• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Kalentan

Query, is there any reason to actually explore? I'm in the city ruins right now and I'm just wondering cause it seems like there is quite a bit to see but I don't know if I should just head to the objective and then maybe get side quests to go to said other areas.

Caim

Query, is there any reason to actually explore? I'm in the city ruins right now and I'm just wondering cause it seems like there is quite a bit to see but I don't know if I should just head to the objective and then maybe get side quests to go to said other areas.

Side quests will be marked on your map as red dots (usually ???) on the map, you can explore to gather items and open chests.

Disc popped out in Amazon's bubble mailer. What a shocker. Gonna have to go to GameStop and swap copies now or mail it back to Amazon and wait. I was having a really good run with Amazon but it feels like theyve been fucking up more and more consistently.

N° 2048

I got a lot of weapons from just exploring and opening chests.

Don't worry about locked chests for now. Finish Route A and it'll click.

Where do I get combat bracers, and where is the best one? I've only gotten the dark/red themed ones from
underneath the amusement park

I would love to use a Bracer/Spear combo, but I never found a good pair to equip, so I just stuck w/ swords.

Moaradin

My game was on it's way but got delayed because the shipping partner still hasn't got it to USPS yet.

Now I have no idea if my game got lost or if it's just delayed because I've had no updates on the tracker. Shit is annoying for sure.

Jiraiza

Where do I get combat bracers, and where is the best one? I've only gotten the dark/red themed ones from
underneath the amusement park

I would love to use a Bracer/Spear combo, but I never found a good pair to equip, so I just stuck w/ swords.

There's one in the forest. You have to jump a few ledges to get to it.

LotusHD

Banned
Got the game, am installing it now. And yes, I reversed the cover as soon as I got it.

Unfortunately, I can't play it right now, gotta get some work done, but in a few hours I'll finally join y'all lol

Legit kinda jealous. I would have bought it if it was more reasonably priced.

Wish the Artbook/Steelbook were available elsewhere.
The steelbook is insanely gorgeous. I'm so impressed with this, I feel my money was justified. Artbook is phenomenal. And the whole thing is huge, I wasn't expecting the size of FFXIV Heavensward LE.

Weiss

Banned
Well I am already lost. I think the first map might be the size of the entirety of NieR.

Having trouble with the first sidequests; things don't seem to drop.

Question i have finished the game with all main endings, there is a section called "Novel", i have 50% of the content, can someone list all the content.

I've seen the secret ending so if that's the only material left then i'm good.

Even better if someone has a video of the missing novels.

ZoronMaro

How do you get your stuff back from the intro level?

You can actually go back to the abandoned factory at anytime, I unfortunately didn't realize it until after a certain point of no return so I missed a bunch of sidequests I'll have to go back for at some point.

Near where you first enter the city ruins there's an elevated highway you can climb on top of, just follow that.

So I finished
B
last night and started the next ending and now I finally understand
why that savepoint is called "Near the tower"
that had always confused me for so long, who knew it was a spoiler in plain sight.

Weiss

Banned
Yoooo holy crap I just
wandered back to the first dungeon and found my own body and my heavy sword.

GOTY 10/10 video games are a blessing its nothing but joy

Jiraiza

You can actually go back to the abandoned factory at anytime, I unfortunately didn't realize it until after a certain point of no return so I missed a bunch of sidequests I'll have to go back for at some point.

Near where you first enter the city ruins there's an elevated highway you can climb on top of, just follow that.

So I finished
B
last night and started the next ending and now I finally understand
why that savepoint is called "Near the tower"
that had always confused me for so long, who knew it was a spoiler in plain sight.
I always assumed the tower just meant the steel tower with the long ass ladder.

ZoronMaro

I always assumed the tower just meant the steel tower with the long ass ladder.

Yea I figured that too, but still thought it was weird they chose that as a landmark as opposed to
the mall.
I suppose it works either way, but it was definitely a thing that first struck me as, "huh that's odd" and then later realized "oh shit".

Abelard

Any word on the PC port? I am thinking of just getting it on that if it runs well (have a GTX 970/6th gen i5) as opposed to the OG Ps4. I can wait it out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I played the demo on a regular PS4, and now that I have my Pro I'm initially disappointed, between the weird framerate and the crazy aliasing that I thought a Pro would help fix.

george_us

Anyone else having a problem with the
Lost Girl
side quest? Sometimes when I
clear out an ambush, she'll refuse to continue pathing.

Edit: Found the problem.

anddo0

I played the demo on a regular PS4, and now that I have my Pro I'm initially disappointed, between the weird framerate and the crazy aliasing that I thought a Pro would help fix.

Micro-stuttering all over the place..
The game needs a performance patch for sure.

Makes me want to get the PC version. I purchased digitally though. :(

Hikami

Picked up my copy at Best Buy. First thing I did was unwrap it and reverse the cover lol.

Just waiting for it to finish installing now.

Mana Sin

All these locked chests are taunting me. :'(

Is it worth it to focus all upgrades on a couple of weapons before branching out?

Coda

All these locked chests are taunting me. :'(

Is it worth it to focus all upgrades on a couple of weapons before branching out?

Don't worry, just keep playing. ;)

I'd say yeah, upgrade the weapons you like. You'll always be getting materials just from playing and you can buy a lot of materials at different shops in the world.

D-Man

Probably won't dig into this until I finish endings C and D in NieR (have three weapons left!) and Zelda is keeping its grip tight on me, but I received my copy from Amazon!

Feels good to support Yoko Taro.

TheFlow

Banned
Plying on normal on the first about to rage. Starting over for the third time due to the saw things coming at you in pairs. What is the trick to it

Funny part is I beat it during the demo first try

Just fought
Adam and eve
fuck me this game has my mind asking so many questions I love it. I truly have no predictions anymore. I've forgotten this is nier 2 and it's a new Yolo Taro game, a damn good feeling.

Top Bottom