that's something!

Still have to wrap up Berseria before I dig into this anyway.

I want it to look like a game that would be sold on a store shelf, yes. I'm super amazingly picky about uniformity, and having games that "break" that by not looking like "real" copies drive me mad.

Ah, I can understand wanting everything uniform, even if it's uniformly ugly :p

Thanks for the advice. Got an extra month of Prime comped, so I guess that's something!

Still have to wrap up Berseria before I dig into this anyway.

If you're a prime member, remember that you have more bargaining power with support than they let on. Even hinting at "why do I need Prime if I don't get it on release day like advertised?" will change their tone right quick. I was surprised with what they offered when Gravity Rush 2 didn't ship until days after release, despite being pre-ordered.

Top Bottom